JDOW vs JWW/666 Allies+6 Game 2

• '15 '14

Hi Jim,

after you got the dice you needed at the first coinflip battle at Java (which was the right choice to take) you gave the advantage away in 2 steps.

1. In the very first moment after the Java dice by retreating and not finishing Japan off. I would have: killed all remaining Japanese planes and take Java, take Borneo and Sumatra with Anzac, take India back with full force and move all fleet to sz37. Japan only had 2 TTs in range and I believe that would have overloaded the weakened Japan significantly. It would have been tough to recover from that.

2. The second key moment was when you retreated with the Russians back to Tambov instead of squeezing the Germans at Caucasus. I would have had moved the Russians to Volgograd and all US/UK to NWP. The Germans would have escaped as they were all fast movers but I would have lost Cauc and the money and this would have brought Germany into a tough position.

After I knew I will hold Cauc “forever” I was confident I was winning again.

If you want, we can switch sides now. I would want a bid of 8 to feel confident to give Axis away like in the first game. Would this be ok for you?

• @JDOW said in JDOW vs JWW/666 Allies+6 Game 2:

Hi Jim,

after you got the dice you needed at the first coinflip battle at Java (which was the right choice to take) you gave the advantage away in 2 steps.

1. In the very first moment after the Java dice by retreating and not finishing Japan off. I would have: killed all remaining Japanese planes and take Java, take Borneo and Sumatra with Anzac, take India back with full force and move all fleet to sz37. Japan only had 2 TTs in range and I believe that would have overloaded the weakened Japan significantly. It would have been tough to recover from that.

2. The second key moment was when you retreated with the Russians back to Tambov instead of squeezing the Germans at Caucasus. I would have had moved the Russians to Volgograd and all US/UK to NWP. The Germans would have escaped as they were all fast movers but I would have lost Cauc and the money and this would have brought Germany into a tough position.

After I knew I will hold Cauc “forever” I was confident I was winning again.

If you want, we can switch sides now. I would want a bid of 8 to feel confident to give Axis away like in the first game. Would this be ok for you?

Yeah, I had a tough time deciding which way to go with z37 & Java, and I think, I tend to be conservative, and thought the IPC swing victory would be enough, in retrospect, due to your smart play, and purchases, that naval victory didn’t amount to any advantage for the allies.

And yes, your, ability to keep ITA and add Jpn units to CAU, allowing for a mech/arm breakout worried me…against most opponents I would have pressed against the germans in CAU but I was worried, initially that you would break out and create havoc…

I also struggled with and almost went after Normandy in strength, I could have knocked out your stack and taken it with the Uk versus floating to the middle east. I think I would have been better served by attacking the flank of germany/europe…

I still have lots to learn obviously…where do you want your 8 bid?

• '15 '14

I take marine India and inf NG.

• '15 '14

btw, please make sure the Marine is UK and not UK Pac.

• '15 '14

Let‘s go:-)

Let‘s go:-)

should I be worried that you are so anxious? I typically don’t play on the weekend, family time…

• '15 '14

No prob.

I am confused though: What does “being pushy to continue” have to do with anxiety?

I take marine India and inf NG.

in the past, bid placement was only allowed where there was an existing unit?

No prob.

I am confused though: What does “being pushy to continue” have to do with anxiety?

anxious to continue is the same as being pushy to continue or excited to start and kick my ass

• '15 '14

ok, ic re anxious.

regarding inf NG. This got somehow accepted as a standard bit. But you are right regarding the rules.
    If you’d like to stick to the rules put the info to Kweichow instead, up to you.

ok, ic re anxious.

regarding inf NG. This got somehow accepted as a standard bit. But you are right regarding the rules.
    If you’d like to stick to the rules put the info to Kweichow instead, up to you.

I am right regarding a rule, there is a first time for everything…you will have to waste a tranny like the rest of us in NG

• '15 '14

so be it, the Chinese guerrillas eagerly awaiting their new brothers!

• @JDOW okay, tomorrow in my morning. I will do my best to give you a good game and I appreciate the lessons, obe-one

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m