• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Djensen, moderators, A&A.org community, I think it would be very useful to have a new forum topic called: Live Game Reports.

As may of you know, I, and others, have tried to engage the community in live games in progress by posting on the forum.  But there is no designated topic for such posts.  The last live game I posted I put in the “News” topic, but it was moved to “Team Games.”  I am not complaining about that, but I think a designated forum topic for live ongoing games would be fun.  People could post pictures, comment as the game progressed and get updates.

I don’t think the current forum topic organization would accomodate live games since all, or almost all, games under the “Play by Forum” or “Play Boardgames” sub-topic are PBEM/Triple a.  Further, the headings “Play by Forum” and “Play Boardgames” are misleading to the extent that viewers wouldn’t be going there to follow a live game, but to actually play a game online.

I recommend that a “Live Game Reports” topic be put either in the “General” section or have its own single topic forum section above or below the “Play by Forum” section heading.

Thanks

Karl

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

We should have a form or template for presenting live games.  Or some type of tool or plug-in to make it more interactive.

Haha a live feed for next game Karl?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

What about doing live games by gotomeeting?  It is software for doing meetings online with audio, video, and shared desktop.  The players would join the live gotomeeting game, and they could talk and see each other while playing the game on triplea. After each turn the player would post to the forum as usual, then the next player would download and  open the map, with everyone able to see it on their desktop as they make their move. The players on a team could chat privately using their phones, email, etc. We use gotomeeting at my work all the time and it is ideal for this.

There is a 14 day free trial at www.gotomeeting.com if anyone is interested in trying it out.

@variance:

What about doing live games by gotomeeting?  It is software for doing meetings online with audio, video, and shared desktop.  The players would join the live gotomeeting game, and they could talk and see each other while playing the game on triplea. After each turn the player would post to the forum as usual, then the next player would download and  open the map, with everyone able to see it on their desktop as they make their move. The players on a team could chat privately using their phones, email, etc. We use gotomeeting at my work all the time and it is ideal for this.

There is a 14 day free trial at www.gotomeeting.com if anyone is interested in trying it out.

That could be fun, but how would you tip people off here if there wasn’t a designated forum topics to live games?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

well, yeah you would need a forum for it.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The need is not just for “live” games. There are also after action reports; we played this and this is what happened. Although, after action reports might belong in the respective game forum.

How many live games are going on?

@djensen:

The need is not just for “live” games. There are also after action reports; we played this and this is what happened. Although, after action reports might belong in the respective game forum.

How many live games are going on?

Good question!  Not sure.  My SF group, which includes Variable, usually get’s in about a game a month or more.  I bet if you put up the section it would get at least some traffic at first and then pickup speed once it started to get out there was a place here for live games/after action reports.

So, maybe the new section should be:  Live games/After Action Reports.

Or:  Live Games and After Action Reports

I think it would make sense to have both in one thread.

A lot of players post videos of their games on Youtube, so they could post a link to the video on the new forum section.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Aside: where in SF do you meet?

@djensen:

Aside: where in SF do you meet?

Often at my place in Oakland/Grand Lake district.  I am up the hill from the restaurant Camino on Grand, if that rings a bell.  I’ve got a good large dining room and table that can easily fit Global 40.

Otherwise we play at whoever can host, which ends up being all over the Bay Area.

Next game we get going, I’ll shoot you an email. You in the city?

But anyhow, yeah, a new topic Live/Game reports would be great!  :-)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

David - I will come down for a game if you are going to play at Karls!

We can make it the first live feed at aa.org?!?

@Gargantua:

Winner gets new copy of AA50!  :mrgreen:

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

That would be cool!

• Speaking of new forums, it might be nice to have a second board in the Global War section.  That way there would be one for GW 1st ed. and one for GW1936-1945 2nd ed.  That would a lot in thread discussions and content where I have seen people get confused as to which edition and rule set is being discussed.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Gargantua:

Let’s pick a weekend to do this. Maybe we can evolve this, over time, into an A&A.org convention. :wink:

We could play Anniversary edition on my friend’s giant map using A&A minis pieces.

• @Andy6049:

Speaking of new forums, it might be nice to have a second board in the Global War section.  That way there would be one for GW 1st ed. and one for GW1936-1945 2nd ed.  That would a lot in thread discussions and content where I have seen people get confused as to which edition and rule set is being discussed.

No need. Just go to HBG site for 36-45 questions and discussions. That’s what they want you to do.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

@djensen:

@Gargantua:

Let’s pick a weekend to do this. Maybe we can evolve this, over time, into an A&A.org convention. :wink:

We could play Anniversary edition on my friend’s giant map using A&A minis pieces.

Yes, let’s!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m