Hall of Shame - tales of the worst dice ever

• Anyone beat this?

1111.PNG

• '19 '18

@MagicQ:

Anyone beat this?

Hey, that was in your playoff match against me, just a couple of hours ago :-)

Didn’t even look at the numbers (I usually only look at the casualty result in such unimportant battles). Fun to see! :-)

• In one game i had CV with 2 fighters (uk) and cruiser and destroyer (fr)
    Italy attacked me with bomber, 2 fighter, tac, battleship, destroyer
    so he attacked with 3d4, 2d3 and 1d2
    i defended 2d4, 1 d3, 2d2

after first round no one had a hit.  :-D

• Official Q&A

This is an old one from the original Pacific game on the Days of Infamy site.  It down to the wire, and all I had to do was SBR Japan for at least 10 IPCs to reduce its victory point total by 1, as Japan could not earn any more points.  I thought 10 bombers should be enough…

Game # 5169 - China/US 7 - Sun Nov 25 11:29:25 EST 2001

Comment: SBR

Japan rnd 1 SBR: 10 Bmb vs. 5 Ftr AA
    AA SBR Defenders SBR Bomb Damage
    10 AA:4516141613 5 ftr:2321*4 3 Bmb:121
    Total Hits: 4 Total Hits: 3 Total Damage: 4

• I had one a couple weeks ago. Playing Germany, I attacked 2 UK destroyers and 1 cruiser with 4 fighters and 2 strategic bombers.
    I won that fight with 1 bomber left. Took me 3 rounds to get the 3 hits I needed.

Also had an amusing incident when playing a game of classic A&A, where transports are not defenseless. USA attacked 1 German transport with 1 fighter. Transport won. Then UK attacked the transport with a bomber. Transport won.
    Then the German player used that transport to take over Brazil. It was highly embarrassing.

• 1914. G1.

German high seas fleet attacks Royal Navy.  All ships hit mines. Battle commences as one wounded battleship against the British Main fleet. It misses.

'Jed

• '15 '14

This happened a couple of minutes ago. My hands are still shaking, my pulse is increased and I seriously think of never playing again that game.
    The odds on the battles for me to win were:
    Germany: 63% (I would say the odds to survive with 6 units remaining are at 5% maybe)
    Bulgaria: 88%
    Burma: 88% (I would say 2 survivors is ~worst 3-5%)
    Not losing Bomber in Ukraine: ~65%
    Kaz: ~75% to kill the Inf, losing the tac was tilt, I missclicked, I could not control my hands in that moment

This is BY FAR the worst thing that happened in A&A in my life and there was nothing not even close to that in 1 round.

@JDOW:

Combat - British
                Battle in Germany
                    British attack with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 5 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans defend with 2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major and 10 infantry
                        AA fire in Germany :  1/4 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the British lost in Germany
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 cruiser in Germany, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 5 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Germany, round 2 :  3/11 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 10 infantry in Germany, round 2 :  5/11 hits
                        5 infantry owned by the British , 2 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 aaGuns owned by the Germans lost in Germany
                        British roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 mech_infantry in Germany, round 3 :  3/6 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 8 infantry in Germany, round 3 :  7/9 hits
                        1 bomber owned by the British , 1 armour owned by the British , 3 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 mech_infantry owned by the British , 1 artillery owned by the British and 2 fighters owned by the British lost in Germany
                    Germans win with 1 artillery and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -46
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 aaGuns and 5 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 5 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                Battle in Burma
                    British attack with 1 artillery and 4 infantry
                    Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 4 infantry in Burma, round 2 :  0/5 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 2 :  1/3 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the British lost in Burma
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Burma, round 3 :  0/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 3 :  1/3 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 4 :  0/3 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 4 :  1/3 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Burma, round 5 :  0/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 5 :  1/3 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery in Burma, round 6 :  1/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Burma, round 6 :  1/3 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 artillery owned by the British lost in Burma
                    Japanese win with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -13
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 4 infantry
                Battle in Ukraine
                    British attack with 3 bombers
                    Germans defend with 1 factory_minor and 1 mech_infantry
                        British roll dice for 3 bombers in Ukraine, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Ukraine, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 bomber owned by the British and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine
                    British win with 2 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -8
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 bomber
                Battle in Kazakhstan
                    British attack with 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                        British roll dice for 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kazakhstan, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kazakhstan, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 mech_infantry owned by the British lost in Kazakhstan
                        British roll dice for 1 tactical_bomber in Kazakhstan, round 3 :  1/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kazakhstan, round 3 :  1/1 hits
                        1 tactical_bomber owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Kazakhstan
                    Japanese win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -12
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Battle in Bulgaria
                    British attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 infantry
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 3 :  0/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 4 :  0/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 4 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery in Bulgaria, round 5 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 5 :  0/1 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 artillery in Bulgaria, round 6 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 6 :  1/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                    Germans win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -7
                    Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

