• 2007 AAR League

I’m going to go the other way. I think that the Saints match up well against the Colts.

The Saint’s defense is poor against the run but good against the pass which is a good fit for them since Indy doesn’t run particularly well but is a great passing team. They give up a ton of yards but they make up for it with forcing turnovers.

On the other hand, the Colt’s defense hasn’t seen anything like the Saint’s offense. They are extremely well balanced. Good QB, runners, receivers, and tight end. And the Colt’s defense is nowhere near as good as the Viking’s defense was.

I think 2 things are going to give the Saint’s the edge.

1. Indy’s game is scoring quickly. And often. The Saints can score quickly, too. But, because they are also a good running team it means they can switch gears to grind out the clock and control the game. It’s no secret that the best way to beat both of these teams is to keep their offenses off the field and the Saints can do that better that the Colts.

2. The Saint’s defense lives and dies by the turnover. Both teams are probably going to score a bunch of points shootout style, but the odds are that the Saint’s defense is going to force one or two more turnovers than Indy’s D and that is going to give them more opportunities to score. The Saint’s scored 510 points this season and no other team even came close. So, if they win the turnover battle, I don’t see them losing.

• Should be a good game tomorrow. I’m glad Farve is not in this game. I’ve had enough Farve Worship for one year. I think Joe Buck, from Fox, bows to a statue of Farve.

• I hope the Colts demolish the Saints tomorrow.

• @ABWorsham:

Should be a good game tomorrow. I’m glad Farve is not in this game. I’ve had enough Farve Worship for one year. I think Joe Buck, from Fox, bows to a statue of Farve.

I second that AB.  I am fed up with Favre.  The world does not revolve around Brett Favre and Tiger Woods.  When Tiger had his scandal and the Vikes were making a run at the playoffs, SportsCenter pretty much devoted the hour to just those 2 subjects.

• @RogertheShrubber:

@ABWorsham:

Should be a good game tomorrow. I’m glad Farve is not in this game. I’ve had enough Farve Worship for one year. I think Joe Buck, from Fox, bows to a statue of Farve.

I second that AB.  I am fed up with Favre.  The world does not revolve around Brett Favre and Tiger Woods.  When Tiger had his scandal and the Vikes were making a run at the playoffs, SportsCenter pretty much devoted the hour to just those 2 subjects.

They need to devote a lot more time to hockey.

• @Brain:

Okay It’s on record now I predict Colts will beat the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Shows how much I know about football.

• @Brain:

@Brain:

That game could have gone either way.  Despite the score it was more close than it appeared.

• @Jermofoot:

@Brain:

@Brain:

That game could have gone either way.  Despite the score it was more close than it appeared.

Very true Jermo.

• When it comes to football it’s a pretty safe bet to pick the exact opposite team that I choose and you will do well

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m