• I’ve been a Spurs fan for 20+ years, so it’s clear what I’m rooting for.  Right now I hear the Thunder handling the Spurs at home handily - I figured so much at home they’d take one or two.  With Ibaka back (a surprise), I’d guarantee it.  But I’d like a rematch of last year in the Finals…

• Labron James will win again unless Wade gets injured.

Spurs should in game 4 and close out at home.

• I want one more for the Spurs.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I certainly hope Spurs win this year. Lat year was painful to watch.

• @John:

I certainly hope Spurs win this year. Lat year was painful to watch.

@ABWorsham:

I want one more for the Spurs.

Same here.  I think Tim may retire if that happens…I’ve also heard Popp may go soon as well.

• Tim will definitely retire if that happens. But Labron will prevail. Spurs will play a 7 game series with the Thunder and get too tired even if they win. Im wondering why the Heat dont play Greg Ogden which was the whole reason they got him ( to counter Hibbert)

I sure hope the Spurs can close it out tonight! I don’t won’t a game 7. I guess we will see. :-D

Alright, Spurs pulled it in 6. 4 more to go! :-D

• I’m very glad of this rematch.  I’ve got quite a few friends of the Heat (namely from Bron Bron), and last year was a fun, yet ultimately sad, time.  I look forward to it again as well as revenge.  I’ve put my wallet down on the Spurs, as I believe they will take it this time.

@Jermofoot:

I’m very glad of this rematch.  I’ve got quite a few friends of the Heat (namely from Bron Bron), and last year was a fun, yet ultimately sad, time.  I look forward to it again as well as revenge.  I’ve put my wallet down on the Spurs, as I believe they will take it this time.

The Spurs were only one play from winning last year. Let us hope they get their revenge. I don’t won’t another Miami win. :-D

• @John:

@Jermofoot:

I’m very glad of this rematch.�  I’ve got quite a few friends of the Heat (namely from Bron Bron), and last year was a fun, yet ultimately sad, time.�  I look forward to it again as well as revenge.�  I’ve put my wallet down on the Spurs, as I believe they will take it this time.

The Spurs were only one play from winning last year. Let us hope they get their revenge. I don’t won’t another Miami win. :-D

Me neither (nothing against them, although I dislike the “Superteam” approach).

Last years series was exactly like when the Texas Rangers faced the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series.  Both went to game 7s, both had an incredibly crazy game 6, and ultimately it broke my heart…

@Jermofoot:

@John:

@Jermofoot:

I’m very glad of this rematch.�  I’ve got quite a few friends of the Heat (namely from Bron Bron), and last year was a fun, yet ultimately sad, time.�  I look forward to it again as well as revenge.�  I’ve put my wallet down on the Spurs, as I believe they will take it this time.

Yes, that hurt worse than last year. Our outfielder could have ended the series with the Cardinals and Texas would have won its first world series. That was a bitter pill to swallow, especially losing 2 in a row.

Thank goodness, the Stars at least, won, one Stanley cup, because they lost against New Jersey, the following year.
    Me neither (nothing against them, although I dislike the “Superteam” approach).

Last years series was exactly like when the Texas Rangers faced the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series.  Both went to game 7s, both had an incredibly crazy game 6, and ultimately it broke my heart…

• I will say this - I like Nelson Cruz and glad he’s having success right now.  But if there is ever an example that he should be DH only…game 6.    :cry:

@Jermofoot:

I will say this - I like Nelson Cruz and glad he’s having success right now.  But if there is ever an example that he should be DH only…game 6.    :cry:

Don’t get me wrong I like nelson Cruz, but I would have dove for that ball. This is the world series, and I just didn’t think he gave it his all on that play, but he is also the one that was giving us runs, when Hamilton wasn’t producing.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Would love to see another 7-game classic, and would give the Spurs a big edge for having Game 7 at home. Despite some hiccups in earlier rounds home court still means a ton in the NBA.

@General:

Would love to see another 7-game classic, and would give the Spurs a big edge for having Game 7 at home. Despite some hiccups in earlier rounds home court still means a ton in the NBA.

Yes, home court is definitely huge. :-)

I cannot help myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Yl-CrwtRE

Never heard of this girl before, but she’s right.

@LHoffman:

I cannot help myself:

I can agree with most of it, but the difference is my Dallas Stars are not in it, but my Spurs are in it and both these teams aren’t ordinary teams, like most NBA teams. Last years final was one of the best finals, I have ever seen.

I do love hockey and I’m pulling for the Kings, but when my team is in it, I have to watch over hockey. Nothing takes the place of watching hockey in person. TV doesn’t do it justice.

However, LOL, I love both sports! :-D

• @LHoffman:

I cannot help myself:

Dude, I like hockey, but you got took by a pretty face.  Not to mention you could probably turn each point she made back to the NBA.

1. Close games - 5 of the 8 first round series went to game sevens in the NBA.  Sure, not individual games, but you can’t compare and average of single digit scoring to high double/low triple digit scoring.  Apples to oranges.
    2. Pace (last minute takes forever in the NBA…) - Only in a close game.  So does this invalidate point #1?

3. Team vs. Stars - I would argue the best team makes it, obviously, for each conference, and IMO, the Spurs are the more solid team.  OKC had stars they had to play nearly the full duration of the game because they had an incomplete team, and didn’t make it.  Additionally, I’m not sure how this makes for a “better sport” argument?  Besides, the pace is fairly different for each and the NHL requires a larger group to keep up with it. 
    4.  Intensity/Teams playing to ability - Each game counts, both leagues.  There is no “you don’t have to try until the playoffs”.  That’s just stupid.  You have to make the playoffs first.  And the “dude broke something and had a custom mask to play in hockey”?  Look:

5. Unpredictability/odds - Teams that hadn’t been in years made it; for the first time ever, the Celtics, Knicks, or Lakers were not in the playoffs.  The Heat vs. Spurs rematch is slightly over 50/50 in Spurs favor, even though the Heat won last year.  She sarcastically “wonders” who will win, insinuating the Heat, when it went to 7 games last year and the Spurs were within a free throw of winning the championship in game 6 (that’s what you call a close game).

6. Anyone’s game (unpredictability repeated) - I believe in parity myself, and I can concede it.  But I do believe the home court advantage in the NBA is HUGE, and that makes a big difference.  But does it make for a better sport, the team that barely squeaks into the championship has a shot at the title, and the dominating team during the regular season goes out in the first round?  Most seem to like a cinderella story, but does that mean the sport is intrinsically better?

7. Sudden death overtime - You get 5 minutes in the NBA, it might as well be.  You have 5 minutes to play your best basketball.  Going into overtime is pretty big for such a high scoring sport, anyway.  Hockey can be deadlocked from the first period to warrant it, but not the NBA.
    8. Drama - She rails on the NBA for having character drama.  Well that’s the NBA for you.  Fights are a luxury, not a staple.  24 hour sportsnews cycle and a popular sport will drag out tons of “stories”.  I’m not saying it’s a good thing, but it’s not an actual argument to watch hockey over the NBA.

9. Trophy - And? I bet more people can identify it by sight than name, but still…what’s that have to do with watching the sport?  Additionally, the NBA doesn’t identify the playoffs by the trophy, but by the sport.  That may have something to do with it…

10. Ratings - “Just because a lot of people watch the NBA compared to the NHL, doesn’t mean it’s good.”  Ok, so give me a reason the NHL is better?  This is a wasted spot.

So…I enjoyed the view…the argument was crap though.

Here’s my rebuttal:

The NBA and NHL finals playoff games are staggered, so you don’t have to choose!!!

Spurs have 3 more to go! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m