Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @Fishmoto37:

@FieldMarshalGames:

And apparently our Factory is RETARDED.  After Germany we may take the contract to a new factory.

If you go to a different factory, would that set your project timing back even farther?

Not necessarily farther back in the long run.  It might be a case of adding a brief delay in the short term (in order to switch factories) for the long-term gain of having the pieces produced by a factory which delivers its goods in better time than the current one.  (As the old expression goes, taking a step back in order to jump further ahead.)

Jeremy’s idea of taking the contract to a new factory sounds like it could be a good solution.  At the very least it’s an option worthy of being investigated.  During the past year or so, we’ve all been working from the theory that production would speed up once all the kinks had been worked out in the production process for the Italian pieces.  This is a reasonable theory if we also assume that the delays to date have simply been the result of the learning process which is normal when you are figuing out for the first time how to do something new.  If, on the other hand, the basic problem is that the factory Jeremy is using lacks either the skill or the motivation (or both) to do its work in a timely fashion to the desired standard of quality, then we’re not dealing with a learning issue, we’re dealing with a factory competence issue that may not be solved with added experience.  In which case switching to a new factory might be the best option.

• '10

@coachofmany:

@Rorschach:

@Shakespeare:

Contracts enforceable in China?   I doubt it.   Good luck on that one!

Very well.  I’m sure it’s a two way street then.  The factory does not deliver product in a timely fashion (on the dates the factory themselves provided), they don’t get paid.  Contract or no.  I’m sure that’s incentive enough to get things done in time.  If not, use of a different company is likely in order.

If it is like my factory, they do not do anything until they get paid.
    Jeremy might of had to already pay for product, but you need to get that from him.

You got it!  The only other guy on here that ACTUALLY has been through this.  They have my money, and all I have is a clock that keeps on ticking….

• I know it has been a very long wait for these Italians but they look incredible. If Germany looks as good Fmg that might make you a million. BTW any updates on any of the units you will be sculpting for the upcoming countries is greatly appreciated. After all I believe that was part of the purpose of this thread. Can’t wait for the Russian armor.

• what has been decided for their armor? i was hopeing kv-2 or is-2/3  and a t34(any)

• CONGRATULATIONS ON 200 PAGES- UNFORTUNATLEY IT WILL BE ANOTHER 200 PAGES BEFORE THIS PROJECT IS COMPLETED :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Customizer

Could it be that the factory is bumping you in order to do bigger orders?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You got it!  The only other guy on here that ACTUALLY has been through this.  They have my money, and all I have is a clock that keeps on ticking….

Well, then I guess you need our support now more than ever. Hang in there.

• '10

@jim010:

Could it be that the factory is bumping you in order to do bigger orders?

That is exactly what I have been thinking! I just wish that there was some way that I could help you Jeremy.

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy, too bad your last name isn’t Soprano.  Then maybe you could send Paulie and Sylvio over to “talk” to the factory manager.  That would get things moving, heh heh.

• Field Marshal, really like the pieces for Italy, will be buying the sets as you put them out  :-)

on a side question, what map is that that the Italian pieces are displayed on?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Clyde85:

Field Marshal, really like the pieces for Italy, will be buying the sets as you put them out  :-)

on a side question, what map is that that the Italian pieces are displayed on?

That is HBG’s “Invasion Italy”
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Custom-Map–Invasion-of-Italy_p_412.html

• I’m going to pre-order at least 3 sets of Italians very soon! Be ready to ship them to… Italy!

;

Coach, I saw your map for invasion of Italy, I like it, but I can’t really buy it, for two reasons: First, it looks like the maps we used to see everyday in junior school, second, I don’t like being invaded by anglo-americans :lol:

J/K !

• I think the proper term is liberated by Anglo-Americans.

You were invaded by the Germans - liberated by the Allies. Little bit of a difference :-)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@reloader-1:

I think the proper term is liberated by Anglo-Americans.

You were invaded by the Germans - liberated by the Allies. Little bit of a difference :-)

I meant no harm in the title of the map. Like reloader said, invasion was by the Germans.
    I always try to keep good taste on my games and website. The banners I post on the top of my site hopefully represent a proud nation whether it was Axis or Allies. I try to pick pictures that you can be proud of and is in good taste. The Americans during WWII were a very a very rich and blessed nation that was able to help many nations beat the dictators of that period. Us Americans are very proud of what we accomplished in WWII but also realize that many nations did what they could to help in all ways to accomplish the same goals. Please realize that all free nations fight for basically the same reasons, and help each other out. France came to our aid during American Revolution and so on. Italy can be proud of their nation as well as others during WW2.

• '14

@Noll:

I’m going to pre-order at least 3 sets of Italians very soon! Be ready to ship them to… Italy!

;

Coach, I saw your map for invasion of Italy, I like it, but I can’t really buy it, for two reasons: First, it looks like the maps we used to see everyday in junior school, second, I don’t like being invaded by anglo-americans :lol:

J/K !

Noll,   It’s not the best map ever, but for my first map and not having the resources that a company like WoC have, I think It looks really good. The Invasion of Italy is referring to the Allies having to invade Italy and draw the Germans into southern Europe so there could be an Normandy landing the following year. I feel on this forum alot of people are too sensative and wear their feelings on their sleeves……Buy the map and play the game, you will like it!!

• Customizer

I think the term “invasion”, especially in the title of HBG’s “Invasion of Italy” game, is more of a strictly military term rather than a political one.  Yes, the British and Americans were there to liberate Italy from the Germans and the Facist party, but they had to invade the country to do so.  Just like D-Day was an invasion of France with the intention of liberating France from the Germans.
    Axis invaded countries to conquer, Allies invaded countries to liberate.

• '14

@knp7765:

I think the term “invasion”, especially in the title of HBG’s “Invasion of Italy” game, is more of a strictly military term rather than a political one.  Yes, the British and Americans were there to liberate Italy from the Germans and the Facist party, but they had to invade the country to do so.  Just like D-Day was an invasion of France with the intention of liberating France from the Germans.
    Axis invaded countries to conquer, Allies invaded countries to liberate.

Correct!

• Tiger, I like your map! You did an excellent work.
    I just said I won’t buy it 'cause being Italian I don’t like to invade my own country :)

And no, I don’t feel the Allies liberated Italy, I feel they won the war! So “Invasion of Italy” is a perfect title!

Give me Invasion of Greece and I will buy that  :-D

• I blame the Chinese, they have too many holydays

• '12

My opinion is that if we keep the same company, we will never be able to finish the project. And I dont want anybody saying that its the first set, it always takes longer, cause we are wayyyy past this point. Just my 2 cents.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m