Cliffside Bunker Battle Dice (UPDATED)

• Sponsor

Hey Everyone,

We are making all Cliffside Bunker battle dice configurations the same as regular 6 sided dice, this is very important in order to really legitimize these dice during competitive games.

thumbnail_Black Configuration 1.jpg

• Sponsor

Green = 2

thumbnail_Green Configuration 2.jpg

• Sponsor

Blue = 3

thumbnail_Blue Configuration 3.jpg

• Sponsor

Red = 4

thumbnail_Red Configuration 4.jpg

• Can you do rounded edges, reason is we got a bunch of dice floppers that are keen on getting the result they want by hardly rolling the thing, especially a kid called “call shot kid” because he can roll whatever he wants and calls it. The rounded dice will keep him honest.

PLEASE ROUNDED DICE

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

Can you do rounded edges, reason is we got a bunch of dice floppers that are keen on getting the result they want by hardly rolling the thing, especially a kid called “call shot kid” because he can roll whatever he wants and calls it. The rounded dice will keep him honest.

PLEASE ROUNDED DICE

Yes… they will be rounded dice, just like the dice that come with all Axis & Allies games.

• Sponsor

BATTLE DICE UPDATE: SAMPLES ARE ON THEIR WAY… PICTURE OF SAMPLES ATTACHED!

IMG_0355.JPG

• so on my battle board I could just put a color dot on the 1 thru 4 to match the dice?  are you (YG) going to do the bunker battle boards like that or are you going to print out special ones? just wondering cause your stuff tends to be cool and very functional to game play.

• Sponsor

@FOWHEAD:

�  so on my battle board I could just put a color dot on the 1 thru 4 to match the dice?�  are you (YG) going to do the bunker battle boards like that or are you going to print out special ones? just wondering cause your stuff tends to be cool and very functional to game play.

We are most definitely working on a battle board for these dice, HBG is designing it and will be available through them just like the dice will be available through HBG… Although, the colored stickers on your existing battle board is a smart idea.

• They look etched into the dice.
    Won’t that throw off the balance?
    The unetched sides will be slightly heavier now.
    Otherwise, great idea.

• @robert:

They look etched into the dice.
    Otherwise, great idea.

By that argument, rolling a 1 on a normal die is more likely than rolling a 6.

• Those look AWESOME! I am definitely in the market to by a set or two….

Quick Question: Will you also offer a 5-hit die for the Jet-Power tech in the 2nd Edition game?

• Sponsor

@C_Strabala:

Those look AWESOME! I am definitely in the market to by a set or two….

Quick Question: Will you also offer a 5-hit die for the Jet-Power tech in the 2nd Edition game?

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to gamble on a 5th type of dice, we have to order 30,000 just to get the retail cost down to something reasonable. Maybe if we sell out and need a second run, we might look into it… but for now, you will need the regular dice for your jet fighters attacking at 5 or less.

• Sponsor

@robert:

They look etched into the dice.
    Otherwise, great idea.

They are etched, just like pips on regular dice are etched… any other option besides etched is poor quality in my opinion.

• '14

@Young:

@C_Strabala:

Those look AWESOME! I am definitely in the market to by a set or two….

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to gamble on a 5th type of dice, we have to order 30,000 just to get the retail cost down to something reasonable. Maybe if we sell out and need a second run, we might look into it… but for now, you will need the regular dice for your jet fighters attacking at 5 or less.

If it really is a problem, grab a siler sharpie and put a dot on the 5 spot. If you dont like it in the end, it comes off with and alcohol wipe.

• Or you can use the 1 die and say that misses are actually hits.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Or you can use the 1 die and say that misses are actually hits.

{Samuel L Jackson voice} Look at the big brain on BradCalvinhobbesliker…{/Samuel L Jackson voice}

-Midnight_Reaper

• Sponsor

@Midnight_Reaper:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Or you can use the 1 die and say that misses are actually hits.

{Samuel L Jackson voice} Look at the big brain on BradCalvinhobbesliker…{/Samuel L Jackson voice}

-Midnight_Reaper

I say that quote all the time… (LOL)

• Actually, if you look at proper dice, the “1 pip/dot” is drilled deeper than the “six pips/dots” so that all have the same amount of material removed.
    If you look at “chinese” dice, they have a larger “1 pip/dot” to offset the “6 pips/dots”
    The weight difference may be minimal, but it does affect the results.

This will be apparent when “lightly” rolling dice as compared to a more aggressive fling.

This is why serious gamers use backgammon or vegas quality dice. It ensures a proper randomness in rolls.

• @robert:

Actually, if you look at proper dice, the “1 pip/dot” is drilled deeper than the “six pips/dots” so that all have the same amount of material removed.
    If you look at “chinese” dice, they have a larger “1 pip/dot” to offset the “6 pips/dots”
    The weight difference may be minimal, but it does affect the results.

This will be apparent when “lightly” rolling dice as compared to a more aggressive fling.

This is why serious gamers use backgammon or vegas quality dice. It ensures a proper randomness in rolls.

I don’t think normal dice (such as regular A&A dice) have a 1 pip that’s 6 times as deep as each of the 6 pips.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m