Round 16 - Pointless Game Cotinuation Question

• Hello A&A Experts,

So I’m on Round 16 in a 1942 Game - Due to some bad Russia rolling the game was really over on round 3 but I keep playing because I can’t stand losing to my friend (that was previously 0-5 against me).  Anyway, here’s the scenario.  I lost Russia and had a huge UK navy so when it was clear that Germany was going to take U.K., I retreated the entire Navy & men to the Pacifc where I planned one last dual U.S. /U.K. strike to take Japan.  It’s about to succeed but my opponent wisely took out my U.S. fleet so when I take Japan I will take it with U.K. … and U.K. lost it’s capital.

So does this just mean that U.K. would put the Japan Money in the bank (and can’t spend it) and then if Japan takes it back it get’s the money right back?  If I held it (which I think I can for one turn) I assume U.K. cannot build in Japan on the following turn because of losing the capital?  Correct?

Man, I wish I could have taken it with the U.S. because then it would have been U.S. versus Germany - a very interesting game that I might have been able to come back on.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The UK holds onto the money, until thier capital is liberated.

At which time, they can then spend it on their next turn, or the begginning of thier turn IF an ally of theirs liberated it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m