• Here’s the game on turn 8 with Japan going next. Moscow defended well after Germany went for the kill. Allies now are pounding Paris with combined attacks. Japan pretty much set for last 3 turns for them. Game only goes 10 turns and Axis need to hold 15 victory city’s at end of turn 10. So it will come down to Germany holding Paris, Leningrad and Stalingrad for 2 more turns to win game without taking Moscow.

Tech chart shows how many techs are in game so far. This test for tech is working out very good.

image2(5).png

• Here’ s the maps. Axis has 15 victory city’s now. Next game we will test the Victory City point system.

Italy not on map do to a spill of water on map. Off to side for cleanup.

image3(1).png
    image1(8).png

• @Baron:

@SS:

PTO Allies
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    2 L. A.
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta�

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo
    2 Shanghai
    1 Peking
    1 Changkhun
    1 Saigon

ATO Allies
    3 Moscow
    3 London
    3 Washington
    2 Lengingrad
    2 Stalingrad

1 Cairo
    1 Johannsburg

ATO Axis
    3 Berlin
    3 Rome
    2 Paris
    1 Oslo
    1 Milan
    1 Warsaw

Calcutta only worth 1. Want Japan to hold more of there city’s and still win the game without taking Calcutta every dam game. Also might make Japan go after Hawaii or Sydney more and sending less to Calcutta.

Here is a few combinations to make an Axis win without Center Crush on Russia:
    19 points + 4 ETO + 5 PTO = 28 PTs
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    or
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta

or 6 pts PTOs:
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney

and 3 pts amongst :
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

Seems more easily able to grab more PTO VCs than ETOs.
    So Japan might have do the work to releave Germany from trying to get these 6 points + 19 = 25 points:
    3 Moscow
    2 Lengingrad
    1 Stalingrad

Here, I’m not sure if that works because technically a German KO on Russia means game over. But still 3 points short of winning.
    So, no matter the number of VC pts on PTO, it will be irrelevant. Unless Allies KJF is pushing hard toward Japan.

Don’t be shy on report. I will read it.

The actual Redesign VCs 40 list for G40 and 30 VCs list for 1942.2 is in part inspired by this one.

We added a few VCs within grasp of Germany to increase an Axis Victory.
    We didn’t set the number of VCs (1 point each) required per Theater or Globally.
    I suggested that this given number be kept at the end of the next game round to call the winning side.

Baron. I made Stalingrad worth 2 points. I removed Ottawa. Drop the axis to starting with 19 points and need 8 to win = 27 points. Allies start with 24 and need 6 to win =  30 points.

Whats your thoughts on this and do you have any tweaks if need be. Playing test game Saturday at noon.

• '17 '16

Numbers are not clear and easy to remember. I would have rise Axis to 20 points.
    So, it needs 28 pts vs 30 pts.

Even more, maybe it is possible to reach 22 pts for Axis?
    That way, the game becomes the first to reach 30 points.
    Like making Ploesti oil field (Bucharest) Hungary-Romania 3 points.
    Or, make it 2 pts (Ploesti is Romania, precisely) and add Truk in Carolines Island 1 point to reach 22 points.

I agree that Ottawa is too much out of reach for Axis.

Have a nice and funny game.

• I need this to work with the victory city’s I have on list. That is what I’m going for.

• '17 '16

@SS:

I need this to work with the victory city’s I have on list. That is what I’m going for.

OK, then maybe increase to 20 for Axis.
    For instance, makes Paris worth 3 points.

To rise to 22 points, maybe increase Saigon and Peking by one point?

Just a way to make the magic number for Victory as similar as possible for both Axis or Allies.
    30 points seems a well rounded number.

But 28 can probably be possible.
    Rise Axis to 20, lower Allies to 22.
    But this way seems to be more difficult.

• Yes my thoughts on Paris . Ok will check out the other 2
    Thank you

• @SS:

PTO Allies
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 L. A.
    1 Hong Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo
    2 Shanghai
    2 Peking
    1 Changkhun
    2 Saigon

ATO Allies
    3 Moscow
    3 London
    2 Washington
    2 Lengingrad
    2 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo
    1 Johannsburg

ATO Axis
    3 Berlin
    3 Rome
    3 Paris
    1 Oslo
    1 Milan
    1 Warsaw

Baron, These are the numbers I’m going with now. I just need to figure out if 28 points or 30 points will work for a win. Axis and Allies have a total of 22 points each at start of game.

• '17 '16

I believe a 30 pts Victory conditions will be more satisfying for players.

People will probably better recognize which side is winning then.

28 pts probably not decisive but it can give a hints about which side is ahead if not enough time to reach 30 points.

Let me know if it seems to change somehow the general strategy.
    Particularly in PTO.
    It is a different minding shifting from Capital control to VCs control Victory conditions.
    Not always easy to refocus.

Nice twist to reduce Washington and Los Angeles.
    Anyway, they are almost unconquerable, unless making big mistakes.

Starting both at 22 allows you to see if giving the same number to win can work for both.

Maybe it is a great achievement to reach 28 for Allies while not the same for Axis.
    Probably, when Allies reaching 28 pts while Axis is 16 points, it means Axis loosing but Axis 28 pts probably Allies are just on the threshold of launching big attacks on Axis.
    Economical advantage and time is clearly on Allies side.

• Here’s the Chart for the Victory City’s point values. The numbers as you can see are to big. Gonna make them smaller. Plus if I need to change a value for a city after play testing I can just swap out with another numbered magnetic. We started to play and have 1 turn in. Each side starts with 22 points. First one to 30 points wins.

