• @baron-Münchhausen said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

@SS-GEN

Just for the initial historical feel. What about moving Canadian TcB (dive bomber? M5?) into Newfoundland, is there too much impact?

We can do that. Makes sense.

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN

Just curious, can the UK fleet in NA-7 can be placed in NA-2 or NA-8 instead?

Is it positioned so none of the other fleet can help the other because it is 3 SZs away?

• @baron-Münchhausen said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

@SS-GEN

Just curious, can the UK fleet in NA-7 can be placed in NA-2 or NA-8 instead?

Is it positioned so none of the other fleet can help the other because it is 3 SZs away?

Probably not. If subs don’t hit that fleet then US can help send ships to that fleet for defense and to protect there Transports. Plus with 2 fleets together can go to gib

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

I looked at the UK fleet to NA-8. It would definitely change Germany turn 1 combat.
    Remember 1 ship only blocks 3 ships.
    It would force Germany to send more ship that way and probably a few figs because UK would scramble 3 figs.
    NA-2 probably out of question there. Give Germany to much advantage.
    I’ll have to play out the scenarios.
    Idea from the start of game is if Germany attacks NA-7 fleet they can get FS shots and have the upper hand and also based on die rolls. Or if Germany gets sub Interdiction now they may abandon that fleet and attack with all subs in convoy boxes. But now UK has a good starting fleet to make up for money lost in convoy raids with US sending help right away and UK can buy ships right away but with those Germany subs out there best to buy 2 Tacs turn 1 for UK.

Granted if fleet is in NA-8 and no attacks it can always move back NA-7 or attack Germany fleet in sz NA-4 after Germany turn. Depends on there combat moves.
    That UK fleet in NA-4 can get 8 plane bonus kills on turn one and that forces other side to bring planes too for the counter.
    It help Russia turn one a bit with Germany planes going towards fleets but Germany can usually do fine turn 1 with limited planes.

It definitely would change turn 1 also based on UK could land in Normandy and now you are forcing Germany to hit that fleet.
    Question is it gonna make Germany to weak early and allies land to soon in game.
    I just feel then Moscow will never fall. The Germans should have a chance to get it while going all out but then make allies get Paris turn 3 and not turn 2.

Then Russia has chance to take back Moscow and Germany needs to defend at home and try to get Paris back or hold it so they don’t lose the 6 victory points ( Moscow 3. Paris 3 ) and keep at least one of those city’s and make Japan win the game.

Here’s a test with UK fleet in NA-8 instead of 7. UK scrambled 2 planes in battle based on only subs attacking and can scramble one fig per Destroyer.
    Other fleet in NA-4 was just subs and ships.
    UK scrambled 3 planes and risked them against AA ship shots. Plus no German planes in battle. But I’m sure most would bring planes and each side hoping to get bonus plane kills and then maybe UK don’t scramble planes or he retreats his planes after 1 combat round.
    No German planes were brought to any of the battles. No German ship aa bonus kills. Dam ! Lol
    So result is 5 dam on ussr box. 3 dam on UK refinery and 5 dam on UK boxes and if Germany also had NA Sub Interdiction would of cost UK and US 8 icps each at end of there turn for now. So UK and US can still kill subs before end of turn.
    Also 1 Canada transport escaped.
    The sub in ussr box does not count towards sub Ind based on not all 3 sz touching it counts. 2 sz Artic and not NA.
    I just feel this UK fleet move makes Ger to weak on subs in Atlantic. Ger needs to do 7-9 dam for at least 2 -3 turns. Other wise there to strong on Germany long run.

