• yes of course you can do that.

• Thanks a lot, IL.

• @J2004823:

Imperious Leader,

Your map is brilliant. Many thanks for your hard work.

I was wondering if you will allow me to post your “AA50PlayersAid.PNG” on another forum?
    http://www.cndkc.net/bbs/forum-35-1.html
    I translated AA50 rulebook into simplified chinese, and a map will be very helpful to local AA fans.

If your answer is yes, then how would you like me to state the original author? Something like “Imperious Leader from AxisAndAiiles.org”?

Best wishes,

IL, have you named your new map AA50PlayersAid? Or was this my old map?
    Or is he talking about two maps?

• hes not talking about mine.

• @Imperious:

hes not talking about mine.

Ok, thanks,  I had down loaded your map when it was called phase 1.  I was wondering, if you had renamed your new map PlayersAid-LOL.  to pick up where mine had left off.

Reguardless, your map is brilliant, with high tech photos in the back ground, textured colors, and clean vector lines,
    ( I think, they are called vector, please correct if I am wrong.)
      You also have the proper projection from the new game board. 
    Do you scan this or draw this for a base vector file?
    These are things I can not create, yet-LOL.
    J2004823, may be talking about both my old PlayersAid bit maps, and your new vector maps or hell,
    you do much for the game, possibly it was a general thanks for all your work and enthusiasm.
    anyway, wish I had the skill to produce at your level and you have my thanks.

One thought, as I am playing on the new AA50 board. 
    My group still needs a bigger, six foot board to play on. 
    I know Larry Harris and AH did not agree.  Many had argued for a bigger, mat type map to roll up or one with several panels, I believe you were in that crowd.

We created a cheap $6, 56" x 30 "greyscale map from my old PlayersAid bit map to play our next series of AA50 games.  We were thinking, old bit maps would not scale,
    to our surprise it came out fine, maybe not the high quality of your map, but good. 
    We were on a budget, with the Boeing strike just ending.
    It worked, twenty minutes at Staples-Bam game time.  I may not recommend this setup, except for those of you who have no choice and need room to play. 
    The big color map is the way to go, if you have the funds, we were told about $8 a square foot, Seattle area.  Is this a competive rate?

• ~$8 sq/ft is what I was quoted from several sources as well. So, for a 72x36 you’re looking at a pretty serious outlay of coin. Then you have to seal it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m