Wizard of the coast is sending out additional playing pieces

• Customizer

I sent an email too. The response was quick and polite and they mentioned they would send more pieces. I was annoyed a bit by them quoting page five about using slips of paper blah blah blah.

I am so far happy with the result as they are supposed to send me more units. I did comment in the feed back that I was helped more than adequately but, that as a long time player of A&A they have come up short a few times in quality and quantity in some editions of the game.

I also mentioned that at the suggested price point I would expect better. I also gave examples from companies like Fantasy Flight Games. They sell games at similar price points a consistently have very high quality materials and plenty of components to play the game.

I was actually happy with the results thus far and quite surprised they offered to send me pieces that should’ve been there in the first place.

• Thanks for the info, just wrote to get mine! :-D

• Sponsor

I can attest that this works!

• WOTC must be getting swamped with unsatisfied customers regarding 1914, the response i got today said that
    “…due to the volume of these types of orders that have been placed over the last few weeks we are currently on backorder to send these items out…”

I was told that i will receive mine as soon as the product becomes available.

Lets hope that the bigwigs over at WOTC learned something, and in the future we need not to jump through hoops just to play a complete game.
    I’m also pleasantly surprised at the response so far, but will hold my fingers crossed untill i actually get something.

• Customizer

@Uncrustable:

WOTC must be getting swamped with unsatisfied customers regarding 1914, the response i got today said that
    “…due to the volume of these types of orders that have been placed over the last few weeks we are currently on backorder to send these items out…”

I was told that i will receive mine as soon as the product becomes available.

Lets hope that the bigwigs over at WOTC learned something, and in the future we need not to jump through hoops just to play a complete game.
    I’m also pleasantly surprised at the response so far, but will hold my fingers crossed untill i actually get something.

Yeah they told me seven to ten business days. I’ll bet a ton of people have asked for these. Someone a while ago emailed them after the game first came out and they told them basically “oh well”.

The only reason I emailed them is because of this thread. I wasn’t too rude but I wasn’t too nice either. Had it not been for this thread I thought they would have just said “too bad, there’s enough pieces”. in a way I did get that response they out of courtesy that they would ship me some extra parts.

I’m sure you’ll get them. You’re right though they probably got swamped. We just might get enough pieces if they ever make a Second Edition.

• '17 '15

GOT mine pieces.Very happy.Been waiting since 22nd of october till today.(living in UK).Plenty of them.

‘’…Thank you so much for your support…‘’

• I am glad for you, Dukla passer. I am in England, so did not think it was worth the bother of asking for them!

• Recieved my pieces yesterday.
    Just in time for an all nighter of 1914!

6 INF, 5 ART, 2 tanks, 2 fighters, 2 subs, 3 cruisers, 3 transports and 2 battleships for each nation.
    Along with 10 dark and 20 light chips of each color

Kudos to WOTC

Maybe in the future they won’t be so cheap with how many pieces they package with their games

• Customizer

Called WOTC again. It appears they are really backed up. I was told mine would be shipped at the end of this week.

• I did the same thing… sent an email about the extra pieces… within an hour had 3 different communications with them and they said I should receive the extra pieces with 5-10 days… just got them today after only 3 days… got a mix of everything including blue and red chips… now it looks like plenty to play with

• '14 '13

Geez, after reading this thread, I’m kinda glad I didn’t rush out to buy AA1914. Not having enough pieces would’ve just pissed me off. I will just stick to G40 for now.

• Customizer

@jluna1273:

Geez, after reading this thread, I’m kinda glad I didn’t rush out to buy AA1914. Not having enough pieces would’ve just pissed me off. I will just stick to G40 for now.

It’s not a bad game. You can play it “as-is”. I’d say buy it as a collector myself. However, it does have some issues. I’m interested more in IL’s WWI game more.

• E-mailed them twice and have been told they are out of stock and don’t know when they will have more in.
    My original request was Nov 8th and these replies are from yesterday.
    :x
    I’m not holding my breath that there will be any more replacement/upgrade packs being shipped out.
    That will teach me to buy before reviews are posted about an A&A game. :-(
    A&A is becoming a 2nd edition purchase company. Sad.
    Robert

• With all the complaints they are getting they’ll prob just scrap 1914 altogether
    Though it is a direct result of WOTC being cheap and lazy…clearly wasn’t play tested well and severely skimped on pieces

I do not think it is playable as is, as by round 3 your about out of several different prices, by round 5 the fun is almost completely sucked out by running out of several different types of pieces constantly

• Customizer

I got mine today. I’ll need to go through them to get an exact count. They were packed loose in a small box but counting just the Germans it looks like they added quite a few sculpts and chips.

• Customizer

I submitted my request earlier this week and mine are on their way.  :-D

So maybe I requested a few more pieces than I actually need for the shortcomings in the OOB game… :roll:

• I called them and talked to Josh and he said it would be 5 to 10 business days. It is at 10 days now curious when they will show.

• Customizer

Great customer service.  They didn’t need to do this.  I am getting my pieces and extra chips in a couple weeks now.

Merry Christmas!

• @jim010:

Great customer service.  They didn’t need to do this.  I am getting my pieces and extra chips in a couple weeks now.

Merry Christmas!

They didn’t need to short us in the first place. Charge highest price of any A&A game, for a game that almost is unplayable OOB. Yes they did need to do this, and it is why they are doing it.

;)

Hopefully they have learned from this mistake.

• Customizer

Still haven’t gotten my pieces…I assume it’s because of the holiday rush, but who knows…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m