• @Emperor:

@Omega:

I was flying one of the hijacked plane

Not funny, especially posting it on 9/11.  Nearly 3,000 peopled died at the hands of suicidal Islamic fanatactics that those people never knew or did anything to harm.  -1 Karma from now to eternity. :x :x

agreed :x

• @Emperor:

@Omega:

Not funny, especially posting it on 9/11.  Nearly 3,000 peopled died at the hands of suicidal Islamic fanatactics that those people never knew or did anything to harm.  -1 Karma from now to eternity. :x :x

Yeah, well I seem to remember talking about Iraqi civilians in the same light yet people seem to think that’s different.

Why the hell is it “especially” not funny on the anniversary?  What makes that particular day more serious?

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

@Emperor:

@Omega:

Yeah, well I seem to remember talking about Iraqi civilians in the same light yet people seem to think that’s different.

Why the hell is it “especially” not funny on the anniversary?  What makes that particular day more serious?

Your callousness is only surpassed by your naiveté…a big fat smite.

• I was at work that morning on the University of Iowa campus (I was auditing the University) and my boss told me the news.  She said plane crash into World Trade Center.  I was not aware at the time that they were these 2 huge towers in NYC.  I asked how many people might be in them, and she thought maybe 50,000.  So yeah, I just couldn’t comprehend that kind of a disaster.  It was quite awhile til I heard it was “only” a few thousand dead.
    This was an unspeakably heinous and cowardly act.  Even Hitler himself did not organize suicide bombers to deliberately kill thousands of civilians in a tower in his enemy’s city plus the innocent people in the airplanes.  I need to start thinking about something else - this heinous act on citizens of the world (WTC had a lot of foreign-born people) makes me extremely angry to this day and I’m sure it always will.
    <9/14/09> One clarification - Hitler’s orchestration of the Holocaust is still one of the most horrific atrocities of all of history.  I did not mean to minimize that one bit.

I was at my house doing school.

Fun fact: later that day I went out into the woods and stepped into a Yellow Jacket hive. Got stung like 10 times.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

I was at my house doing school.

Fun fact: later that day I went out into the woods and stepped into a Yellow Jacket hive. Got stung like 10 times.

GG

Ouch!

• @Emperor:

@Jermofoot:

@Emperor:

@Omega:

Your callousness is only surpassed by your naiveté…a big fat smite.

Oh, wow.  I’m so hurt.  Please, one more smite just might make me cry. Way to dodge a question - that reminds me of old times!  +1 for you.

Oh, and thanks for employing the fine workers of Georgetown, KY by purchasing a Corolla (I have one myself as well).  I’m sure Obama is proud.  :-D

• This is getting too political for something thats not political ( referring to the post a few up from Jermos)

should it be closed?

• @Imperious:

This is getting too political for something thats not political ( referring to the post a few up from Jermos)

should it be closed?

Is it up for vote or something?  Thanks for being democratic.

Let me just put a political message in my footer and we’ll call it square.

• I think he’s referring to mine.  Is it considered political to call Hitler and the 9/11 attacks dastardly and heinous???

• yes i was referring to you. Not Jermo.

• It is worse to kill several people than a single person, and it is worse to target civilians, instead of soldiers. The Iraqi civilians are collateral damage, so in this context it is hard to make a fair comparison, imo. It will be very subjective.

Also, I have a problem with discussing many Iraqi or Afghan, collateral civilians w/o discussing the wars themselves, regardless of if we compare to 9-11, and it is political, even if I agree more with Jermofoot, I can’t see it not being political. But I like political discussions, so I vote for not closing the this thread. Or can we call it a military discussion instead of political?

Also Churchill ordered killing of civilians during WW2. But Stalin was worse than all those other mentioned in this thread.

During the Spanish campaigns in South America 500 years ago, there were more South Amercian people killed by infectious disease, than by Spanish guns and swords.

• Thanks for providing some relevant context, Subo

• @Imperious:

yes i was referring to you. Not Jermo.

And why didn’t you answer my question?  I think I have a right to your answer since you criticized my post as somehow being “political”.

Tone it down or this will be shut guys! This is beyond political this is getting close to being a flame war. We don’t need that.

GG

• I think I have a right to your answer since you criticized my post as somehow being “political”.

The post was getting off topic which is typical for how a potential political discussion develops from our experience as moderators. One person starts with a key word and another chains it together and the whole thing mutates from 'selective variation '.

• Um, thanks for your reply, but my post was right on topic.  I answered what I remember from the morning of 9/11.  Is it controversial to say Hitler and the terrorists were bad?  Wow.

• Bringing in Hitler in a topic on 9-11 is NOT ON TOPIC, either by comparison, analogy, anything.

It does not matter if you said “Hitler was the devil”  Just leave out Hitler and Terrorists in a conversation about “where were you on 9-11”

Thats what this thread is about. Not about Hitler or Terrorists or how bad they are. The thing always mutates latter into “obama is _____” or its Bush’s fault latter.

It may seem crazy but i have been seeing this for over five years on this site. It starts with one thing than leads to another and fights start.

And don’t be defensive. I am just here to make sure problems don’t start. I don’t have as they say “a dog in this fight”

• It’s time to kill this post. It’s beyond saving.

• @Imperious:

And don’t be defensive. I am just here to make sure problems don’t start. I don’t have as they say “a dog in this fight”

So now you gotta bring Vick into it? OH, IT’S ON NOW!!!

jk :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m