Ok 92C453B4-4DB7-45EE-AE34-B42F70A76A68.jpeg

After UK and US turn. Some US fleet ain’t going towards UK Anyway with this pic UK probably would need to retreat fleet back to NA-7 unless they want to scramble 3 planes and hope to kill a Ger plane or 2 but then lost those two Transports. So maybe now Uk can’t land turn one without losing it all. Unless they buy fleet and place there to reinforce.
    All I’ll say is with the UK fleet in Sz NA-8 does give both sides more options in game.
    Also if Allies can block that Ger fleet with 2 DD and only 2 subs could hit it.
    And the UK US Tac bombers missed subs on there turn.
    B61B3B92-3016-4C03-B4B5-B423770E2595.jpeg

• Yo’s it’s been awhile. Redoing my map again and looking way better. Have a question.
    Posted pic here.
    What would you count as a move if a plane was on the middle Philippines island and moved to either Luzon or Mindanao ? Disreguard misspelled Luzon.
    I’d say a move of 2.

A478E3E2-B498-4A24-A16B-6307896D4088.jpeg

• '19 '18 '17

According to your map it would be 2… But I dont think it should be 2. It is a close area… Should be 1.

• Ya was thinking that too. Just don’t see that scenario very often if not never

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

If you look close enough on map (just click on map to inlarge) you will see color dots that represent my 3 Island group NOs. This promotes more island action and Japan on turn 1 can go get most islands they took in dec41 Jan feb 42. Also added Aleutian Islands to a group so japan can land ground there to gain a NO like when they did have 3000 Jap ground there when they split there fleet before midway battle. Japan can also get Midway turn 1 and Wake to get 2 more NOs. We’ve been playing the island groups for quite awhile now. I also added the Philliphines as a 3 Island group. White dots with Guam I just added to map.
    Japan in this game Cannot take naps. Turn 1 they have like 10 options and has to decide which ones they gonna do.

I also added another 3 Island group in Med. and changed around the islands. So not going to printers yet. Also added a Japan convoy box by Carolinas for them sending resources to there and to New Britain.

This post is deleted!

Rays 1941 Global Map 2 V3.0.jpg

Pretty much done.

21F05B17-00C9-47BB-94F0-FB70124772F7.jpeg 2CC2E076-7B8C-4583-8212-FFF77A02A7FE.jpeg

Here’s a game at end of turn 4. US is doing the Island Campaign by recapuring the islands that Japan had control of and getting 4 3 Island Group Bonus worth 5 icps each. But they just moved a fleet from home with fast carriers ( NA) and M4 Cruisers ( Move 3 ) with NB. Japans goal is Dutch oil for extra money. Is it to late for the allies ?
    Germany just going after the 2 city’s in Russia and as of now are up to 28 points. Next turn they could try for Stalingrad and get to 30 but won’t hold out for win for now. We are still playing on old map.
    Anzac has a 3 island group bonus to. That would be the green dot islands.

So there is more Island group bonues on new map and an extra one in the Med. Just look at new map above and color dots show you the groups.

Rays 1941 Global Map 2 V3.0.jpg

Ok. More update tweaks to map. Added sea zones to the north.
    Couple new convoy boxes based on if Japan goes to war with USSR can cut off supplies from Alaska more or less food and supplies. Other USSR convoy box is if you Hit box you cut off LL pieces that can go there and 3 dam is for food and supplies. The Germans did sink supply ships by Novaga Island. This gives the Axis a 3 spot attack to stop all Lend Lease.
    But Russian pilots can land any plane from LL in Krasnoyarsk from Alaska Siberian route.
    Also the 1 USSR Destroyer off coast of outer Manchuria can 1 time in game go west through the Northern route and hookup with the USSR Northern fleet in Archangel only in non winter turns. But then he may stay there for a Japan assault landing with a Russian fig from LL Krasnoyarsk if it don’t go to the Eastern front.

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

Rays 1941 Global Map 3 V3.0.jpg

Looks like were done.

• @GEN-MANSTEIN said in GEN MANSTEIN’S 1941 Global War Game:

Rays 1941 Global Map 3 V3.0.jpg

Looks like were done.

¿south Africa and Colombia have the same roundel?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m