• We got on this subject at work today.

• I chose Braveheart, because the way I see it, if you’re DESTINED to die for a cause, I’d rather it be the liberation of an entire country, not just avenging my own family.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d rather be Jeanne de Arc pre-burning at the stake, honestly.

• Id prefer to be Kaiser Wilhelm II, so i could enjoy france fall at least once and possibly twice in 30 years.

Second Choice is Von Manstein.

But if your just dealing with fictional characters, Id like to be Sgt. Saunders from Combat!

Well, I only wanted a 3rd choice because both the ones listed are men.  Ick!  Who would willingly WANT to be a guy???

• What about Teddy Roosevelt?

• I’d rather of been Hitler and let the Jews go.

Then retract my army from France, North Africa, Poland and any other nation that is under German occupation. :wink:

• Then retract my army from France, North Africa, Poland and any other nation that is under German occupation.

oh boy that would invite Stalin to invade Germany. You need those colonies to support the war economy.

I would have spent the year ( june 1940-41)  going after UK and send an army to Africa and take Persia with Russia and carve up all of UK with Stalin.

Stalin would have been over extended and i would invade him in 1943 when Italy was ready. Turkey would have joined my side because Stalin would surround them and they hated Russians.

• @Cmdr:

Well, I only wanted a 3rd choice because both the ones listed are men.  Ick!  Who would willingly WANT to be a guy???

Me!!!

• @Cmdr:

Well she might be thinking that aprox. 93% of workplace fatalities happen to men, men have a shorter by 5 years or more life expectancy, make up the majority of the homeless, are the majority of suicides, and get longer prison sentences for the same crimes. She might be thinking that men don’t really have all that patriarchal privilege women’s studies classes claim.

@frimmel:

@Cmdr:

Well she might be thinking that aprox. 93% of workplace fatalities happen to men, men have a shorter by 5 years or more life expectancy, make up the majority of the homeless, are the majority of suicides, and get longer prison sentences for the same crimes. She might be thinking that men don’t really have all that patriarchal privilege women’s studies classes claim.

Or maybe I just wanted to make a statement about how sexist the poll was not to even mention a woman. :P

• Let not let political correction dictate this wonderful site.

I had no inventions of sexism by my poll.

uh-huh.  I still think it’s sexist not to include Jeanne de Arc or even better, Helena of Troy. :P

• If i had to be a women, id be Anne Hathaway so i can see what i look like naked. :-D

• C’mon now, the guy’s opening comment was to point out that the subject got started at work, so it isn’t fair to put all the blame on AB…  :-P

• I picked Maximus because I’m a wuss. William Wallace’s real life death was much more horrid than what was depicted in the movie. Being castrated and drug over cobble stones for three miles on your way to the torture session is a bad way to go. Getting stabbed and cut but still killing your enemy before you die seems a little easier to me.

• @Imperious:

If i had to be a women, id be Anne Hathaway so i can see what i look like naked. :-D

I’m applauding you for that.

And in case that happens…well, you’ve got my email.  :wink:

GIS Anne Hathaway is your friend.  Or you could watch Brokeback Mountain.  FYI.

• WOW, I honestly did not know that ol’ Braveheart went out like that…

I just voted as I did because his cause seems more noble.  I guess that’s how it goes with martyrs.  I mean, Jesus Christ didn’t exactly have an enviable death either, but his cause was the salvation of the entire human race. (if you believe in that sort of thing)

• @Smacktard:

@frimmel:

@Cmdr:

Hmm, I’m guessing that was all true before 1920. Women sure had it easy! What were those suffragettes bitching about, anyway? Right to vote? Overrated! Am I right?

Also, women live 3 years longer than men in Iran. http://fathersforlife.org/health/lifeexpw.htm
    And I bet they have fewer workplace accidents too! But that’s offset by the enormous power women have in Iran. Oh wait. I’m thinking of America, where we routinely elect women presidents, senators, governors, and congresswomen, hire women CEO’s, and appoint women judges. Oh wait, that doesn’t happen either.

I can back up my claim on the workplace fatalities.

In 2007:

5,488 total fatalities. 5,071 male fatalities. 5,071 is 92.4% of 5,488. So I guess you got me. It isn’t 93%.

5,840 total. 5,396 to men for 92.4%.

5,734 total. 5,328 to men for 92.9%

All data available here: http://stats.bls.gov/iif/oshcfoi1.htm#rates

And you backed up my claim on life expectancies with your link. Did you read it first? Or maybe you thought that I wouldn’t?

Your link gives the averages. It is greater in developed nations 6.19 and 5.09 for all nations. Note the difference in Russia of 12.89 years. Those are the facts you use to show someone’s claim is wrong? Data that backs your opponent up?

• @Smacktard:

I’m thinking of America, where we routinely elect women presidents, senators, governors, and congresswomen, hire women CEO’s, and appoint women judges. Oh wait, that doesn’t happen either…

There are women judges.

http://www.nawj.org/us_state_court_statistics_2009.asp

You know I found a woman in congress to.

http://womenincongress.house.gov/data/wic-by-congress.html?cong=110

http://womenincongress.house.gov/speaker.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m