• Customizer

Maybe it was just because it was Halloween.  Maybe it was nostalgia. I decided to go look at some seriously old, dead threads as I listened to “Ghost to Ghost AM”. Funny enough I found my old deactivated pre-2008 screen name. It was fun to visit those old threads especially when we just had the old games.

A good time. It was fun. A good “A&A/Halloween” so to speak.

• I have looked at a few WW2 or General Discussion ones on more than one occasion.
    Can I ask what your old identity here was?

• Customizer

Lol there’s not many postings anymore. I’d kind of rather not reveal because it was part of my old email address but it is now blacked out and listed as a guest on here.

• Customizer

Sent you a PM my friend.

• @toblerone77:

It was fun to visit those old threads especially when we just had the old games.

Sounds like great fun.  Did you run into any threads in which people were saying things like “It would be great if the game had this” or “It’s too bad that the game doesn’ have that” about elements which ended up being featured in later games?  (I recall for instance all the complaints about Italy not having any distinct sculpts in Anniversary except for the infantry piece and the tank.)

• Customizer

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

It was fun to visit those old threads especially when we just had the old games.

Sounds like great fun.  Did you run into any threads in which people were saying things like “It would be great if the game had this” or “It’s too bad that the game doesn’ have that” about elements which ended up being featured in later games?  (I recall for instance all the complaints about Italy not having any distinct sculpts in Anniversary except for the infantry piece and the tank.)

Oh most definately sir! I complained about all the sculpts of AA50. Not thier design but quality. I’m lucky to have a copy but I got kind of a lemon when it came to sculpts, there were some sub par casts in there.

I laugh now because I’m so lucky now to even have a copy. I bought one and was planning to buy a second shortly after. Went to the store and they were GONE!

LOL the good old days!

• @toblerone77:

LOL the good old days!

As the famous expression goes, “Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be!”

• Those old thread contain some epic discussions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m