3 quick questions: What Edition, Noncombat blitzing, warship IDs…

• I recently brought out the most recent version of A&A I have.  Which is definitely AH Spring 1942 edition.  But how do I know if it is the first or second edition?  Are they different?

Can tanks enter non occupied hostile territories in the Non Combat movement phase?

The silhouettes in the manual of cruisers, battleships, and destroyers are bit hard to identify, especially when each nation has a slightly different mold.  A bit of a pain trying decide which ones are which…  Are there any visual guides available?

Oh, and one other question pops into mind now…Do AA guns get to fire once for each plane every combat round?

Thank you in Advance…

• @skillfulabbot:

I recently brought out the most recent version of A&A I have.  Which is definitely AH Spring 1942 edition.  But how do I know if it is the first or second edition?  Are they different?

They are different. You can easily determine your version: If there is “Spring 1942” printed on the box you’ve got the first edition.
    The second edition is labeled “1942 second edition”.

@skillfulabbot:

Can tanks enter non occupied hostile territories in the Non Combat movement phase?

No. Hostile territories can only be entered in the Combat Move phase.

@skillfulabbot:

Oh, and one other question pops into mind now…Do AA guns get to fire once for each plane every combat round?

No, they fire only once for each plane at the very beginning of the combat (Spring 1942).

HTH :-)

• Thank you for the quick reply!

Okay, So I have been playing correctly.  I was a bit rusty on the rules after so long.

Thank you again.

• Official Q&A

@skillfulabbot:

The silhouettes in the manual of cruisers, battleships, and destroyers are bit hard to identify, especially when each nation has a slightly different mold.�  A bit of a pain trying decide which ones are which…�  Are there any visual guides available?

This may help.

• excellent!!

• @skillfulabbot:

The silhouettes in the manual of cruisers, battleships, and destroyers are bit hard to identify, especially when each nation has a slightly different mold.  A bit of a pain trying decide which ones are which…  Are there any visual guides available?

I created some silhoutte identification charts a couple of years ago, which are posted here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0
    A&A Unit Identification Charts

Clicking on each chart will expand it to full size for detailed viewing.

• Thank you.  That is great work and effort.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m