• Hi,
    just joined the forum after owning A&A Revised since 2007 and just got round to actually playing it ! Have spent quite a bit of time studying the rules (and the variations/ updates) and I think I have a grip of most of the play. Just one (minor ?) point seems to be eluding interpretation.

Single Sub v Single Sub (Revised rules) :-
    Attacker roles first - misses. Defender roles - also misses.Now we go to Press Attack. Attacker decides to role again, scores a hit. NOW - can the defender submerge or does he have to take the hit (being the only defending piece in the area) ??

I keep rethinking this point and can’t quite decide .

• '14

sub vs sub attacker and defender roll at the exact same time (both first shot attacks) subs can choose to submerge when it comes their turn to fire. Whether its the Attacker or defender, once one chooses to submerge the battle is over. A sub can submerge and occupy the same SZ as an enemy ship without being included in the battle provided there is no destroyer present. Then when it is the other players turn, they can choose to leave the SZ. BUT!!!, if they choose to stay, rather than leave the SZ it MUST go through at least one round of firing because a sub that finishes its movement MUST conduct battle (at least 1 round of firing, but again, they cant submerge if there is an enemy destroyer present)

• So in my scenario the defending sub can submerge and avoid taking the hit ???

• @steve400:

So in my scenario the defending sub can submerge and avoid taking the hit ???

No. The decision to submerge is made in the “Press Attack or Retreat Step”.
    This is before rolling the dice again.

• @P@nther:

@steve400:

So in my scenario the defending sub can submerge and avoid taking the hit ???

No. The decision to submerge is made in the “Press Attack or Retreat Step”.
    This is before rolling the dice again.

Ah! Enlightenment. Many thanks  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m