• thank you for joining the discussion Mr. Connor.

Well not really. He just got banned because he is a spammer. Anytime you see some blue link that has a name of some shoe, vitamin, medical pills, etc. This is the latest form of spamming. If you see them PM me.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Imperious:

thank you for joining the discussion Mr. Connor.

Well not really. He just got banned because he is a spammer. Anytime you see some blue link that has a name of some shoe, vitamin, medical pills, etc. This is the latest form of spamming. If you see them PM me.

Alright. I’d lke to remove his vote then, but I don’t think I can do that.

• @Imperious:

thank you for joining the discussion Mr. Connor.

lol, figures

• Well, to start, I’m 16 and also not a liberal; generalizations are just that.

I thought it was a good action movie until the good guys lost. I’m supposed to sympathize with the blue people? In the movie, the Earth was in decay. There was no choice but to utilize other planets. But no, James Cameron wants you to put the blue people first because they’re pretty.

• The plot was bland at best. The effects were different, but not benificial to the movie in my opinion. I wasn’t impressed. Plus, I disliked the overt political undertones and extensive talk of their religion.

The other thing that annoyed me was their technology. You can accomplish interdimensional space flight but you don’t have decent long-range weapons?!?!? (In the final fight they tried to destroy the tree by dropping a bomb on it out of an airplane. Even today we have missiles and surgical strikes that could have saved them a lot of trouble)

• '12

@GrizzlyMan:

The plot was bland at best. The effects were different, but not benificial to the movie in my opinion. I wasn’t impressed. Plus, I disliked the overt political undertones and extensive talk of their religion.

The other thing that annoyed me was their technology. You can accomplish interdimensional space flight but you don’t have decent long-range weapons?!?!? (In the final fight they tried to destroy the tree by dropping a bomb on it out of an airplane. Even today we have missiles and surgical strikes that could have saved them a lot of trouble)

I made the same point, but someone reminded that the humans in the film were the armed detachment of a mining company (albeit well equiped) not the military.  Even the big bomb at the end was improvised from mining explosives.

• @LHoffman:

So… how do people feel about this film? I am curious.

It was about as pleasant as a fight between a Democrat and Republican.

• I made the same point, but someone reminded that the humans in the film were the armed detachment of a mining company (albeit well equiped) not the military.  Even the big bomb at the end was improvised from mining explosives.

True. I forgot about that. Still, though, that far in the future, I’d think that equipment that almost any organization can acquire to day would be availible to such a large mining operation as that.

Yeah I’ll say those guys are pretty DAMN well equipped for being miners… I never really thought about the long range weapons bit… But I guess, if they had them, there wouldn’t be much of a story.

• '12

You know what ruined that movie for me? I’ll tell ya…

When the main character first ran outside in his avatar and saw the other avatars playing basketball in street clothes. From that moment I could not get the image of the “all-star monstars” from Space Jam out of my mind.  :x

@moralecheck:

You know what ruined that movie for me? I’ll tell ya…

When the main character first ran outside in his avatar and saw the other avatars playing basketball in street clothes. From that moment I could not get the image of the “all-star monstars” from Space Jam out of my mind.  :x

Haha… that’s pretty good.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m