• I know what you are saying IL. I find out more about the game surfing the internet at funagain and stumbling onto these pictures then going to Avalonhill everyday.

I just attached the link to one of the other threads. Didn’t see this

• I know what you are saying IL. I find out more about the game surfing the internet at funagain and stumbling onto these pictures then going to Avalonhill everyday.

Thats the point i just made too. I find it fascinating that a company that stands to sell a few games is more interested in publishing information than the actual company that makes the game. Avalon Hill is the worst run company i have ever seen in my life. They have no idea what they are doing. I would expect to find out first from the publisher but in AH’s case its always the last to do this.

• You are too kind, IL, too kind. I dont give a kiss for where I first read about a game, I wont get it in Norway before november anyway. All I consern about is a game that is not short of plastic, sir.

• Don’t worry. ill bet its short one of these new cruisers or short something… It wouldn’t be Avalon Hill if it wasn’t short something.

Funny how when they give us extras its always like 30 extra infantry, 2 extra tanks and 15 extra planes and short 2 infantry… when it should be basically 5 extra of each type across the board. The guy who counts these things must love to sabotage games. I bet hes laughing inside when they give him the responsibility on deciding what pieces to include knowing  how much mischievous results he can control.

• I dont think its on purpose, IL.

Remember the game is made in China, and there may be language issues. Like “count twelve pieces” in english are translated to " pick five pieces" in chinese.

Like in Norway we have this joke about an Italian going vacation in US
    “I go to restaurant, I order to piss of pizza, I only got one, I say to waitress - I wanna to piss. She say - Go to toilett. I say - No you no understand, I wanna to piss on table. She say - You better not piss on table you sonna ma btch. So I eat the one piss of pizza, but I only got knife and spoon, no fock. So I tell the waitress, I wanna fock. -Everybody wanna fock, she say. I say - You no understand, I wanna fock on the table. She say - You better not fock on the table, you sonna ma btch. So I go to hotel-room, but there are no sh it in the bed. So I call waitress and say I wanna sh it. She say - Go to toilet. No, I say, you no understand, I wanna sh it in bed. She say, - You better not sh it in bed, you sonna ma btch. So I go home to Italia. In airfield man say -Peace to you. I say - Piss to you, too, sonna ma btch, and wave goodbye”

lol, funny joke  :-D

• So there is no word out of Origins on Guadalcanal?  :?

• Not unless its another Funagain worldwide promotional release. They are the only official promoter of this game and Avalon hill has apparently no concerns about giving them information but not making this known about it on behalf of its own customers.

• Well maybe they think they can count on us to spread the word?  :roll:

I guess the big roll out isn’t until GenCon. Still you’d think they would throw us a bone. But I guess we did get one with what classes the cruisers will be from Larry.  :|

• I still hope this game will come with nation specific cruisers for Germany, Britain and USSR too, and trucks for Britain, USSR and Japan, so I can use this new pieces in my Revised game. That would be cool, odd and surrealistic yes, but still very cool.

Yeah that would be nice but you know it won’t happen

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Imperious:

Not unless its another Funagain worldwide promotional release. They are the only official promoter of this game and Avalon hill has apparently no concerns about giving them information but not making this known about it on behalf of its own customers.

The regular Avalon Hill PR person is out on sabbatical. I tried to contact the replacement but no luck so far.

• I tried to contact the replacement but no luck so far.

I’m sure he’s working at funagain full time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m