• '12

@ghr2:

Pretend we are all too dumb to think of it ourselves.  What loophole in particular?

One possibility is that a country about to lose their capital makes their last buy but doesn’t place it.  Then the units sit in limbo until the capital is liberated- at which point you get replacement units on the map one turn faster than you would otherwise.  Not anything I would call a game-breaking exploit.

• I guess you could potentially spend money on units you couldn’t place right before you know your capital is going to be taken meaning less money for the person sacking it.  I don’t think this would be significant enough to be considered the aforementioned “terrible loophole”

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Like if USA liberates London or Calcutta

• Customizer

@elzario:

I guess you could potentially spend money on units you couldn’t place right before you know your capital is going to be taken meaning less money for the person sacking it.  I don’t think this would be significant enough to be considered the aforementioned “terrible loophole”

Yeah, I thought of that possibility. Like say Moscow is totally surrounded by German units and Russia somehow has $20 to spend but perhaps can’t really buy any infantry because thier factory is bombed to the max. So they go and buy a battleship which of course can’t be placed by a land-locked IC so it is “held in limbo” until Russia manages to get an IC by the ocean. However, in reality, next round Germany takes Moscow and the battleship in limbo is simply lost so Russia can say “Ha ha, there’s 20 IPCs you won’t get from me.”

• TripleA

@Europe:

In the event that you purchased more units than you can
    actually mobilize due to production limitations, you must
    return the over-produced units to the box (your choice of
    units), and the cost of the units is reimbursed to you.

i never noticed this rule before. it opens up an interesting overpurchase tactic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m