• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Krieghund:

It doesn’t show infantry attacking on a 2 when paired with artillery, either.  It’s not incorrect - it’s a design choice.  There simply isn’t room on there for all of the combinations.

Yes, I presumed this as well. Even the big battle boards never showed pairing advantages.

• @Krieghund:

It doesn’t show infantry attacking on a 2 when paired with artillery, either.  It’s not incorrect - it’s a design choice.  There simply isn’t room on there for all of the combinations.

Thanks again Krieghund.

• @Imperious:

I got mine today and of course one of the planes was broken and the battlestrip was totally damaged. Wonderful. Hopefully the other 5 will come in a box and not some peach envelope.

My planes were immaculate but the battle board looked like it had been grape shot from the planes wings. I hardly ever used the battle board back in the day, let alone this new battle strip so no big loss for me. It’s the planes i thank WOTC for  8-)

• '10

yep, creaased battlestrip    1 plane broken    another nearly broken

• So what exactly do we have to do to get these 6 tactical bombers? Call their customer service? Or just straight out mail them the incorrect battle board with a note? I just found out about this, and am eagerly waiting this remedy to the game. It kind of reminds me of Axis and Allies Europe when there weren’t enough infantry for the setup, except then i could just borrow from revised (which i can’t exactly do now).

• I got mine yesterday and was estatic.
    I emailed them at wizardscusthelp@wizards.com and told them i wanted the pieces they asked me for my name and address and mailed them to me.

• I kinda want to get more tactical bombers and a more accurate battlestrip but if its mailed in an envelope and probably will get damaged then I wont bother.  I have 4 Axis and Allies games worth of units, IPC notes, score boards, battlestrips, etc.  I would be perfectly fine just supplementing this game and the AAE40 board when it comes out and just shift pieces from board to board.  Sucks when they screw up shipping things out but I just hope the Europe board doesn’t have messed up seazones and correct deployments for all factions, that matters more to me than more units.

• @Gharen:

…I just hope the Europe board doesn’t have messed up seazones and correct deployments for all factions, that matters more to me than more units.

This is the precise reason that I am looking to sell my AAP40 and not buy AAE40 when it comes out. AAP40 has left a bad taste in my mouth for anything else from WotC. I already sold the 2nd edition, AA50, Guadalcanal and D-Day games. Looking to sell the old Europe and Pacific games along with Revised and AAP40. Message me if anyone is interested in cheap AA games.

• I can’t believe you sold the anniversary edition, that version is like a solid gold bar and until this combiner game comes out, probably the best AA game out to date.  But I understand your point of view, I am also upset with the errors and breakdown in communication on whoevers part it is to allow such grievous mistakes to make it through to the final product.  Just astounds me that they let it happen.  You should take pride in your work and constantly improve your company in all aspects each and everyday.

• @Gharen:

I can’t believe you sold the anniversary edition, that version is like a solid gold bar and until this combiner game comes out, probably the best AA game out to date.  But I understand your point of view, I am also upset with the errors and breakdown in communication on whoevers part it is to allow such grievous mistakes to make it through to the final product.  Just astounds me that they let it happen.  You should take pride in your work and constantly improve your company in all aspects each and everyday.

i agree. I have been playing games like Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear and another game called Valor and Victory. They are hex and counter games and in my opinion a lot more fun than Axis and Allies. Tactical war games appeal to me more and I only wish I would have discovered them before I bought all of the Axis and Allies games. The AA games are just too long and drawn out and I only get to play on Saturday nights for 3-4 hours. It can take a month or more to play one game of AA and in that same amount of time I can get at least 4+ games in of CoH or V&V. I am not missing the AA games that I sold. I will probably never buy another game from WotC.

• How much did you sell anniversary for?

• TripleA '12

I’m happy for all you guys who got the extra pieces and corrected battle strip. It’s encouraging to see WOTC do this so soon. However, I will still reserve my purchase of AAP40 until a corrected reprint is released, if this ever comes to pass.

• @Mino1124:

How much did you sell anniversary for?

$250.00 with the full set of FMG combat dice.

• Well I received my battle strip and six Jap bombers……good thing they had already sent me six before. It was sent in an envelope and half the tac bombers are twisted and mangled.

Go figure. I hope everyone else who receives the extras gets them in better shape. Although I am just going to give the second set of six to a buddy.

• My battle strip came in looking pretty mangled. But my 6 Tac bombers came in perfect. I guess I should just be happy about that since everyone seems to have gotten at least 1 broken bomber.

Sorry to hear about that, guys.

• None of my bombers were broken just little white spots where they look like they wanted to bend. My battlestrip had some dents from wings but nothing too serious.

• The white spots are where the bottom of the plane dug into the battlestrip and nearly broke off where the landing gear is. That seems to be why my battlestrip has all sorts of little holes in it from the pressure of the plane ( and something really heavy on top before shipping) causing damage to the bend up strips.

• I received my “envelope” today with a pitted and mangled looking battle strip and Japanese tactical bombers that have white stress marks all over them. Pathetic. Would it really have cost that much more to ship in a padded envelope? This is ridiculous. Anyone want to buy a 1 time used AAP40? Will sell cheap.

• Must be Cal Moore’s brother doing this.

• If this is the kind of “service” that we are going to get from WotC then I am not going to be buying any more AA games. In fact, the whole situation with this game has contributed to me selling my AA games. I had all of them and have sold 2nd edition, D-Day, Guadalcanal, and AA50. Still have Pacific, Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Revised and AAP40 for sale. I am done with WotC. Will take any reasonable offer for the listed AA games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m