• Hello A&A peeps!

For the past year I’ve been upgrading my A&A 1940. New map, new pieces, new money, and I am now starting to upgrade my unit boxes to accommodate all the new bits. I had made plastic dividers for the existing boxes but it forced me to lump units together too much. I wanted something cleaner, bigger, and something that can hold cheat sheets relevant to the player.

I hope to try casting the outer box with colored resin and have it be a minimalist smooth plastic box (in the shade of the army it contains) with the nation’s logo stamped on top. The lid will also have cheat sheets printed on the inside.

Problems arise when 3 of the nations use colored roundels for identification, which really doesn’t work in relief. I could use other symbols like the Cross of Lorraine for France, maybe a Fasces for Italy, a crown for Britain? But I’m not all that happy with that idea. I don’t like adding new Iconography to the game. The alternative is just copy the default game roundels and insert colored acrylic plates into the lid.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Senmassen, I think whatever you will come out great. The main is you have to be happy with it, because you will be seeing it all the time. Keep up the great work. :-)

Cheers!

John

• @sentmassen:

Hello A&A peeps!

For the past year I’ve been upgrading my A&A 1940. New map, new pieces, new money, and I am now starting to upgrade my unit boxes to accommodate all the new bits. I had made plastic dividers for the existing boxes but it forced me to lump units together too much. I wanted something cleaner, bigger, and something that can hold cheat sheets relevant to the player.

I hope to try casting the outer box with colored resin and have it be a minimalist smooth plastic box (in the shade of the army it contains) with the nation’s logo stamped on top. The lid will also have cheat sheets printed on the inside.

Problems arise when 3 of the nations use colored roundels for identification, which really doesn’t work in relief. I could use other symbols like the Cross of Lorraine for France, maybe a Fasces for Italy, a crown for Britain? But I’m not all that happy with that idea. I don’t like adding new Iconography to the game. The alternative is just copy the default game roundels and insert colored acrylic plates into the lid.

Very nice!

I think having colored acrylic plates inserted into the lid would look very smart. Worst case scenario, I would say use stickers of the national rondel, but obviously that would detract slightly from the look I think you’re going for.

Love the IPC’s too,  :wink:

• '17 '16 Customizer

I love it!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m