• I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here I go.

I used to be an Avid A&A player (played A&A regular and A&A revised when it came out.  I could never get into Europe/Pacific, however, because most of the time I had 3-4 other friend that came along for A&A).  However, school got in the way and we eventually gave up on A&A.  Now summers in season and it looks like we’ll have more time.

My question is:  is the anniversary edition worth the high cost?  From the quick skims of the forum when AA50 came out tell anything, AA50 is essentially an AAR with a new face lift and some additional rules and a new unit thrown in.  Basically, if I buy AA50, will I find its the same old AAR and grow bored of it?

• @TheCaptain:

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here I go.

I used to be an Avid A&A player (played A&A regular and A&A revised when it came out.  I could never get into Europe/Pacific, however, because most of the time I had 3-4 other friend that came along for A&A).  However, school got in the way and we eventually gave up on A&A.  Now summers in season and it looks like we’ll have more time.

My question is:  is the anniversary edition worth the high cost?  From the quick skims of the forum when AA50 came out tell anything, AA50 is essentially an AAR with a new face lift and some additional rules and a new unit thrown in.  Basically, if I buy AA50, will I find its the same old AAR and grow bored of it?

If you liked the differences between Classic (or regular) A&A and Revised then get AA50. The difference between AA50 and Revised is a bit like Revised and Classic:

• Changes to the map (Europe, Asia and the Pacific)
    • New unit (Cruiser) and changes to the existing ones (Subs, Destroyers, Planes, essentially reflecting a new naval dynamic)
    • Italy and China
    • Differences to strat bombing/tech, the addition of NOs, the 1941 and 1942 scenarios, etc.

The 1942 scenario of AA50 looks close to Revised (but I’ve only played it once!) but I’m really addicted to the 1941 scenario.

• @TheCaptain:

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here I go.

I asked something similar some weeks ago:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13540.0

• It is probably too late to get AA50 now at a decent price!

• @Constantinople:

It is probably too late to get AA50 now at a decent price!

In Germany 252 EURO (about 328 USD) for a new game (via Amazon marketplace) at the moment.

• yes get it if you can.  i have played all A&A, except Guadalcanal, and this is by far my favorite. i have never played a forum game(yet), and i only play with 1 other friend(maybe all i got?) but we play 1-2 times a week.  the game last a long time, but we set it up, play for as long as we can, then leave it and come back to it.  i like the fact there are 2 different scenarios, and I find it is not easy as either the axis or the allies to win. if you can find one, buy it.  its only money bud, and that’s what money is for, to spend.

• @Constantinople:

It is probably too late to get AA50 now at a decent price!

Not if you’re lucky. I was able to pick one up (finally) and at a discount from MSRP!!!

I got nine US Transports instead of ten and one US Green Japanese mold cruiser.  :? But otherwise the set is beautiful rules changes aside.

• '10

Mission and fun games (canada) has it listed for 159 canadian. On 4/18 it was 130 canadian so I guess supplies are running out. A lot of the amazon sites are taking pre orders for the fall in the 70-100 USD range. You can also try ebay or craigs list.

• I and my friends feel that AA-50 is the best board games we have EVER played , we absolutly love it and will be playing it for the rest of our lives, no kidding!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m