• '19 '18

I feel you, bro.

• @JDOW:

The odds on the battles for me to win were:
    Germany: 63% (I would say the odds to survive with 6 units remaining are at 5% maybe)

That’s not what I get.
    6 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 armor, 3 fighters, 1 bomber, cruiser, battleship
    v.
    2 AA, 10 infantry, 1 artillery

Must take territory
    62%

Chance of Germany surviving with 5 infantry and 1 artillery or more:
    11.5%

You weren’t TOO far off…  :-)

• That IS a really horrible round, JDOW, thanks for thinking of this thread and sharing it here.

As for giving up the game, well, you haven’t let enough time pass since “the incident” to cool down and forget some of the awfulness.  :-)

• '17

I think bombardment bumps it to 60% (dskelly is bugging out on me now though).

• Thank you for pointing that out - I had been going by the first line only

Edited previous post - chance of 5 infantry and 1 art remaining is 11.5%, a bit higher than the 5% that JDOW guessed

• '15 '14

Okay, got me about the Germany battle and of course a 62% battle can fail. However failing in all 5 battles (losing a bomb in Ukraine = failing) has a chance of 0,03% (~1:2900) to me.
    Bulgaria and, Ukraine and Kazasachstan are not game changes in general, but Burma was very very bad + the combination of losing all Air in Germany.

So I consider this as 11,5% Germany * 12% Burma = 1,4% + some very annoying additional shit!

• Agreed, that was a real stinker of a round, and was very appropriate to post here.

Misery loves company!  That’s one of the purposes of this thread  :-)

• @Gamerman01:

This is a thread for posting your hard luck stories in A&A.
    It is multipurpose.  Misery loves company.  This can be a place to go after enduring a disappointing dicing, so that you can remember that you are not alone.  We all love competing, and this includes having the worst bad luck story, so this is a bit of a competition as well.

I’ll kick off.

The most memorable bad dice battle I’ve had was in AA50.  I attacked 3 USA tanks in CUS from WUS with Japan with 13 tanks.
    All 13 of my tanks missed.  All 3 of his hit.  (Order was restored after that)
    That’s 16 coin flips going against me all at once, 1 chance in 65,536.
    That’s a 0.0015% chance.

I also got hit by 4/5 AA fire in AA50 with UK attacking 2 German territories.  That was all the air I had, so my attack power for future turns was decimated.  Fortunately my opponent continued to make bad decisions and I won anyway, but I remember this dicing.

Those aren’t very good stories because they didn’t even cost me a game.  I’m sure you have endured worse (as have I, but I don’t remember EVERYTHING).

So…… tell us how you were horribly diced.  And let this be a rest haven for war-weary A&A aficionados who’ve just been handed their butts by the hardest opponent ever.  The dice.

Seems appropriate to quote myself now…  :-)

• @JDOW:

However failing in all 5 battles … … has a chance of 0,03% (~1:2900) to me.

