Nation- (and City-) Specific Victory City Markers

• Customizer

Ossel,

––Great Job on the San Francisco City Marker,….well done!

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’m NOT someone who usually asks “WHEN”, or acts like a cheeleader with projects, but:

I’m really getting excited about this project!
    ––As I’ve already experienced the awesome detail that is produced on some Shapeways units and the amazing artwork that ossel is producing,….these City Markers" will really be worth having!

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Just an update, I’ve been hard at work on the next marker, but unfortunately/fortunately my actual work work has gotten busier too, so I haven’t been able to produce at quite the rate I was before. I am still chipping away, and I hope to have another one to share with you guys this afternoon!

• Customizer

Ok, here’s Warsaw!

I ended up using the Carmelite Church of Warsaw as CWO Marc suggested (as seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Warszawa_kościół_pokarmelicki.jpg).

Warsaw1.PNG
    warsaw2.PNG

• Customizer

ossel,

––Nice Work!, again Keep up the good work with whatever time you have available to do so. It’s paying off. It won’t be long until you’ve completed them all and wecan purchase a full set of 'em.

Tall Paul

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@ossel:

Ok, here’s Warsaw!

I ended up using the Carmelite Church of Warsaw as CWO Marc suggested (as seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Warszawa_kościół_pokarmelicki.jpg).

Wow, the Warsaw piece is cool. Can’t wait to see the next piece. :-)

• Superb new marker!  It turned out really well indeed.  Thanks for this latest addition to the collection!

• @CWO:

@P-Unit:

I don’t know if this is relevant, but we use two different colored flags for capital city control in Global games

I like your concept of having joint-nation flags (US/USSR and Japan/Germany), which are potentially usable in various ways, so for the fun of it I’ve just made a couple of them using a different design, based on the five major powers of the classic A&A games.  One is a US/UK/USSR flag and one is a Germany/Japan flag.  I’ve posted them below:

Wow, those are nice. I may upgrade mine to use yours, thanks.

• @P-Unit:

Wow, those are nice. I may upgrade mine to use yours, thanks.

Feel free to do so.  Making them was a fun little project, but if they can be put to actual use then so much the better.  :-)

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’ve been quite busy of late. Is there any new “City Marker” news? IMHO this is not only an exciting but worthwhile project!

Tall Paul

• @Tall:

Guys,
    –-I’ve been quite busy of late. Is there any new “City Marker” news? IMHO this is not only an exciting but worthwhile project!
    Tall PaulÂ

The latest information that I’m aware of dates back to May 16, when Ossel posted the Warsaw marker and said that he hasn’t been able to work on the markers as rapidly as was the case previously because is real-life work had gotten busier.  I don’t know anything else at this point.  Perhaps Ossel can give us an update.

• I have been monitoring this thread as well.  Ossel has blown my mind with his victory city renditions. I too hope we hear from him soon.

• Customizer

Hello All! Things have been fairly busy in my life lately; I usually model these pieces in my down time at work, and frankly there hasn’t been any!

That being said, I’m going to try and knock out the rest of these, as I am anxious to get them out to you guys (and admittedly I want a set for myself as well :-D).

As a reward for your patience, I give you…SHANGHAI!!

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and encouragement. I couldn’t even have gotten as far as I have without your interest and input.

Shanghai1.PNG
    Shanghai2.PNG

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@ossel:

Hello All! Things have been fairly busy in my life lately; I usually model these pieces in my down time at work, and frankly there hasn’t been any!

That being said, I’m going to try and knock out the rest of these, as I am anxious to get them out to you guys (and admittedly I want a set for myself as well :-D).

As a reward for your patience, I give you…SHANGHAI!!

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and encouragement. I couldn’t even have gotten as far as I have without your interest and input.

Ossel, that is one, sweet, looking piece. Very nice, my friend! Good to hear from you again. :-D

• I love the new marker!  I assume it’s the Square Pagoda of Songjiang?  (The other contender, Longhua Pagoda, has octogonal stories rather than square ones, so the marker is either a great representation of the Square Pagoda of Songjiang or a less-than-great representation of the Longhua Pagoda – LOL).  Thanks for the new treat!

• Customizer

ossel,

––Great work on your latest “City Marker”. I’m glad to see this very worthwhile project is continuing, even at a slowed pace. Those “4-letter” words sometimes interfere with stuff,….words like:
    Work, Life, Wife, Kids, TIME, etc., etc., etc. haha. Again, good work and I’ll buy a set when there’re all ready whenever that is,….NO PRESSURE!

Tall Paul

• Looking good.  Thanks for the update

• '14 '13

These are amazing, great job!!

• '14 Customizer

This is brilliant ossel.  Incredible detail and I love the choices you made for the cities.  If your going to sell on Shapeways please include me on the list. I will definitely buy a set.

• Customizer

@Tall:

ossel,

––Great work on your latest “City Marker”. I’m glad to see this very worthwhile project is continuing, even at a slowed pace. Those “4-letter” words sometimes interfere with stuff,….words like:
    Work, Life, Wife, Kids, TIME, etc., etc., etc. haha. Again, good work and I’ll buy a set when there’re all ready whenever that is,….NO PRESSURE!

Tall Paul

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m