• @mr-kell Hi Mr. Kell,

Several changes have been made throughout the Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion after play testing revealed need for rules clarification and adjustments.

Soon a complete new setup (Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion) will be released - including the posts I have already made.

So, what you have seen so far this year is updated.

Thanks for asking:+1:

• @gen-manstein Hi Manstein,

1. Yes- a total of 3 fighter or tactical bomber units + 3 Tank units - that’s it.

2. You can bid for your favorite side - I will post that rule soon. We don’t see many bids, since most players agree which side to play.

We also have an agreement among players that the loosing player has first choise of side in next game. Also agreed is that no more that 3 times in a row can you play the same side.

In that way players are “forced” to think out of the box - and thereby contribute to new strategies and scenarios.

1. Allies can still land in Russia as with the original G40 rulebook. But we don’t see that much since Russia - if handled flawless - can hold back the German onslaught. At least until Allied forces can put Germany under pressure in the West.

• You shouldn’t need a bid for game and allies should never get to land in Russia. That’s where LL comes in.
    Players should rotate each game. Helps for all to learn. Granted u may have 1 or 2 exceptions based a players choice. This way more that learn both sides easier to adjust countries for future games when a player or 2 can’t make it. Just what I do anyway.

• @gen-manstein

You’ve got a good point concerning bid. We have only seen a few bids during Tournaments.

We chose not to change the OOB rules concerning Allied units in Russia - simply because it should be up to the Allied player(s) to decide.

I don’t recall, however that any players send Allied units into Russia anyway… (other that Lend-Lease of course).

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

LL is good that you have. U got free tank in Urals for Tankograd which we have( 1 free tank ,buy 1 tank 4 icps per turn. Place there at ic. Can move 3 spaces next turn from Siberian rail road. Can make Moscow. Or move 2 to don river defense if it’s not raspituta season.
    I have a LL chart for Russia I can post. U roll for LL. You have to place at the 4 route spots only.
    I would add to your LL list 3 mech trucks. As you know allies sent a ton of them. Just ideas here.

• @gen-manstein

Great - post it - very interesting:+1:

• BCB6B3C7-81CE-462B-9CE6-DE8FC61F7053.jpeg

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Also keep in mind these NAs. Russia rolls for 2 each game only. All other countries have same option. This changes the game up a bit. Maybe Ger goes all out for Moscow based on there 2 NA or Allies might do a d day combined attack etc.
    Last game Moscow fell but was able to hold Stalingrad and allies won game late.

407230E6-6BA9-4DDB-83C0-E9949E4F93DF.jpeg

• @gen-manstein

Interesting,

So, if I understand correctly - UK & US do not send war materiel to USSR - instead the USSR rolls dice to determine what “Lend-Lease” units they get - and place these units directly at one of the territories that are mentioned…?

• @the-captain said in Lend-Lease to the USSR:

@gen-manstein

Interesting,

So, if I understand correctly - UK & US do not send war materiel to USSR - instead the USSR rolls dice to determine what “Lend-Lease” units they get - and place these units directly at one of the territories that are mentioned…?

yes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m