• @Incline:

Just got my new battle strip and 6 tac bombers too. Thanks for coming through, WOTC!

Unfortunately, due to them being shipped in an unpadded envelope, one of the tac bombers had its vertical stabilizer broken off….But I guess I  can live with that.

similar thing with mine. 2 others had fatigue creases in the wings butt I’m happy they came through

• #558  Do not delete me please.

:-D

LOL… your too funny!!

• Hey all, i haven’t posted in a little while.

I’m going to order an AAP1940 today, but was wondering if there are still issues?

Do i still need to email them about a new battle strip?

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

One last question, other then that is there anything else that i will need?

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

Sorry for ignorance on the matter, i was reading through this thread, but just want to make sure before i order.

• '10

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

mention it in the battle strip email and they will send you 6 additional japanese tac bombers

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

yes, check the errata for updates to the setup and rules

• Great, thank you!

What is the email address?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@johnnymarr:

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough.

• '10

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough

if your request was after a certain date, they require the incorrect battle strip as a proof of purchase

• Official Q&A

@eaglex72:

What is the email address?

You can contact Wizards Customer Service either here or using the information on the back of the Rulebook.

• @johnnymarr:

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough

if your request was after a certain date, they require the incorrect battle strip as a proof of purchase

Not necessarily true.  I purchased the game online only AFTER the announcement was made that 6 tac bombers and a corrected strip was available, and even then only after I had the game in hand (another 2 weeks or so after the announcement).  I emailed customer service requesting the pieces and strip, mentioning specifically the announcement and provided my address in that email, and asked for instructions to send in the battlestrip if necessary.  I received no followup email or request, but within a week I had received a package with the bombers and the battlestrip with the form letter everyone else has received about how the game originally was meant to have 9 japanese bombers, here’s the missing 3 plus 3 additional, blah de blah de blah.

Also a bonus, as I’m in Seattle no shipping damage whatsoever as it ships from their warehouse nearby.  So fear not, Seattleites.  USPS doesn’t have nearly the time to spindle, fold and mutilate when you’re a local!

• I had actually bought two copies of the game and they sent me one set of replacements without having to send in the battlestrip. But the bombers were broken and bent and the battlestrips was all beat up so I sent them back with a written request for undamaged replacements. After almost three weeks of waiting, I emailed them again and they said there was a problem processing my request and they’d send them out immediately. That was almost two weeks ago…

• '10

sometimes they tell you to send it in, sometimes they dont.  regardless, just do what they ask and you will get a new battle strip and 6 tac bombers

• Thanks, all.

I emailed them yesterday, and got a reply early today, and they’re sending out the tac bombers and new battle strip.

Sweet!

• Has anyone posted a pic of the new battle strip that WOTC has been giving out?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m