Personal arguements will end, right now

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@El:

@marine36:

i took three years of Latin, and didnt learn squat, so in my opinion, its a dead language. :)

This from my fav brain dead Marine!

Who loves ya, m36!?! :)

Hoo-hah!

Any questions? See the capitalized word at the end of my first sentence above.

HUA, not Hoo-hah, not how-you, just HUA. It’s really an acronym that means “Head-Up-Arse” wink Guess I shouldn’t poke fun at the doggies anymore, now that I’m going to be one, but I just can’t help myself!

• @Jennifer:

HUA, not Hoo-hah

Hmmm …. i really wonder about your priorities. You know and care about this, but keep mispelling Annan and others’ names (most often when there is an “a” as second vowel, which you replace by an “o”).

I find that scary.

• '19 Moderator

This is way off the subject, but I can’t resist.

Marines - Oo-rah
    Army - Hoo-ah
    Navy - Hoo-ya
    AirForce - Hey, what’s up? or yeah or I Understand or alot of other things ;)

It’s not an acronym for anything, militaries have always had sayings similar to these. In colonial times it was Hu-zah… It’s a grunt thing if you don’t get it, you aren’t meant to…

• Really Dzert? Ive always said Hoo-rah. :)

• @marine36:

Really Dzert? Ive always said Hoo-rah. :)

It’s OOH RAH, ya boot.

• wow, cant believe i never picked that up. :-o

• its ooo-rah! well it was in my company anyways. We had one guy that had singing lessons at some point in his civy life. you could make ooo-rah last for 2 3/4 min. He used to yell it out of loud speakers when we were driving through small desert holes. fun times!!! God i miss the corps, i think i might go back in for another 4, anybody else miss it?

Several threads are currently under review and will be throughout today and tomorrow.

Everyone, PLAY NICE!!!

What makes this site great, is the debate, not the name calling.

And everyone, STAY ON TOPIC!

I’m considering locking all threads that go off topic and do not return to on-topic discussion, but that seems a bit drastic and rash, since so many topics do go off topic.

But this is just a little warning to everyone, if you can’t discuss things in an adult way, then you are going to see some massive lockings.
    And nobady wants that.

• @F_alk:

That might change the  moment the catholic church declares the celibate as obsolete :) …. and the Vatican is changing the language. There are latin words for car, TV etc etc.

How do you say, “Where’s the remote?”, in Latin?

Is there a question mark in the Latin text?
    As for the Hoo-_____! debate… I guess it depends on where you trained.

Kinda like the word “wash.”
    In this region SE Indiana, SW Ohio, N Kentucky it is pronounced “wash.”
    In the portions of the rural South (USA)  it is pronounced “WAR-sh.”
    In Boston and much of Massachusetts(USA)  it is pronounced “WAR-sh.”  Just ask US Senator Ted Kennedy.

Hmm.  Maybe I’m behind the language evolutionary curve.

Again, as for the Hoo-___ ! debate, I say…

Hoo-Dey! Hoo-Dey!
    Hoo-Dey think gonna beat them Bengals?
    :-D

• @Major:

its ooo-rah! well it was in my company anyways. We had one guy that had singing lessons at some point in his civy life. you could make ooo-rah last for 2 3/4 min. He used to yell it out of loud speakers when we were driving through small desert holes. fun times!!! God i miss the corps, i think i might go back in for another 4, anybody else miss it?

The Corps?  Nope, that is one branch I never made it into.  Air Force, Army and Army National Guard here… and I NEVER made it out of training units!  I was either IN training or DOING the training.  Talk about a dreadful way to do your military time!

I had some good times back then.  But alas, my aging rounding body is NOT what it was when I was in my teens and early 20’s (hell my body did nto hold up even then, at least my knees, which is why I got out!)  And I am sure this smoking, drinking, 36 year old could not pass a PT test even with the aid of a moped for the run!  LOL

I WOULD get to sleep in later than I do now though, so there is always that trade off :-P

• @Major:

its ooo-rah! well it was in my company anyways. We had one guy that had singing lessons at some point in his civy life. you could make ooo-rah last for 2 3/4 min. He used to yell it out of loud speakers when we were driving through small desert holes. fun times!!! God i miss the corps, i think i might go back in for another 4, anybody else miss it?

Yeah, I miss it. Until I became an alchoholic.

2 threads were locked tonight for being off topic.

I have no problem locking more if you guys can’t debate like adults or drift SO far off topic that the initial thread topic is unidentifiable.

As Mods we simply don’t have time to babysit every thread/post and user.

I’ve all but removed myself from much of Gen Discussion (political, religious, foreign policy, etc topics) for the past few weeks because all the threads seem to end up the same way.

Attack the points in a post and debate the topic but DON’T attack the user.

Thank you,
    Darth

• @DarthMaximus:

2 threads were locked tonight for being off topic.

Sorry to have had to be the one to call those 2 threads to your attention Darth.  But I simply felt that they had both gotten very out of hand.  So if anyone here wants to persecute someone, I am the guilty party for doing a “report to moderator” on those two threads.

Thank you for handling the moderation of the various threads quickly and professionally.  Speaking for myself (and I am sure for many others) it is greatly appreciated.

• We’re not going to let up here on these topics guys. When they violate forum rules, action will be taken. Stay on topic. Don’t attack other people. Be civilized.

@Major:

That like “hoo-ah” which is the new, more idiotic spelling for the Army?  Personally, I prefer the classic HUA which really stands for Heard, Understood and Acknowledged……but what do I know…I’m just a throw back to reality…hehe.

@Yanny:

We’re not going to let up here on these topics guys. When they violate forum rules, action will be taken. Stay on topic. Don’t attack other people. Be civilized.

Bah, now what possible fun is it if topics can’t deviate onto irrellevant tangents after, oh, say 200 replies?  smile

• 2007 AAR League

acting civilized is for the weak, trying to keep people in check they know they couldn’t otherwise, because they would be pummeled by a physically superior individual who doesnt want to take no shite.  we should all let each other duke it out, cause in my opinion thats fair play.

• Your’e nuts dude!! :-D

• acting civilized is for the weak, trying to keep people in check they know they couldn’t otherwise, because they would be pummeled by a physically superior individual who doesn’t want to take no shite.  we should all let each other duke it out, cause in my opinion thats fair play.

OK that would work in the Hobbsian state of nature… but people have moved beyond the shadows of the cave and modern “superior” individuals are created by their intellect and not the sword.

• If people are hating each other, just make a “post a pic of your cat” thread.  People who like to argue on the internet also seem to love cats and become best friends when they show pictures of them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m