• Founder TripleA Admin

This will be a locked thread listing out various changes and improvements made to the forum as they happen. Some of the items will mirror the migration todo list but others will be independent.

This is something I should have started from the beginning but since I didn’t, this will only include changes approximately since the writing of this post.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Saturday, November 24, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Set the servers to automatically restart if they crash (Done a few days ago).

:ballot_box_with_check: Re-arranged the forum categories. (Done a few days ago).

:ballot_box_with_check: Added the “Watched Topics” to the navigation bar. This is the same as using “Recent” topics with the filter but this is one click instead of two.

:ballot_box_with_check: Turned on link previews.

• Unfortunately this is a paid service and it could cost $99 - $250 /month.
    • There is an open source server we can run to do this but that will take time.
  • Founder TripleA Admin

Sunday, November 25, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Updated the email template headers. Still needs a little work but I think they look good so far.

:ballot_box_with_check: Manually uploaded a few missing avatars.

:ballot_box_with_check: Deleted a ton of old spam from 7 years ago. (WIP)

:ballot_box_with_check: Reported issue about checkbox formatting

:ballot_box_with_check: Started consolidating the Patron Support threads

• Monday, November 26, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Tagged all topics containing forum related Tips&Tricks and added a link to the Welcome-thread

• Founder TripleA Admin

Monday, November 26, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Filed a few bugs with NodeBB.

:ballot_box_with_check: Tuned OS settings for better performance on database server.

:ballot_box_with_check: Moved mongodb data to external XFS volume.

• Volumes are highly redundant (think always backed up)
    • Volumes make snapshot backups easier (one click)
    • The database prefers the XFS filesystem for performance.

:ballot_box_with_check: Set play-by-forum categories to “Ignore” for all users.

:ballot_box_with_check: Tried to figure out why the digest email did not get sent

:ballot_box_with_check: Discovered that Ignored Categories never show up on the Filters

:ballot_box_with_check: Added a Navbar item (looks like a video game controller) to view all of your watched games.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Tried to figure out why digest email is not getting set

:ballot_box_with_check: Enabled Facebook login

:ballot_box_with_check: Enabled Twitter login

• Founder TripleA Admin

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Added the Sponsor badge to our sponsors

:ballot_box_with_check: Added signature permission for Sponsors and me (as a test, we all should know I don’t like signatures)

:ballot_box_with_check: Looked at the analytics, traffic to the forums is up 30%

• Founder TripleA Admin

Friday, November 30, 2018

:ballot_box_with_check: Upgraded to NodeBB v.1.11.0

:ballot_box_with_check: Debugged issues with online vs. invisible status

:ballot_box_with_check: Debugged issues with search

:ballot_box_with_check: Reported bugs in NodeBB 1.11.0

:ballot_box_with_check: Reconcilled patron badges

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m