The N. A. 's were rolled for each country before start of game. The US got 3 move carriers and got the first tech on turn one with Jet
    Fighters. IT may be a early allies victory ? Not gonna happen !

image1(12).png

• Finally got  1 test turn in last week. Was gonna play another turn or 2 tonite but player didn’t show so have to wait for more turns. Guys busy do to summer.

Anyway this test game is for victory city point victory conditions. Axis and Allies start with 22 points each. First one to 30 points at end of a turn wins the game. The chart below shows who has control of victory city’s with points. Axis have 27 points now after 2 turns. So right now it comes down to does Germany capture Stalingrad (2) and Cairo (1) to get 3 more victory points to win game or just hold the eastern front and decide now to do sea lion. Take London (3) and hold for win. Or Japan takes Hawaii (2) and Calcutta (1) worth 3 for the victory or just split it between themselves.

Axis very strong early in game. Will see how this goes. May have to change a few city numbers or add more city’s ( which I don’t want to do )  if axis keeps winning.

image1(16).png
    image2(6).png

• @Baron:

I believe a 30 pts Victory conditions will be more satisfying for players.

People will probably better recognize which side is winning then.

28 pts probably not decisive but it can give a hints about which side is ahead if not enough time to reach 30 points.

Let me know if it seems to change somehow the general strategy.
    Particularly in PTO.
    It is a different minding shifting from Capital control to VCs control Victory conditions.
    Not always easy to refocus.

Nice twist to reduce Washington and Los Angeles.
    Anyway, they are almost unconquerable, unless making big mistakes.

Starting both at 22 allows you to see if giving the same number to win can work for both.

Maybe it is a great achievement to reach 28 for Allies while not the same for Axis.
    Probably, when Allies reaching 28 pts while Axis is 16 points, it means Axis loosing but Axis 28 pts probably Allies are just on the threshold of launching big attacks on Axis.
    Economical advantage and time is clearly on Allies side.

Baron,

Yes the strategy is different some what and yes you do have to pay more attention now that its victory city points involved.
    It seems like the game is a bit easier to play because now you focus a bit more on a certain victory city. But will have to see in the next few turns how much allies can get pressure on axis. My feeling right now from what I see it may be a to easy victory for axis.

Germany is knocking on Stalingrad’s door next turn but winter will be kicking in on turn 4 to give Russian a +1 on defense for inf every round of battle. Plus italy should get Cairo in 2 to 3 turns. But then maybe not.

image1.png

• Update tomorrow finally.

• After turn 3.

image2(7).png
    image1(22).png

• After turn 4.

image4.png
    image3(4).png

• Well Germany only needs 2 points to get to 30 points and win. Calcutta is only worth 1 point so axis need to get Stalingrad worth 2 points or another 1 point victory city.
    With Italy’s help they may get Stalingrad in later rounds. Japan just needs to hold the main land victory city’s and the Philliphines.
    Germany holding there own in the Atlantic Sea for now.
    Only 2 countries have tech. US has Jet Figs, Paratroopers and Japan has Radar
    That is very low for this game so far.

Baron,

With testing this with victory city points, it seems like you need to do less in game some what where Japan just needs to play defense and Germany/Italy just needs 3 victory city’s (Leningrad, Stalingrad and Cairo) for a win. Thought it would be more offense. There is plenty of attacks but seems like a bit more defense for Axis. For the Allies seems to be the same.

It may be better with what Black Elk and you are doing with more victory city’s with points. Gives you more options to attack and defend more victory city points. Maybe your 40 victory city’s with points is way better. I’m not changing this game though.

Tell you the truth I feel its better for Germany to take London ( worth 3 ) instead of going for Stalingrad ( worth 2) and Cairo ( worth 1 ). Just keep enough Italy in Africa and have them send more troops to Leningrad for defense. Will see.

• '17 '16

Thanks  for this report.
    Keep on roll’in.
    I’m buried under work.
    But still keeping an eye into this Vc conditions.

• Yep. Work

• The allies gave the victory to the axis. Stalingrad going down next turn and Germany will be able to hold till the end of there next turn. That gave the axis 30 points for a win. So as far as the axis not having to take Moscow and London they are still able to win the game.
    UK US didn’t buy any destroyers really in the Atlantic to stop the Wolf Packs !  US spent to much in the Pacific. Seems like the game on the Atlantic side comes down to taking Stalingrad with Cairo or Sea Lion to get London thats worth 3 victory points and Germany holding all there victory city points. Now with a more buy in the Atlantic for allies may have changed things. We don’t know yet so we are starting a new test game next weekend. We have to see if 24 victory city’s with points is enough in game.

We have to see if it just doesn’t come down to the same thing every game for Germany. With the NA’s and Tech with a bigger push by allies  should change things up so I don’t need to add more victory city points to game.

I know Black Elk and Baron I believe are designing a new 40 OOB game with at least 40 victory city’s with points.

Funny thing is we only ended up with 4 techs for all the countries. Normally its about 8 to 12 in a game total.

image1.png

• Japan basically just has to hold the Philliphines and there main land victory city’s. They also don’t need Calcutta to win as axis. Even though the FEC can build capital ships UK left the Med to go to India and that made the Italians navy come through the Canal and forced the FEC navy to attack but they should of just stayed in India with all there navy.

So on the Pacific side its most important to get all allies together as fast as possible and try to get the Islands back and the Philliphines.
    I don’t know if making Calcutta worth 2 points instead of 1 makes a different as far as an easier load of Germany. But with Japan just kinda hanging out will make the Pacific better for more of an aggressive  Allies ?

I’ll probably add the attacking and defending AAA gun.

image2(9).png

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m