Rules clarification on captureing major industrial complexes.

• I’ve been watching a lot of videos on rules and strategy recently and I’m unclear about the rules on captureing major industrial complexes. Does Germany get to capture and hold the major industry in france even though it’s not in its original territory? does it become a minor?
    I’ve seen this mentioned in several videos but can’t seem to find much reference in the rulebooks to back it up.

• @clifford Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

This is indeed explicitly stated in the rulebooks, see

Page 20, Europe 1940.2:

“Any industrial complex, air base, and/or naval base
    located in the captured territory is now controlled by your
    side (see “Liberating a Territory,” on the next page). If
    you capture an industrial complex, you can’t mobilize
    new units there until your next turn. If you capture a
    major industrial complex, it is immediately downgraded
    to a minor one.
    If you capture an air base or naval base,
    you can’t use the added flight or sea movement or receive
    repairs until your next turn.”

HTH :slightly_smiling_face:

PS
    I have moved your questions to the appropriate forum category, as we have dedicated categories for every edition.

• Another page also mentions that if you liberate France for example the French have to pay 20 IPCs if they want to get a major complex

It does not automatically go back to a major

• @tincanofthesea True, but the only reason to liberate France is to keep the Axis from winning because Germany killed Egypt and London on the same turn. Otherwise, you are better off keeping the Normandy and Southern France ICs for the US/UK until Germany is occupied.

(Assuming, of course, that Germany was silly enough to actually invade Normandy and give you the Normandy IC.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m