• My response did address the pieces, but only to say that they won’t be giving any out unless you were missing some (didn’t tell me how many there should be) or there were broken pieces.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Good news guys! We’re getting our bombers! Check this out. WOOHOO! I just got in my email:

Variable,

We have placed an order for a replacement battle strip and will ship the replacement to you when we receive the corrected strips in which should be around February. I am also sending you a few extra Japanese tactical bombers now.

Thank You
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Pat
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

• Thanks again Variable.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@spacemarine17:

I wrote to WotC and complained about the:
    *Battle strip
    *IPC Chart
    *I only got 5 Tac bombers for Japan
    *Asked about an updated rulebook and Set Up box for US and Anzac.

Their reply:

"The battle strip is incorrect and was caught fairly recently. We’re in the process of making some new ones and should have them by February. We can put you on the list to receive one.

As for the rest, we’ve received no information one way or the other about what’s going to happen. The piece amount you have is correct, and we have received a number of complains about that and the set up issue, but have no answer we can give at this point. We are making the A&A guys aware and hopefully will have a response soon."

-adam.

You should have originally received 6 tac bombers for Japan. Also, it looks as though they are sending some extras out to people. Make sure you get extras with the one they owe you. It seems like just a few pieces, no big deal. But trust me, in this game it makes a huge difference. It’s worth the time.

• I had been asking about getting boxes with the correct set-up info and got this response:

What is incorrect regarding the set up information for the US and ANZAC forces?

Thank You

I stated the corrections in the errata, and got this reply:

We have let the Brand team know about these issues as well but there may not be replacement boxes manufactured for this issue.

Thank You

Now that we have gotten the battle strip and tac bomber issues handled, we should try to get new boxes from WOTC with correct set-up info on them.

• They told me I should have 6 tac bombers for Japan so they will only send me some if I did not get 6.

• well tell them you got zero.

• they said they will send me what they promised…ill keep u informed…

which was 6 tac bombers and 6 mech inf for japan and the US

• I thought about telling them I didnt get any but I dont want to hose someone who really didnt get any by taking extras and using up the supply, which they say is very limited.  I guess either way someone is getting the shaft.

• @Butcher:

Now that we have gotten the battle strip and tac bomber issues handled, we should try to get new boxes from WOTC with correct set-up info on them.

The easier solution for them, if people start demanding new boxes, would be to not include the setup changes in the official errata, when it’s released.

Or they could just say No to new boxes, which is what they will most likely do.

Nice to see they are probably going to be sending people more Tac Bombers.

• So I already complained about the battle strip and they said they will send me a new one. Now you guys are getting tac bombers. I wonder if I should ask for that too or I wonder if they will just send everybody the same upgrade kit.

• Here is a reply I got about the boxes:

We have let the Brand team know about these issues as well but there may not be replacement boxes manufactured for this issue.

Thank You

I just think that we should get higher quality components for a game this good.

• @trackmagic:

So I already complained about the battle strip and they said they will send me a new one. Now you guys are getting tac bombers. I wonder if I should ask for that too or I wonder if they will just send everybody the same upgrade kit.

That is what I did. They said they would send me new strips in feburary then I later added that there weren’t enough bombers. This is what they told me:

We have placed the order for the other battle strip but we are unable to send you extra tactical bombers because we have a limited amount of replacement pieces, but those are for games that are defective, which include having broken or misshapen pieces, or if a game is missing pieces that are supposed to be in the box.

We hear what you are saying about the piece counts of the game. We place great value in the feedback, ideas, and suggestions of our customers. I assure you that Game Support meets with teams around the company on a regular basis, and we make it a priority that your voice is heard. While we cannot guarantee a direct response, we can promise that your thoughts and concerns are being passed along to the right people.

Thank You

• You know, you guys are really cutting into their Magic the Gathering time.

• @Todd7912:

That is what I did. They said they would send me new strips in feburary then I later added that there weren’t enough bombers. This is what they told me:

We have placed the order for the other battle strip but we are unable to send you extra tactical bombers because we have a limited amount of replacement pieces, but those are for games that are defective, which include having broken or misshapen pieces, or if a game is missing pieces that are supposed to be in the box.

We hear what you are saying about the piece counts of the game. We place great value in the feedback, ideas, and suggestions of our customers. I assure you that Game Support meets with teams around the company on a regular basis, and we make it a priority that your voice is heard. While we cannot guarantee a direct response, we can promise that your thoughts and concerns are being passed along to the right people.

Thank You

That’s pretty much the exact word-for-word response that I got as well.  :|

• '10

@Incline:

@Todd7912:

Thank You

That’s pretty much the exact word-for-word response that I got as well.  :|

Same here. Spoke with WOTC rep yesterday. Replacement units are for sets with incomplete/damaged units.

• So what you are saying is that we are not going to get more tac. bombers? :-(

• '10

@Brain:

So what you are saying is that we are not going to get more tac. bombers? :-(

Correct, unless your set came with less than 6 or some were damaged. In fact, the rep that I spoke with asked how I came across information to the contrary.

To be honest I’m not disappointed with the game quality at all. If I need more tac bombers I’ll just cannibalize my red zeroes from my original aap. They probably fit better on the carriers anyway and I’ll use the new sculpts for land based aircraft.  Now damged CV BB units with smoke/flames would have been sweet.

• @Battlingmaxo:

Now damged CV BB units with smoke/flames would have been sweet.

Battleship pieces with red pegs should do the trick :-D

• I am going to get AAE1940 but if the game is like AAP1940 with a shortage of pieces and mistakes in set up then AAE1940 will be the last game of AA that I will buy. I also play Memoir '44 and have never come across these issues.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m