• What would be the chance to see a Navy Corpsman armed with a pistol?  I know in Europe the red cross on a person was geneally respected but in The Pacific not so much.

• What?

Well if you paid him to wear a sidearm he would probably go for it being he was on the navy pay scale.

I think his respect would not matter because he had cash in his pocket.

• @Bluecoat1861:

What would be the chance to see a Navy Corpsman armed with a pistol?  I know in Europe the red cross on a person was geneally respected but in The Pacific not so much.

Why would a medic carry a gun ? In case he want to pull a solitary attack on the enemy line ? Come an buddy, a medics first job is not to fight, but to aid the woundet no matter what. I think the medics had their hands occupied with stretchers, medications and casualties, and no spare time to fool around with guns.

• The red cross was not respected of the Soviet Armies at all and they shot at it on sight and used the big red cross for a aim marker…when the Red Armies where on the march in 1943 it was soon clear that they would kill all peoples in a Field hospital because they did not anticipate in the Geneva Convention…to Stalin  :a wounded soldier was no good soldier anymore…Tokio tried to implement some sort of a agreement for the war but it was ignored and a get together failed in '40 because of the allready ongoing war…In all actuallity nobody really cared about the Red Cross it was more a mutual or humanity agreement…
    -Soviet Snipers shot preferred at Medics because of their value in battle and that somebody tries to help him ,just to get picked up as well…
    so you see there was not a lot of respect for Medics in Europe either…that is just a glimpse of what was going on…

• '10

Brain, that was very deep.@Brain:

There is nothing humane about war. It is only a human thing.

• I was a “Combat” Medic during my army time.

We had to wear a pistol - not to fight the enemy, but to have a weapon for self defece. Imagine a wounded armed man full of adrenaline stands before you and wants to see the doc immediately - and the doc is currently not available…

Just one of the scenarios…

• @Richter:

I was a “Combat” Medic during my army time.

We had to wear a pistol - not to fight the enemy, but to have a weapon for self defece. Imagine a wounded armed man full of adrenaline stands before you and wants to see the doc immediately - and the doc is currently not available…

So in that case, you would use your pistol to finish the job that the enemy had started ?

• Its like that scene in Bridge too far, where the guy puts a gun to the doctor and forces him to fix him up after the doctor essentially said he had no chance.

Now the doctor can shoot both of the men and get back to watching football. LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m