HBG's new U.S. Expansion Set

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@jwo1984:

Thanks john brown knowing this helps in my purchasing !

No problem. I think you will pleasantly surprised how well, they are made. :-)

• '14 Customizer

I bought the Italian jets last week and have them next in line to paint. I did notice when I painted the V2 rockets that they were not as smooth as I wanted them to be. A great solution is to take some Vallejo plastic putty and mix it with a little water so its runny. Paint the piece with the putty and the piece will be as smooth as plastic.  I have not tried this on the Italian Jets. They seemed pretty smooth but we shall see.

@cyanight:

I bought the Italian jets last week and have them next in line to paint. I did notice when I painted the V2 rockets that they were not as smooth as I wanted them to be. A great solution is to take some Vallejo plastic putty and mix it with a little water so its runny. Paint the piece with the putty and the piece will be as smooth as plastic.  I have not tried this on the Italian Jets. They seemed pretty smooth but we shall see.

The earlier 3D models, like the V2 rockets, weren’t as smooth, but the later models are definately smoother, but yes, give us an update, so that I will know what to expect, when I have a chance to paint mine. :-)

• Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them?  I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.  Thanks in advance.

@AlphaKappa:

Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them?  I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.  Thanks in advance.

Sure, I can post some pics. :-D

John

• @John:

@AlphaKappa:

Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them? � I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.�  Thanks in advance.

Sure, I can post some pics. :-D

John

Damn JB you in the VIP with doug and the HBG co?? lol you get some fast shipping for your orders man im jealous…still waiting on amerika and my german supplement set.  Have you gotten the german set yet?? and can you post some pics of those pieces… with close ups of the stukas? Thanks

jwo, I don’t have mine yet, LOL. I was just responding to his question. Once I receive it, I will post some pics, unless someone beats me to the punch, LOL.

Coach says, it will be April before German set is out, but that could be delayed because Amerika is still being shipped, so don’t know for sure,:-D

• New year New units. :)
    I just got an email, my US units have been shipped, hoping to see time in a week or two. :-D
    If I get a chance I may post time pic’s too.

Buran

@Buran:

New year New units. :)
    I just got an email, my US units have been shipped, hoping to see time in a week or two. :-D
    If I get a chance I may post time pic’s too.

Buran

Cool, glad to hear it, and yes, please post some pics. :-D

• Thanks, you guys!

@AlphaKappa:

Thanks, you guys!

No problem. :-)

• Customizer

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.

By the way, anyone else get the pre-order for Germany 3 sets? I have.

• @knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.

Can you post some pics?

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.Â

I did. Coach says April, but not sure at this point. :-)

• @jwo1984:

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.Â

Can you post some pics?

I think that “get the pre-order” means “placed the pre-order” rather than “received the merchandise.”

@CWO:

@jwo1984:

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.�  Really anxious now.�Â

Can you post some pics?

I think that “get the pre-order” means “placed the pre-order” rather than "received the merchandise."Â

Correct Marc, no one has received the Germans, because the US is just now shipping to people. Hopefully, the Germans will be soon, a few months after. :-)

• I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG

@Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

If you are talking about the one next to the Liberator in your pic, it is an F6F… I think it was a late addition to the set. maybe that is why they left it out on the website.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@LHoffman:

@Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

If you are talking about the one next to the Liberator in your pic, it is an F6F… I think it was a late addition to the set. maybe that is why they left it out on the website.

F6F hellcat was Pre-Order only for free.
    It will be for sale once all pre-orders are filled.
    Please check out rules for the US Set on the HBG website page and below
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/assets/images/HBG/US2/Rules/United States Set 3 v1.0.pdf

• @Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

Nice!  They look pretty good.  How’s the color compared to the OOB stuff?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m