• This is a link to a TripleA screenshot with relieftiles from Ils AA50 map, it’s too big for imageshack.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1915777

• @Imperious:

My home printer doesn’t have a “page set up” tab or area.

What is the model #/make of your computer? what is the operating system?

Your computer ( not printer) must have these options

My home computer is built by parts, do it doesn’t have a make/model. My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit, my work uses WinXP. I’ll check for those options at work on Monday.

• @Subotai:

So what about this map?

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/687/aa503ih9.png

Very nice. How big does it print out and why is there a chart floating in the Atlantic. :)

• My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit

yes use this. It has the options you need.

• @Imperious:

My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit

yes use this. It has the options you need.

Where? Here’s a screenshot of my Printer Preferences:

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome back TG Moses IV! It’s been a long time. 2.5 years ago you posted twice. Before that it was 2003. Glad to see that you’re active again.

@TG:

Bierwagen,

Lovely map, loveliest map I’ve ever seen.  It definitely has that war room feel to it.  That board would feel right at home at SHAFE Headqarters with Eisenhower and the rest of his staff.  All you need now is a prodding stick.

• http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000000/000096/faq000096_003.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5050_all&Cat=9

Title:
    I want to change the paper tray and paper size settings. How do I change these things?
    Description:

You can change the paper tray and paper size settings at Printer Driver.

Follow the procedure below to choose the Paper Tray and Paper Size setting in the printer driver.

Open the printer folder.

Right click on the printer name icon (i.e Brother HL-5040 series) and select the “Print Setting” from the Menu.

Open the “Basic” tab.
      4. At “Paper Size” section(1), you can select the paper size.  At “Paper Source” section(2), you can select the Paper Tray you want to feed the paper from.

I think your printer is not meant for anything other than basic business forms. I only use Canon printers because they make the best pictures and the ink is cheapest per sheet of paper printed. I worked with a Brother Lazer printer before and they just are good for printing lots of garbage at poor quality. The toner needs to be replaced real quick and they trick you with the cheap unit, but you end up forking out for the drum and toner and surrfer with bad quality.

Let me know what other printers you got.

If worse comes to worse… buy a printer Canon i900 series or greater and print off your stuff and then return it after a couple of days for a refund. Make sure you know the policy before you buy, but it should be okay at best buy or whatever.

• djensen,

It’s good to see you old friend.  :wink:
    Are you still living in San Fransisco?  Does your gaming group still have regular sessions of A&A?  Maybe we can play on the wharf sometime.

• Maybe we can play on the wharf sometime.

LOL! Where on the wharf could you play? Perhaps in that sourdough bread factory or by the blokes who chop up the crabs and make crab sandwiches?

Mechanics Institute on Post st.? I used to play Chess there a long time ago.

• Sure, we can play on the benches overlooking seal bay, while enjoying breadbowls of chowder.  Priceless.  :-D

I’ve always wanted to play a wargame at the Presidio, maybe near the old army barracks.  The place is tranquil too.

Speaking of which, where do you live Imperious Leader?

• Imperious Leader,

Your map is brilliant. Many thanks for your hard work.

I was wondering if you will allow me to post your “AA50PlayersAid.PNG” on another forum?
    http://www.cndkc.net/bbs/forum-35-1.html
    I translated AA50 rulebook into simplified chinese, and a map will be very helpful to local AA fans.

If your answer is yes, then how would you like me to state the original author? Something like “Imperious Leader from AxisAndAiiles.org”?

Best wishes,

• yes of course you can do that.

• Thanks a lot, IL.

• @J2004823:

Imperious Leader,

Your map is brilliant. Many thanks for your hard work.

I was wondering if you will allow me to post your “AA50PlayersAid.PNG” on another forum?
    http://www.cndkc.net/bbs/forum-35-1.html
    I translated AA50 rulebook into simplified chinese, and a map will be very helpful to local AA fans.

If your answer is yes, then how would you like me to state the original author? Something like “Imperious Leader from AxisAndAiiles.org”?

Best wishes,

IL, have you named your new map AA50PlayersAid? Or was this my old map?
    Or is he talking about two maps?

• hes not talking about mine.

• @Imperious:

hes not talking about mine.

Ok, thanks,  I had down loaded your map when it was called phase 1.  I was wondering, if you had renamed your new map PlayersAid-LOL.  to pick up where mine had left off.

Reguardless, your map is brilliant, with high tech photos in the back ground, textured colors, and clean vector lines,
    ( I think, they are called vector, please correct if I am wrong.)
      You also have the proper projection from the new game board. 
    Do you scan this or draw this for a base vector file?
    These are things I can not create, yet-LOL.
    J2004823, may be talking about both my old PlayersAid bit maps, and your new vector maps or hell,
    you do much for the game, possibly it was a general thanks for all your work and enthusiasm.
    anyway, wish I had the skill to produce at your level and you have my thanks.

One thought, as I am playing on the new AA50 board. 
    My group still needs a bigger, six foot board to play on. 
    I know Larry Harris and AH did not agree.  Many had argued for a bigger, mat type map to roll up or one with several panels, I believe you were in that crowd.

We created a cheap $6, 56" x 30 "greyscale map from my old PlayersAid bit map to play our next series of AA50 games.  We were thinking, old bit maps would not scale,
    to our surprise it came out fine, maybe not the high quality of your map, but good. 
    We were on a budget, with the Boeing strike just ending.
    It worked, twenty minutes at Staples-Bam game time.  I may not recommend this setup, except for those of you who have no choice and need room to play. 
    The big color map is the way to go, if you have the funds, we were told about $8 a square foot, Seattle area.  Is this a competive rate?

• ~$8 sq/ft is what I was quoted from several sources as well. So, for a 72x36 you’re looking at a pretty serious outlay of coin. Then you have to seal it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m