• the NO for being at war is on the condition that the soviets have control of archangel and that there are no other allied troops in the Soviet Union.

• So the UK is now the punching bag it was, just trying to hold on until its big allies join in the fight. I think the UK list of priorities will look something like this in most games:

1. Stop the German from taking UK
    2. Contain the Italians
    3. Be a speed bump for and a thorn in the side on the Japanese

Might be the “duels” playing out in the game, UK against Italy, Germany against Russia and the US against the Japanese.

Im really looking forward to this now!

• @Dany:

So the UK is now the punching bag it was, just trying to hold on until its big allies join in the fight.

This is what I hoped for.  I also hope for two other things:

1. Sea Lion should be a threat, but only if UK fails to take it seriously.
    2. UK being spread so thin means that Germany can flood the Atlantic with U-boats

• I agree, I am really looking forward to playing the UK in the global game. Sea Lion will be a threat, i think a G3 sea lion will be very hard to stop for the UK. I also think there is a lot more potencial subs in this game, as long as the German controls Denmark they are 100 % safe in the Baltic.

• '10

@bennyboyg:

Yeah, making Soviet Transports/Ships is becoming a viable strategy as there’s only so much you can do with your massive stacks of infantry waiting to counterattack the Germans.

This strategy only sucseed, cause the german player concentrated on England and operation sea lion. But this will not be usefull for a global victory.

How you said… Russia will be too strong if the german player do not concentrate on the eastern front. …and this is more important, because italian forces can’t go throug the bosporus/turkish strait.

If you place your red hordes in the second line you can save Russia only for 1 or 2 turn more. You can’t counterattack without tanks and artillery, and these are the troops the german player should go for with Stukas, Messerschmitts and Tiger Tanks.

Oh…by the way. Thanks for this interesting report! :-)

• I can’t immagine that a viable Soviet strategy would be to have one infantry in your border territories, with your main forces waiting to counter-attack. What if the Soviet player did this, and then the german player decided to only attack with 2 infantry and a bunch of aircraft. You would ony have 1 maybe 2 infantry to counter attack for yourself

• @mohare6:

I can’t immagine that a viable Soviet strategy would be to have one infantry in your border territories, with your main forces waiting to counter-attack. What if the Soviet player did this, and then the german player decided to only attack with 2 infantry and a bunch of aircraft. You would ony have 1 maybe 2 infantry to counter attack for yourself

Then the Russian attacks with just 2 inf and air. I would think that that would be a good trade for the Russian as their income is intact.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Bennygoyg,

Can you verify that Emperor_Taiki’s Global National Objectives are accurate? were there any that were forgotten? I expected to see more than one USA NO, and also remember Larry mentioning a soviet NO that discouraged Allied troops in the Soviet Union. Any clarifications you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, they were all correct. With the Soviet being at war one, they also have to have control of both Seazone 125 and Archangel in order to get it. When you just play Europe, there are a few more bonuses for each country, but I can’t remember them exactly.@Dany:

@mohare6:

I can’t immagine that a viable Soviet strategy would be to have one infantry in your border territories, with your main forces waiting to counter-attack. What if the Soviet player did this, and then the german player decided to only attack with 2 infantry and a bunch of aircraft. You would ony have 1 maybe 2 infantry to counter attack for yourself

Then the Russian attacks with just 2 inf and air. I would think that that would be a good trade for the Russian as their income is intact.

Yeah, having one Russian inf in each border territory completely nullifies the German Airforce and lets you gain a significant advantage against the Germans, as if they launch a full scale invasion you can easily push them back.

• '22 '19 '18

If I was Germany I would attack this one inf with my stack (4-6 inf) and let the Russians attack me.  This way my inf are rolling 2s rather than 1s

• '10

@cond1024:

If I was Germany I would attack this one inf with my stack (4-6 inf) and let the Russians attack me.  This way my inf are rolling 2s rather than 1s

That’s the way we answered such a russian strategy in A&A Anniversary. The german player forced the russian to counter-attack.

…and you need a few units to get 3-4 german land units out of the territory.

The german forces are more mobile.

That’s why I am so happy about the mech infantery.

• @cond1024:

but after a while, germany has no more inf at eastern front, only tanks, while the russians still have more than plenty…

• Germany has to still use the tank push along with mech. infantry and tactical bombers. All the bonuses they get with these in tandem should really cramp the Russian’s infantry dead zone mechanic.

• Official Q&A

No, that was before I arrived.  The whole time that I was there we were too busy with meetings and discussions to actually play anything, at least during convention hours.

• Hey all,

I’ve scanned through this post, so maybe I missed this, but what are the Tech’s for global?
    Thanks! Sounds great so far.

• not true IL! what about inproved mechanized inftry

• @Yoper:

@bennyboyg:

@Krieghund:

@bennyboyg:

I was also at Gencon, and literally just got back home. The new game is fantastic, I was able to play both Global and Europe versions. I’m not sure if I saw you there, but I was the one playing as the Soviets during the liberation of Scotland.

You were there on Saturday, right in front of the HQ table?  Larry and I watched that game for a while, off and on.  It was interesting.

I played Global on Thursday morning around 10, and that was when it happened. I asked Larry if he had ever seen that before, and he said he hadn’t, so I was pretty proud of myself haha. I also awkwardly asked if I could take a picture with him too, which I was super pumped about.

Bennyborg,
    Where where you placing the transports that you used to liberate Scotland?  Up north in sz 127?

Krieghund,
    Sounds like Larry was into some game play.  Did you get “dirty” too?

Yeah, it was out of range of the German air units and it let me reach Scotland in one turn with the naval base and all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m