Not able to download game thread

• '19

Hi All,

This is what I have when I try to download file.

Jun 28, 2019 6:58:42 PM games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel load
    SEVERE: Error loading game file: C:\Users\Dominic\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\triplea_33608_ger2 (7).tsvg, Not in GZIP format
    java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameDataManager.loadGame(GameDataManager.java:75)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameDataManager.loadGame(GameDataManager.java:58)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.load(GameSelectorModel.java:81)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.loadGame(GameRunner.java:293)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.showMainFrame(GameRunner.java:277)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thank you.

• '19

@Panther please help me!!

• @Sovietishcat

I don’t think there is anything wrong on your side.

This is something strange:

I went to the game thread and topic where you got the savegame from and downloaded the respective file from here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1294516

When I loaded this file I got a similar error message.

After that I loaded the prior savegame from here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1294506

When I loaded this file I did not get any error message.

After that I loaded the latest savegame (that caused the error message) again.
    This time it loaded without any error.

Please try it the same way and report what happens.

I will mention @redrum here, to maybe comment on this occurence.

• '19

@Panther I did the same sequence as you did and it did not work, I am able to open the last save but that’s it. When you say it’s nothing wrong on my side; do you think it is weddindsinser’s file that is the issue?

• '19

@Panther I tried with a different computer and it worked, so I let you know if it happens again.

• @Sovietishcat
    I suppose it is a more or less arbitrary occurence, maybe related to that savegame, indeed.
    I have been able to reproduce the error only once, so hard to say what is behind it …

• TripleA

I dunno. I downloaded the save before you posted the error and worked fine for me. My guess would have to be either the download of the save game from the forum was funky and the file was incomplete.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m