• Is convoy raiding mandatory or can you decide not to do a raid if you’re about to capture a capital?

• Official Q&A

It is mandatory.

• If Convoy Raiding is mandatory, then you saying that a German sub off the coast of the US is a declaration of war against the US, or ie, that Germany is not allowed to be in that sea zone because it would result in a declaration of war?  Same would go for Japan being off the coast of Malaya then…?

I see it mentioned in the P40 FAQ, but I may be missing it in the E40 rulebook, or at least spelled out, but the US is not allowed to land ground units or fly air units in/over the USSR prior to being at war with the Axis, correct?

• @LuckyDay:

If Convoy Raiding is mandatory, then you saying that a German sub off the coast of the US is a declaration of war against the US, or ie, that Germany is not allowed to be in that sea zone because it would result in a declaration of war?  Same would go for Japan being off the coast of Malaya then…?

I see it mentioned in the P40 FAQ, but I may be missing it in the E40 rulebook, or at least spelled out, but the US is not allowed to land ground units or fly air units in/over the USSR prior to being at war with the Axis, correct?

Convoy raiding is only mandatory after you’ve declared war and a declaration of war is required if you want to do convoy disruption.  If you haven’t declared war on the respective power, you can park as many units off their coast as you want.

• Official Q&A

@LuckyDay:

If Convoy Raiding is mandatory, then you saying that a German sub off the coast of the US is a declaration of war against the US, or ie, that Germany is not allowed to be in that sea zone because it would result in a declaration of war?  Same would go for Japan being off the coast of Malaya then…?

Actions don’t result in declarations of war - declarations of war allow actions.  If Germany is not at war with the US, a German sub off the US coast does nothing, as powers must be at war in order to conduct convoy raids.

@LuckyDay:

Correct.  It’s in the sidebar on page 15.

• @Krieghund:

@LuckyDay:

If Convoy Raiding is mandatory, then you saying that a German sub off the coast of the US is a declaration of war against the US, or ie, that Germany is not allowed to be in that sea zone because it would result in a declaration of war?  Same would go for Japan being off the coast of Malaya then…?

Actions don’t result in declarations of war - declarations of war allow actions.  If Germany is not at war with the US, a German sub off the US coast does nothing, as powers must be at war in order to conduct convoy raids.

@LuckyDay:

Correct.  It’s in the sidebar on page 15.

So, Convoy Raiding is then just mandatory when at war, that I’m good with.  Thank you!
    And thank you also for the 2nd answer as well.  The US was attempting to block me from attacking the USSR by telling me they could land north of Japan, and I just wasn’t finding it in the rules.  Much obliged sir!

• Here are some borders questions
    Does Ontario border EUS?
    Does Quesbec border New Brunswick/Nova Scotia?
    Does Alberta border CUS?
    Does Venezuela border Central America?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Here are some borders questions
    Does Ontario border EUS?
    Does Alberta border CUS?

Keep after him, calvin!  We need answers to these!

I’m guessing Alberta does border CUS (how could it not - there’s nothing between Alberta and the USA, and Alberta does not show up on the Pacific board, and WUS does not show up at all on the Europe Board)
    Quebec does NOT border NB/NS
    Venezuela does NOT border Cent America
    Ontario DOES border EUS (you can see a shared border).

This is from just looking at the board.  Let’s see what Krieg says.

• Quebec should border New Scotland. I think it’s a map error like z5 and Korea
    Venezuela touches Panama at a point. if they don’t border, this begs the question: does Colombia border Z89? In Real life, it does, and it is the only country that borders Panama(in South America anyway).
    As for Ontario, I see it now. I really wish the current Battlemap showed these connections.

Is Z85 supposed to border Argentina?
    Does Z64 border Peru? The board would say no but Func’s Battlemap says yes.
    Is Z72 supposed to border Mozambique?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Quebec should border New Scotland. I think it’s a map error like z5 and Korea
    Venezuela touches Panama at a point. if they don’t border, this begs the question: does Colombia border Z89? In Real life, it does, and it is the only country that borders Panama(in South America anyway).

“Real life” is irrelevant.  You play the game the way the map is drawn.  The map is sometimes drawn to reflect borders or areas that were not exactly the same as political boundaries.  Anyway, the map is drawn the way it’s intended to be played.  ABattlemap module doesn’t perfectly reflect this - they’re guys like you and me who drew it up, and they made a few mistakes.  That’s not an issue for this thread.

Colombia does not border Z89 (meeting at a point is not a border - Colorado does not border Arizona, though they meet at a point, IIRC)

As for Ontario, I see it now. I really wish the current Battlemap showed these connections.

Yep, they border for sure, and ABattlemap does need to be drawn to make borders clear (they did a good job for the most part).

Definitely.  It’s plain on the game board.

I agree - looking at the board, they don’t.  They meet at a point.

Absolutely.  No doubt.

• '22 '19 '18

Does Ontario boarder CUS, meaning we can pass over the Great Lakes?

• @cond1024:

Does Ontario boarder CUS

Yes

• There is an airbase in Sicily and the italian player puts 2 fighters, then the german player another two.

When an american fleet lands in South Italy, can scramble only italian fighters or all fighters (included the two of German player)?

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here are some borders questions
    Does Ontario border EUS?
    Does Alberta border CUS?

The answers to these questions haven’t changed since the last time you asked them.  If they do, I’ll let you know.

1)  Yes.
    2 & 3)  Probably.  I don’t have final confirmation yet, though.
    4)  No.

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

Does Ontario boarder CUS, meaning we can pass over the Great Lakes?

Yes, it does, and you don’t have to.  There are shared land borders between Superior and Huron and between Huron and Erie.

@Stefano1189:

There is an airbase in Sicily and the italian player puts 2 fighters, then the german player another two.

When an american fleet lands in South Italy, can scramble only italian fighters or all fighters (included the two of German player)?

The German fighters may also be scrambled, if the German player wishes.

• Is Colombia supposed to border Z89?

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

Colombia does not border Z89 (meeting at a point is not a border - Colorado does not border Arizona, though they meet at a point, IIRC)

Yep, they border for sure, and ABattlemap does need to be drawn to make borders clear (they did a good job for the most part).

Definitely.  It’s plain on the game board.

I agree - looking at the board, they don’t.  They meet at a point.

Absolutely.  No doubt.

Correct on all counts.

• @gamerman01:

Anyway, the map is drawn the way it’s intended to be played.

unless there is a problem in the transfer of the drawing to the print and Krieg has to fix it in an errata… :roll:

• @Krieghund:

@Autarch:

In Global, do you still remove a Japanese built industrial complex when liberating a Chinese territory or just knock it down to 3 if it is a 10?

It is eliminated.

If American troops land in Kiangsu (in japanese’s hands), an iphotetical 3 or 10 complex would it be removed? In simple words, when american occupies an “original” Japanese with a Chinese roundel, the territory goes to American or Chinese? I have this doubt from Pacific 1940.

• Another relevant question:

• If an AC, during defense, take an hit, the 2 fighters on it (they fights in the sea battle), can they land on AC as cargo ( so they can’t fight in the next Sea battle, until the AC will be repaired), or they must land elsewhere?

• If an AC, during an attack on another SZ, take an hit, the 2 fighters which fly from the original SZ from which the AC moved, can land on the AC? From Europe manual it seems to be “No”, and the fighters must land elsewhere or they will be removed ( they crash on water).

Thanks in advance, i’m a bit confused.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m