• This just in from the Smorey swamp (they handle A&A tournies at Origins and Gen Con.)

Now, as for GEN CON, it is just over 5 weeks away so, start planning now if you are thinking about going and/or if you already have not done so.  New this year at GEN CON…

…Larry Harris will be at GEN CON and will have a table at the our AA HQ for Demo’s and signings at times throughout the CON…I am also told that AA Deluxe will be unveiled at GCI as well.

There is more to the list but that is the part that I found particularly interesting. Hopefully this is a scoop on Funagain games.

:| Or is this old news. I suddenly remember Yoper and IL having a discussion?  :|

• @Craig:

Greg had talked about this happening but his latest email is an actual confirmation that Larry will be at GCI with the Anniversary game.

Wish I could go. :-(

Craig

Ahhh… so it was a rumor but this morning’s Origins update from Greg makes it – Greg has been told from sources he considers reliable.

Neat.

• Larry will be there and somebody MUST take a million pictures of the new game and post. This is our only chance to finally see whats going on.

Consider it of highest importance… Remember anybody going just take hundreds of pictures. I cant stand the Berlin wall treatment on AH games. We wont get sh** till like a week before the big jumpoff and that would suck.

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

I cant stand the Berlin wall treatment on AH games. We wont get sh** till like a week before the big jumpoff and that would suck.

They have to keep it secret, IL.  If they didn’t, you’d be publishing variants before the game ever even hit the shelves!  :wink:

• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

I cant stand the Berlin wall treatment on AH games. We wont get sh** till like a week before the big jumpoff and that would suck.

They have to keep it secret, IL.  If they didn’t, you’d be publishing variants before the game ever even hit the shelves!   :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

They have to keep it secret, IL.  If they didn’t, you’d be publishing variants before the game ever even hit the shelves!   :wink:

Thanks for the chuckle….
    +1 Karma

• @Imperious:

Larry will be there and somebody MUST take a million pictures of the new game and post. This is our only chance to finally see whats going on.

Consider it of highest importance… Remember anybody going just take hundreds of pictures. I cant stand the Berlin wall treatment on AH games. We wont get sh** till like a week before the big jumpoff and that would suck.

I think that IL idea is not to know all the details about the map, the units and the rules… and I agree with him!
    We only want to know something from the main source: AH.
    Telling us something is not so difficult. They have a web site and they may place there some information. They may even get feedbeck from us if they want!

So … IL karma + 1 for you!

P.S. I like Imperiuos Leader variants… :)

• Romulus, I happen to agree with IL that AH is a bit too tight lipped.

However that doesn’t make Krieghund’s remark less funny.  :-)

• I’m sure Smorey will have some info on it.

At worst I personally promise to take a pic for you IL.

• At worst I personally promise to take a pic for you IL.

As i write this a tear from my eye weeps from happiness and your gratuitous offer. :cry:

Comrade please do this. It is our greatest cause to date. If not us then who else will get the word out?

I have no intention of variant making. I didn’t make anything for Guadalcanal. I promise to not do anything unless its obvious after Oct 23 that something has gone terribly wrong. :-o

Besides what are a few fuzzy pictures gonna do but give up some small glimpse of what i spent $300.00 on 2 months ago on the pre-order thing. :mrgreen:

• '11

I’m going to GenCon as well. I’ll also see if I can take some pictures for posting. However, I have to invest in a new digital camera before going out, mine is too unreliable.

• you buy one at costco and return it after the event.

free rental for 6 months

• @Imperious:

you buy one at costco and return it after the event.

free rental for 6 months

you got an answer to everything, pretty amazing  :-o

• '11

I’d be happy to get one at Costco Imperious, just as soon as you ship me the cash for it. As I’ve already spent enough on air fare with hotel, not even including spending cash for the event. I think a disposable camera at this point would be more cost effective, as I don’t really have a big need for a digital right now. So many expenses. And yes, I.L. answers all.

• Ok then disposable camera will do. I pledge to award you with half of what you paid by pay pal. Make sure you take decent pictures and the PIECES….especially Italian , Chinese and any other new pieces. Take pictures of map in sections: Europe, Middle east, Africa, Pacific.

But you know using a credit card would not require any cost to you, because in a week your just returning the camera and your card is refunded. If i knew you better Id ship you a decent camera.

Just pretend your on the Titanic and you know whats going to happen, you will find a creative answer to solve the problem if you view things this way… you will make it happen.

• Wow,

My name was kicked around a bit early in this thread so I thought it appropriate to respond…and for those that would like to trash talk rumors, yes, it is true.  Larry will be at the AA HQ at GEN CON with a least one edition of the game, demoing, etc.  I will also have a few games to give away as prizes but I do NOT believe I will be able to give them at the CON.  They will be mailed personally by WotC/AH to those recieving the game.

SO, if you guys have any vacation left, use it to go to GEN CON…it is worth the penny.  Especially on the AA front.

Peace,
    GS
    http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/smoreyswamp.html

• Well, you are near the top of the list as regards to ‘reliable sources.’

Will you take lots of pics and post them on the swamp?

• Post them here so everybody can see them.

Remember im the guy who started getting people to turn into the paparazzi for our common benefit.

• one more + to you IL

• 2007 AAR League

So, only two days left now (right?). Who will be the first to post pics of the game  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m