Revised & Updated: Cliffside Bunker House Rules (G40)

• I am not fond of Tech(because I am a poor loser and my opponent gets better ones), otherwise I like your House Rules.
    I seriously think the US needs more At War Income, so War Bonds do it for me. Otherwise, Japan needs to lose more Air from set up. They wrongly become too powerful compared to (the obviously industrial mighty) US.

• Sponsor

I have modified my first post to include more analysis… check it out.

• Customizer

I’m marking this interesting thread so I can study it when I have more time.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

@Young:

I totally understand your method, I have adopted and created many modifications myself about technology because it’s a very blank canvas for rule inventors. However, after trying many things… I realized that the root problem was that R&D was not being used at all… period. So I stepped away from all the weapons I was trying to invent and went back to basics. Thats how the 1 free research roll came about and now we have games with research attempts leading to original technologies that don’t overpower the game.

If you’re interested in looking at one of my more elaborate research & development ideas… check out this thread I made a while ago.

http://iwngu.com/wordpress/forums/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=45

Really, really, like some of these rules YG!

• Sponsor

@toblerone77:

@Young:

I totally understand your method, I have adopted and created many modifications myself about technology because it’s a very blank canvas for rule inventors. However, after trying many things… I realized that the root problem was that R&D was not being used at all… period. So I stepped away from all the weapons I was trying to invent and went back to basics. Thats how the 1 free research roll came about and now we have games with research attempts leading to original technologies that don’t overpower the game.

If you’re interested in looking at one of my more elaborate research & development ideas… check out this thread I made a while ago.

http://iwngu.com/wordpress/forums/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=45

Really, really, like some of these rules YG!

Thanks, if you’re talking about the R&D house rules using Strategic Complexes… I admit that I used someone’s previous idea about laboratories as a template, and then all I did was inject it with steroids. Many of the developed weapon ideas however, were my own.

• Sponsor

We have one player in our group that feels that the house rule set as a whole makes the allies to strong. However, since we have been using them, we have had 2 wins for the axis, and 2 draws. The extra brit fighter, American war bonds income, and Russian stall tactic does seem a lot more than the standard $12-14 bid system. However, there are no units interfering with the opening axis strategies, which are a great contributor to the imbalance… what do you guys think?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Nice work with the video!

I think the biggest bump to the allies is the Russian winter, especially against a fast German barbarossa because it might just be enough for the Siberians to make it in to Moscow (just like the real war!).

• Sponsor

@variance:

Nice work with the video!

I think the biggest bump to the allies is the Russian winter, especially against a fast German barbarossa because it might just be enough for the Siberians to make it in to Moscow (just like the real war!).

I have not yet played Russia in our group games since we began using the rules, but I would have chosen to use it a couple of rounds later than it was for sure. I think the Russia winter rule is equal in value to the war bonds for the US, or the Brit fighter for that matter. Only when you put the rule in place during your own games will you see that it’s definitely not a game changer, but who knows… there seems to be a lot of discussion on the strategy of when to use it. Maybe when used in a better situation, it will have a greater impact… so far, it hasn’t stopped the Germans from surrounding Russia in our games… but at least it happens later than it used to.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I think if I was playing Germany with the Russian Winter rule I might opt for the sloe (infantry/artillery) approach rather than the  (tank/mech & SBR) approach.

• Sponsor

Bumped due to changes made to original post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m