John Brown's 96x48 Global 1940 Waterproof Metal Map

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

And more pictures! :-D

Japan Invades China 005.JPG
    Japan Invades China 006.JPG

Here are the last two pictures. I hope you all enjoy them. Stay tune for the next painted set. Over and out! :-D

Japan Invades China 007.JPG
    Japan Invades China 008.JPG

• '17 '16 '15

Way Cool!

You have tons of room for dudes! The game pieces are Badass!

@barney:

Way Cool!

You have tons of room for dudes! The game pieces are Badass!

Thanks barney! If you go to the second page under customs, Spitfire38 has a thread on my whole Japanese set. Check it out!

Thanks again for the compliments. :-D

• '16 Customizer

Very cool! Since the Chinese and ANZAC will be done next, you’ll have something to face off against the Japanese.

@Spitfire38:

Very cool! Since the Chinese and ANZAC will be done next, you’ll have something to face off against the Japanese.

Yes, the board will look better, when the Chinese troops, realize the Japanese have landed on their shores, so Anzac be prepared, the UK is feeling the pressure. :-D

• '14 Customizer

Excellent map John. I love it. Definitely the Italian roundels.  I like your enhanced Kamikaze makers too.  Very good my friend :)

@cyanight:

Excellent map John. I love it. Definitely the Italian roundels.  I like your enhanced Kamikaze makers too.  Very good my friend :)

Thanks Cyanight, coming from you, that means a lot. Thanks buddy! :-D

• Great map!  The enhanced markers are a particularly nice feature.  Thanks for the photos!

@CWO:

Great map!  The enhanced markers are a particularly nice feature.  Thanks for the photos!

Your welcome!

Thanks Marc, and thanks to you and others, I know how to take photos and put them in the forums. I really appreciate the help, very much. :-D

John

• Sponsor

Fantastic Map John Brown, great job! I love hearing stories about custom maps… what is the reason for using metal? are you going to magnitize all your peices?

@Young:

Fantastic Map John Brown, great job! I love hearing stories about custom maps… what is the reason for using metal? are you going to magnitize all your peices?

The company I used recommended it for durability. I’m not going to magnetize my pieces, like Cyanight’s map. I’m just not great with tools, like some of you guys are, and just don’t have the time, working in a retail store.

I admire you guys, who are good with tools, I’m just not one of them.

The main thing I wanted on my map, was that Italy have the right roundel and to make sure kamikaze and convoy zones showed up on the map.

Thanks for your compliments. It means a lot, coming from you customizers. :-D

Yeah, wow… the map itself is awesome, but combine it with Spitfire’s painted stuff and it is probably the best I have ever seen. What kind of metal did you use? Is the map actually printed on the metal or have you used an adhesive?

Now you just need a table worthy of such a work.

@LHoffman:

Yeah, wow… the map itself is awesome, but combine it with Spitfire’s painted stuff and it is probably the best I have ever seen. What kind of metal did you use? Is the map actually printed on the metal or have you used an adhesive?

Now you just need a table worthy of such a work.

LHoffman, I can’t remember what she called it, but it is waterproof and it is printed on the metal, itself. You can scratch it, but it takes a lot to do that, and she says, I have to be careful with the corners, because the map can roll up a little, if a corner gets bent.

It cost me nearly $600.00 to have it made, and yes I will need a man cave, for sure, LOL, but that this way down the line, I’m afraid.

Thanks for your compliments! :-D

John

@John:

LHoffman, I can’t remember what she called it, but it is waterproof and it is printed on the metal, itself. You can scratch it, but it takes a lot to do that, and she says, I have to be careful with the corners, because the map can roll up a little, if a corner gets bent.

It cost me nearly $600.00 to have it made, and yes I will need a man cave, for sure, LOL, but that this way down the line, I’m afraid.

Holy Crap!  :-o

Well, it sure looks nice. Great job.

@LHoffman:

@John:

Holy Crap!�  :-o

Well, it sure looks nice. Great job.

It barely fits the bedroom, that I put it in, LOL, and my wife wasn’t to happy about me spending that much, but it was totally worth it.

Like barney said, “I have a lot of room to put men on each country now.” It is so nice that I don’t have to cram the countries.

My favorite part is the kamikaze zones. The girl did a superb job on those. Nice and bright, just the way, I like it.

Thanks buddy! :-D

• Can this map be used to play games of '42 on?

Or are the territories and sea zones different?

@Speed_Adict:

Can this map be used to play games of '42 on?

This is just the 1940 Maps, with a few details changed, blown up bigger. Honestly, I don’t think it will work, because there are more territories, sea zones, and because of this, I think it would mess with the starting setups for each country. Unfortunately, I haven’t played 1942, yet, so I can’t give you that advice.

Sorry, about that.

• '16 Customizer

@Speed_Adict:

Can this map be used to play games of '42 on?

As John said, the '42 map is different than the '40 map, so this is not compatible with any other version of Axis and Allies.

Here is a photo of the '42 map.

• @Spitfire38:

Here is a photo of the '42 map.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen this map before, but it looks really nice.  Who designed it, out of curiosity?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m