• Hi Panther, couple of more pieces of information.

1. At the end of my turn I select “Post Turn Summary”. After a successful post that button remains active - it used to dim. Maybe that was a design choice but as a user I find that confusing.

2. I can reproduce the “Play by Forum” bug. If I reload a game, play as local, save state, reload game, “Play by Forum” then it drops some of the fields on the dialog after selecting the button “Play By Forum” (fields are To:, CC:, Game Name: and Topic ID:). I can fill those in and continue but then I get a send error when trying to post the turn summary. If I play it “live” all the way through then it doesn’t drop those fields and sending works. I copied those fields from a saved game and I’m pretty sure I got them correct but I can save that game state and send it along if it’s useful.

• @LennardF Thank you, good observations.
    As these issues need to be addressed to and resolved by the developers - there is nothing we can do from our side here - I would kindly ask you to report it folllowing this:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35529/how-to-submit-a-bug-report

Thanks a lot.

Before can you please test your second issue with the current pre-release
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases
    Maybe it has been fixed in the meantime…

• @LennardF said in Post Turn and PbF Issues:

Hi Panther, couple of more pieces of information.

1. At the end of my turn I select “Post Turn Summary”. After a successful post that button remains active - it used to dim. Maybe that was a design choice but as a user I find that confusing.

2. I can reproduce the “Play by Forum” bug. If I reload a game, play as local, save state, reload game, “Play by Forum” then it drops some of the fields on the dialog after selecting the button “Play By Forum” (fields are To:, CC:, Game Name: and Topic ID:). I can fill those in and continue but then I get a send error when trying to post the turn summary. If I play it “live” all the way through then it doesn’t drop those fields and sending works. I copied those fields from a saved game and I’m pretty sure I got them correct but I can save that game state and send it along if it’s useful.

I agree about the Post Turn Summary button dimming, LennardF. That is what brought me here. I lose confidence that I have actually posted. Did you report the bug, as suggested? I won’t bother, if you have already.

• @CaptainNapalm I’ve not, sounds like there is another version and I was waiting for it to come out of beta and see if they’ve already addressed it.

• @LennardF Fair enough. I might report it, while I’m here and thinking about it. Thanks.

• @LennardF GitHub requires account creation to report bugs, apparently, and I was unsuccessful on multiple attempts to do so. So, I guess I just sit back and hope for the best, as well!

• @CaptainNapalm They had issues some hours ago. Just retry. It is usually super easy.

https://www.githubstatus.com/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m