HBG's new U.S. Expansion Set

• Anyone receive theirs yet?  I see that on their website, it still says “shipping mid-November”.  If you have gotten it, what do you think of the new sculpts?

• No I’m still waiting for mine.  Was really hoping to have them before Christmas.  Hopefully we’ll have them early in the new year.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@AlphaKappa:

Anyone receive theirs yet?  I see that on their website, it still says “shipping mid-November”.  If you have gotten it, what do you think of the new sculpts?

They are still shipping Amerika, so it will be after New Years, before we will see it, probably. I’m looking forward to the, the P-47, ships and the tanks, mostly. :-)

• is the American expansion set available now after pre orders?  I never pre ordered german set and saw it available now and placed two orders…but American set says out of stock?  Looking forward to the German set …

Also, anyone on here order any more of the 3d print expansion molds they have for the expansion games to Global?  How smooth is the plastic used are the good to pain,t and do the details show up well? or are the surfaces rough making drybrushing more difficult picking up the wrong textures ?

Thanks

@jwo1984:

is the American expansion set available now after pre orders?  I never pre ordered german set and saw it available now and placed two orders…but American set says out of stock?  Looking forward to the German set …

Also, anyone on here order any more of the 3d print expansion molds they have for the expansion games to Global?  How smooth is the plastic used are the good to pain,t and do the details show up well? or are the surfaces rough making drybrushing more difficult picking up the wrong textures ?

Thanks

jwo1984, the American set will not be available till all pre-orders are shipped. That is usually how they do these sets. Once everyone gets their set, they will put some for sale, afterwards.

The 3D models are very smooth and have improved, tremendously. Y just bought the Italian jetfighters, and they are very smooth. You won’t have to worry about the 3D models. :-)

• Thanks john brown knowing this helps in my purchasing !

@jwo1984:

Thanks john brown knowing this helps in my purchasing !

No problem. I think you will pleasantly surprised how well, they are made. :-)

• '14 Customizer

I bought the Italian jets last week and have them next in line to paint. I did notice when I painted the V2 rockets that they were not as smooth as I wanted them to be. A great solution is to take some Vallejo plastic putty and mix it with a little water so its runny. Paint the piece with the putty and the piece will be as smooth as plastic.  I have not tried this on the Italian Jets. They seemed pretty smooth but we shall see.

@cyanight:

I bought the Italian jets last week and have them next in line to paint. I did notice when I painted the V2 rockets that they were not as smooth as I wanted them to be. A great solution is to take some Vallejo plastic putty and mix it with a little water so its runny. Paint the piece with the putty and the piece will be as smooth as plastic.  I have not tried this on the Italian Jets. They seemed pretty smooth but we shall see.

The earlier 3D models, like the V2 rockets, weren’t as smooth, but the later models are definately smoother, but yes, give us an update, so that I will know what to expect, when I have a chance to paint mine. :-)

• Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them?  I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.  Thanks in advance.

@AlphaKappa:

Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them?  I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.  Thanks in advance.

Sure, I can post some pics. :-D

John

• @John:

@AlphaKappa:

Can one of you guys post some pics of the new sculpts when you get them? � I’d like to check them out compared to HBG’s other stuff and/or OOB pieces.�  Thanks in advance.

Sure, I can post some pics. :-D

John

Damn JB you in the VIP with doug and the HBG co?? lol you get some fast shipping for your orders man im jealous…still waiting on amerika and my german supplement set.  Have you gotten the german set yet?? and can you post some pics of those pieces… with close ups of the stukas? Thanks

jwo, I don’t have mine yet, LOL. I was just responding to his question. Once I receive it, I will post some pics, unless someone beats me to the punch, LOL.

Coach says, it will be April before German set is out, but that could be delayed because Amerika is still being shipped, so don’t know for sure,:-D

• New year New units. :)
    I just got an email, my US units have been shipped, hoping to see time in a week or two. :-D
    If I get a chance I may post time pic’s too.

Buran

@Buran:

New year New units. :)
    I just got an email, my US units have been shipped, hoping to see time in a week or two. :-D
    If I get a chance I may post time pic’s too.

Buran

Cool, glad to hear it, and yes, please post some pics. :-D

• Thanks, you guys!

@AlphaKappa:

Thanks, you guys!

No problem. :-)

• Customizer

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.

By the way, anyone else get the pre-order for Germany 3 sets? I have.

• @knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.

Can you post some pics?

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.Â

I did. Coach says April, but not sure at this point. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m