• Official Q&A

I try to make whatever little fixes I can in the rulebooks whenever I’m notified that there’s a new print run in the works (which doesn’t always happen).  These fixes are pretty much for clarity, and you won’t find anything in them that isn’t covered in the FAQs.  Generally, the downloadable rulebooks on the website are the most up-to-date versions.

• Thanks everyone for your help!

• Sorry to extend the thread after such helpful responses from P@nther and Krieghund, but 3 further thoughts:

1. P@nther’s FAQ quote is slightly different to that from my rulebook, as the FAQ does not mention scrambling, which capability my rulebook says is not afforded to China through any AB it owns. Can I ask for clarity on that one please.

2. Depending on that answer I am guessing that my rulebook is more up to date then than the one on the website, as it covers the captured AB or NB issue within the rules. If so, can we please update the rulebook on the website.

3. Having discovered that my interpretation of China’s “control” of Kwangtung / Burma (in the event of India falling) was wrong, I now need to get my head around what “control” actually means. Presumably only that it gains the ipc value?

Many thanks
    PP

• '15

3. Your idea of control sounded right. It was your idea of “Chinese territory” that seemed to have the problem I think?

China can only spawn units in (1) Chinese territories (2) that it controls. If Calcutta falls, and China captures Kwangtung/Burma, they do absolutely control them (and gain the IPCs from them, and the (,in the case of China, limited) use of the facilities, and everything else control implies). That satisfies but one half of the requirement (2). They are not, however, Chinese territories–they are British territories. Only those territories with a Chinese emblem are Chinese territories, just as it is for every other nation in the game. Therefore one half of the above requirement (1) is not satisfied.

I hope that helps, and I’m not just misunderstanding you!

Edit-
    Maybe if your A&A game lasted for 60-120+ turns, you could add a houserule that the British use of Hong Kong, which, in our now drastically different timeline, ended in 1997, takes effect, and Kwangtung is again a true Chinese territory… you know… just… a suggestion :p

• Thanks very much teslas. That has helped.

@teslas:

Maybe if your A&A game lasted for 60-120+ turns, you could add a houserule that the British use of Hong Kong, which, in our now drastically different timeline, ended in 1997, takes effect, and Kwangtung is again a true Chinese territory… you know… just… a suggestion :p

Ha ha! My longest game (of 42.2) was 31 turns and then declared a stalemate. Clearly I lack sufficient stamina. :-)

• Official Q&A

@Private:

1. P@nther’s FAQ quote is slightly different to that from my rulebook, as the FAQ does not mention scrambling, which capability my rulebook says is not afforded to China through any AB it owns. Can I ask for clarity on that one please.

China can’t scramble its fighter from an airbase because the fighter can never leave the territories that Chinese occupation is restricted to.

• Sponsor

@Krieghund:

I try to make whatever little fixes I can in the rulebooks whenever I’m notified that there’s a new print run in the works (which doesn’t always happen).� � These fixes are pretty much for clarity, and you won’t find anything in them that isn’t covered in the FAQs.� � Generally, the downloadable rulebooks on the website are the most up-to-date versions.

Are you saying that the books available for download right now, are slightly different than the books I downloaded when 2nd edition first came out?

Also, I’m going to be buying a copy of 1940 Europe and Pacific 2nd Edition next week, is there any way I can tell inside the rule book jacket if my copies are from the latest print run or not?.

• @Krieghund:

China can’t scramble its fighter from an airbase because the fighter can never leave the territories that Chinese occupation is restricted to.

Thanks very much Krieghund. Much appreciated.

I am guessing then that my rulebook is more up to date than others, including this forum! Perhaps that will help me win from time to time. :-D

Cheers
    PP

• Official Q&A

@Young:

Are you saying that the books available for download right now, are slightly different than the books I downloaded when 2nd edition first came out?

Possibly.  I think they’ve been updated since then, but I know they’re not the absolute latest versions.  Anyway, it’s not really an issue.  As I said, there’s nothing in the rulebook tweaks that’s not in the FAQs.

@Young:

Also, I’m going to be buying a copy of 1940 Europe and Pacific 2nd Edition next week, is there any way I can tell inside the rule book jacket if my copies are from the latest print run or not?.

No.

• Sponsor

Ok, However… I just looked at the Europe 1940 2nd edition rule book on the wizards of the coast site, and on page 24 under the sea zone 97 convoy diagram it still says that Italy can only be convoyed for a maximum of 2 IPCs. This is in the FAQ, so if corrections are available to be made before the next run, I would guess that this would be one of them.

• Official Q&A

All of the FAQs were incorporated as of the latest print run.

• Sponsor

@Krieghund:

All of the FAQs were incorporated as of the latest print run.

Awesome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m