• @Bierwagen:

See my previous post http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12823.msg357475#msg357475 (I posted a picture of it being built).

I put a layer of sheet metal underneath my map so I can hang it on the wall at work.  I’m putting neodymium magnets on all my pieces & chips.  So now we can play at the office over lunch breaks, hang the map up when lunch is over, and keep the board is set up and ready for the next lunch break.

That’s beautiful!

• I must be dumm. I can’t figure a way to print out Imperial’s entire map on a OCE printer from Adobe Reader. No matter what i do it only prints out a single page, of some random area on the map.  :(

• Thats easy. you need to set it as poster. You have your printer set for a page file that’s normal.

You will also set the print to preview so your not wasting paper.

When you change these settings when the preview is shown you will see the print of a very small area of the map.

rest assured when you see this you have done it correctly and can print it.

Try them and post if you have further problems.

• @Imperious:

Thats easy. you need to set it as poster. You have your printer set for a page file that’s normal.

You will also set the print to preview so your not wasting paper.

When you change these settings when the preview is shown you will see the print of a very small area of the map.

rest assured when you see this you have done it correctly and can print it.

Try them and post if you have further problems.

I couldn’t find a option to set it to “poster” anywhere in Adobe Reader and in either of the two printers I tried printing it on. where is this “poster” option, within Adobe Reader, the Adobe Print dialog, or within the printer specific options?

• follow these steps.

control panel
    printers
    click your printer ( i have 3 you may have 1 just click the one you want to print)
    click printing preferences
    page set up
    poster printing
    specify

then toggle on the following:

all
    print cut/paste lines
    divided into is up to the number of pieces you want…take 16

• @Constantinople:

Just scanned the Western USA part of the map.

Then enlarged it to an appropriate size by guessing what size would still fit the map and not look too bad or obviously “home made,” but still would be larger enuff to fit my needs of a larger Western USA.  Kind of hit and miss on the enlarging. I initially printed out a couple of drafts on paper to see how well it would fit once I was ready to place it.

I had to darken the scan somewhat to get it to be same tone as the board colors.

Then I selected a semi gloss photo paper and printed it.

Then trimmed the map down to the coastline leaving the “light water” edge on the map. I also trimmed the northern part of enlarged map to allow it to fit better into the already existing coastline where it joined to Canada and voila it was done!!

I secured it to the map with tiny strips of double backed scotch tape.

The only caveat is that it allows Mexico access to sea zone 56 and it covers up the 55 in seazone 55 and it partially obscures “San Francisco,” but I’ll either let that go or relabel it Los Angeles! Go Dodgers!!

Boy, you must of really hated any pieces hanging off into water huh?

• @Imperious:

follow these steps.

control panel
    printers
    click your printer ( i have 3 you may have 1 just click the one you want to print)
    click printing preferences
    page set up
    poster printing
    specify

then toggle on the following:

all
    print cut/paste lines
    divided into is up to the number of pieces you want…take 16

My home printer doesn’t have a “page set up” tab or area. Looks like it might be a printer specific option. :(

• My home printer doesn’t have a “page set up” tab or area.

What is the model #/make of your computer? what is the operating system?

Your computer ( not printer) must have these options

• This is a link to a TripleA screenshot with relieftiles from Ils AA50 map, it’s too big for imageshack.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1915777

• @Imperious:

My home printer doesn’t have a “page set up” tab or area.

What is the model #/make of your computer? what is the operating system?

Your computer ( not printer) must have these options

My home computer is built by parts, do it doesn’t have a make/model. My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit, my work uses WinXP. I’ll check for those options at work on Monday.

• @Subotai:

So what about this map?

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/687/aa503ih9.png

Very nice. How big does it print out and why is there a chart floating in the Atlantic. :)

• My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit

yes use this. It has the options you need.

• @Imperious:

My home computer uses Vista premium 64-bit

yes use this. It has the options you need.

Where? Here’s a screenshot of my Printer Preferences:

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome back TG Moses IV! It’s been a long time. 2.5 years ago you posted twice. Before that it was 2003. Glad to see that you’re active again.

@TG:

Bierwagen,

Lovely map, loveliest map I’ve ever seen.  It definitely has that war room feel to it.  That board would feel right at home at SHAFE Headqarters with Eisenhower and the rest of his staff.  All you need now is a prodding stick.

• http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000000/000096/faq000096_003.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5050_all&Cat=9

Title:
    I want to change the paper tray and paper size settings. How do I change these things?
    Description:

You can change the paper tray and paper size settings at Printer Driver.

Follow the procedure below to choose the Paper Tray and Paper Size setting in the printer driver.

Open the printer folder.

Right click on the printer name icon (i.e Brother HL-5040 series) and select the “Print Setting” from the Menu.

Open the “Basic” tab.
      4. At “Paper Size” section(1), you can select the paper size.  At “Paper Source” section(2), you can select the Paper Tray you want to feed the paper from.

I think your printer is not meant for anything other than basic business forms. I only use Canon printers because they make the best pictures and the ink is cheapest per sheet of paper printed. I worked with a Brother Lazer printer before and they just are good for printing lots of garbage at poor quality. The toner needs to be replaced real quick and they trick you with the cheap unit, but you end up forking out for the drum and toner and surrfer with bad quality.

Let me know what other printers you got.

If worse comes to worse… buy a printer Canon i900 series or greater and print off your stuff and then return it after a couple of days for a refund. Make sure you know the policy before you buy, but it should be okay at best buy or whatever.

• djensen,

It’s good to see you old friend.  :wink:
    Are you still living in San Fransisco?  Does your gaming group still have regular sessions of A&A?  Maybe we can play on the wharf sometime.

• Maybe we can play on the wharf sometime.

LOL! Where on the wharf could you play? Perhaps in that sourdough bread factory or by the blokes who chop up the crabs and make crab sandwiches?

Mechanics Institute on Post st.? I used to play Chess there a long time ago.

• Sure, we can play on the benches overlooking seal bay, while enjoying breadbowls of chowder.  Priceless.  :-D

I’ve always wanted to play a wargame at the Presidio, maybe near the old army barracks.  The place is tranquil too.

Speaking of which, where do you live Imperious Leader?

• Imperious Leader,

Your map is brilliant. Many thanks for your hard work.

I was wondering if you will allow me to post your “AA50PlayersAid.PNG” on another forum?
    http://www.cndkc.net/bbs/forum-35-1.html
    I translated AA50 rulebook into simplified chinese, and a map will be very helpful to local AA fans.

If your answer is yes, then how would you like me to state the original author? Something like “Imperious Leader from AxisAndAiiles.org”?

Best wishes,

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m