If it helps at all, as I pointed out in the opening post for this thread, I did see a 1:65,636 event  8-)

• Worst dice in a game I’ve seen was one I played about six months ago but thankfully I was on the side of luck with this.  This battle destroyed the German lines and made Russia unstoppable and gave the allies the win.  While nowhere near as epic for what you guys had in terms of numbers, this was a huge game changer because Japan and Germany were doing so well.  I was just fortunate to get that Middle East money which was the only reason I was able to compete.  When Russia can roll about 45-50% everytime, you know German blood is going to fill the streets!

Battle in Russia
                    Germans attack with 33 armour, 8 artilleries, 4 bombers, 6 fighters, 30 infantry and 10 tactical_bombers
                    Russians defend with 4 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 15 armour, 13 artilleries, 1 factory_major, 3 fighters, 59 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                        AA guns fire in Russia :  1/12 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                        Germans roll dice for 33 armour, 8 artilleries, 4 bombers, 5 fighters, 30 infantry and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 1 :  39/90 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 4 aaGuns, 15 armour, 13 artilleries, 3 fighters, 59 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Russia, round 1 :  40/91 hits
                        35 infantry owned by the Russians , 30 infantry owned by the Germans , 2 armour owned by the Germans , 8 artilleries owned by the Germans and 4 aaGuns owned by the Russians lost in Russia
                        Germans roll dice for 31 armour, 4 bombers, 5 fighters and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 2 :  32/50 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 15 armour, 13 artilleries, 3 fighters, 24 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Russia, round 2 :  24/56 hits
                        24 infantry owned by the Russians , 24 armour owned by the Germans and 8 artilleries owned by the Russians lost in Russia
                        Germans roll dice for 7 armour, 4 bombers, 5 fighters and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 3 :  9/26 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 15 armour, 5 artilleries, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in Russia, round 3 :  12/24 hits
                        4 armour owned by the Russians , 6 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans , 1 armour owned by the Germans , 5 artilleries owned by the Russians and 5 fighters owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 4 bombers and 4 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 4 :  7/14 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 11 armour, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in Russia, round 4 :  10/15 hits
                        7 armour owned by the Russians , 4 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans and 6 armour owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    retreated to Russia
                    Russians win with 4 armour, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -175
                    Casualties for Germans: 33 armour, 8 artilleries, 6 fighters, 30 infantry and 10 tactical_bombers
                    Casualties for Russians: 4 aaGuns, 11 armour, 13 artilleries and 59 infantry

• Ok…Karma’s a bitch…98-99% chance of winning…
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32617.60

Battle in 46 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 3 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 5 fighters, 3 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    ANZAC defend with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 2 transports; Americans defend with 1 battleship, 3 carriers, 3 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans , 3 carriers owned by the Americans and 1 carrier owned by the ANZAC
                    Units damaged: 2 carriers owned by the Japanese and 2 battleships owned by the Japanese
                    Americans win with 1 battleship and 2 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is -84
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 3 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 5 fighters, 3 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 2 fighters
                    Casualties for Americans: 3 carriers, 3 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber

• '17

Flawless 2-round strafe on Transjordan. My British whiff 12@2 and 2@3.

Only a 0.01% chance of Italians escaping with no casualties.

@Me1945:

Combat Move - Italians
                Battle in Trans-Jordan
                    Italians attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                        Italians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Trans-Jordan, round 2 :  2/8 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Trans-Jordan, round 2 :  0/8 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the British lost in Trans-Jordan
                        Italians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Trans-Jordan, round 3 :  4/8 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Trans-Jordan, round 3 :  0/6 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the British and 2 mech_infantrys owned by the British lost in Trans-Jordan
                    1 artillery owned by the Italians and 4 infantry owned by the Italians retreated to Iraq
                    British win with 1 armour and 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 20
                    Casualties for British: 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys

• 98/9% to win

Battle in Holland Belgium
                    Germans attack with 1 armour, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Americans defend with 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  0/5 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 :  0/4 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 :  1/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Holland Belgium, round 4 :  1/3 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 4 :  2/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour in Holland Belgium, round 5 :  0/1 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 5 :  1/1 hits
                        1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                    Americans win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -16
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 armour, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry

My 3’s are amazing.  This seems to happen a bit, though usually in China.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m