• Germany has there 2nd naval impluse back now since 7.1

• @Warwick:

Where do the two extra FTRs come from?

The power of the early attack is seems to be a trap for UK. If they defend London they lose Cairo and Gibraltar. Italy gets to grow into a 50 pt power. Germany should still hit 70 IPC per turn to 75 IPC and Japan can get to 100 IPC. This matches well versus a 45 to 50 IPC Russia, 100 US, 40 pt UK (8 - 10 ANZAC, 12 - 15 FEC, 20 UK). The Axis would be out producing the Allies while operating on interior lines. I like that match up.

A London+Cairo+Calcutta sweep is the same as a Leningrad+Stalingrad+Moscow sweep from a VP standpoint.

EDIT I was in error using TAC to SBR a factory. Unless a Bomber is part of the first turn builds the average damage to the factory will be 14 not 21.

Depends, the UK gets ridiculously rich if played right.  It does not take much to hold cairo for a few turns until London is secure.

• @Warwick:

Where do the two extra FTRs come from?

The power of the early attack is seems to be a trap for UK. If they defend London they lose Cairo and Gibraltar. Italy gets to grow into a 50 pt power. Germany should still hit 70 IPC per turn to 75 IPC and Japan can get to 100 IPC. This matches well versus a 45 to 50 IPC Russia, 100 US, 40 pt UK (8 - 10 ANZAC, 12 - 15 FEC, 20 UK). The Axis would be out producing the Allies while operating on interior lines. I like that match up.

A London+Cairo+Calcutta sweep is the same as a Leningrad+Stalingrad+Moscow sweep from a VP standpoint.

EDIT I was in error using TAC to SBR a factory. Unless a Bomber is part of the first turn builds the average damage to the factory will be 14 not 21.

The extra fighters come from Scotland.  As for the other points you bring up, it comes down to how the dice rolls sometimes too.  Are you saying that you’re still going to take London?  I’m not sure what you were intending do in this particular case, going off this post you put up.  If you are, like I said, it would be tough, and Cairo would get to build anyway.  If Germany doesn’t attack and doesn’t show any sign of persuing that objective, the U.K. has no reason to keep building in London and will start producing in Africa regardless.

That TB changes things too, as you’re aware of already.

@Gargantua:

Hang on hang on…

I thought since 7.0, that the German fleet didn’t get to move in the 2nd impulse???

In my opinion, Germany shouldn’t get a 2nd impulse at all…  I’m writing this in vain, I know, but I just wanna throw that out there :p.

Edit: Just to be on the same page with everyone, I’m basing everything off of 7.1/7.2, just in case there was any misinterpretation.

• My plan call for ignoring London on turn #1 and reducing the rest of England. When England starts it move it will have lost Scotland and Liverpool. Only the forces in London will be able to fight.

There should be 2 INF + 3-4 ARM in liverpool. London is struck at the start of turn 2 with 8 INF + 3-4 ARM + 4-5 FTR + 4-5 TAC + 1 BMB

London defends with 12 - 13 INF + 2 FTR + 1 MECH + 2 BMBs

Round 1
    Avg hit on attack 8.4 or so
    Avh hits on Def 7.4

Round 2
    Attack - 7.25
    Def - 4.6

Round 3
    Attack - Finishes London
    Defense - 1.75 hit

Losses Attacker - 8 INF 2 ARM 2 FTR 2 TAC
    Losses Defender - 13 INF 2 FTR 2 BMB 1 MECH 32 IPC in bank

Total IPC Losses
    Attacker - 78
    Defender - 119

• Ok, I missed that Scotland detail I guess…

It would be interesting to see how it plays out.  Have you done it yet?  Have you seen the longterm effect?

Also, keep in mind that I haven’t played in over 10 months, since New Year’s, so the game isn’t fresh in my mind.  I would definitely like to see how it plays out myself, but I just can’t at the moment due to my current circumstances.

• On your attack moves for Scotland, if not using optional rule to split navys, you got to bring 2 bombers. The problem with that is the airbase gets a shot at planes and the fighter can scramble. Then if you lose both planes odds are you ain’t takin Scotland.

• The problem with this is that if you attack Denmark on the first impulse, the Danish straits are closed and you can not move your navy out to amphib Scotland. As long as Denmark is attacked on the second impulse or later the straits will be open on the first impulse for you to move through and amphib Scotland.

• The rules say as long as Denmark is neutral anybody can go through the Straits. If you control Denmark then only the controlling country can go through and Subs.

Page 9  Straights and Canals.

• first impulse: you dont attack denmark, you can go through the straights and their neutral navy doesn’t cause combat.  if you attack and conquer denmark on the first turn you would control the straights but their two ships may cause combat if the neutral rolls don’t go your way.

• Yes this opening assumes the optional rule regarding splitting the fleets on invasion.

Denmark is left untouched until the 2nd or 3rd turn of the Game.

I can not find a rule stating an Airbase can operate as an AA for general combat. If I send a bomber it just hits on an 8. Also we do not use the optional rule regarding FTRs going to CAP or ground support.

• SS - You are missing my point. You can not move your navy out from the Baltic on the same impulse that you attack Denmark. So attacking Denmark on the first impulse would close the straights until the second impulse, then you could move your transport out to amphib Scotland.

• I wouldn’t attack Denmark. Not until turn 3.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m