TripleA 1.6.1.4 stable is released for Christmas 2012!

• Customizer

Merry Christmas from TripleA

**TripleA 1.6.1.4 is out!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/stable/
    or: http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA/**

Besides a load of small bug fixes, I have been working on some major new features:

1. Support for new and totally different Map Skins.  
    This includes a skin I made for Global 1940 that looks just like ABattlemap!

2. A new Map Creator is being included with TripleA.
    The map maker now has a full tutorial for how to make a Map Skin, along with improved instructions for each step of the way.

3. Added a new “Tab” to the right side of the screen, called Objectives Tab.
    The objectives tab will display all National Objectives and other condition based things.  You will have to update your maps to see the feature, and not all maps have the text file that displays this tab (though it is easy to make the text file for it, so bug the map maker if your fav map doesn’t have it).

4. New keyboard shortcuts:
    Press “I” to show a popup containing info on whatever unit or territory your mouse is currently hovering over.
    Press “N” during combat-move or non-combat-move phases to cycle to the next territory containing units that have movement left (you should never have to forget about that russian submarine now!).
    Press “WASD” or the Arrow Keys, to move around the map.

5. Added support for “UPnP” (universal plug and play) on Routers.  This means that if your router supports UPNP, triplea will automatically do port forwarding for you (online games).
    Should make it easier to host games live online.

6. Support for custom Sounds, and tons of new Sounds added!
    Sounds can now be customized per map, so that you can have horses galloping for blitzing a territory in Napoleonic Empires, and tank movements for blitzing a territory in any ww2 game.
    A ton more “sound locations” added, meaning more places for sounds to be played.  And a lot more sounds added to the engine (like sounds for air battles, etc).

7. Lots more, see a full list of the changes here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/TripleA-1-6-1-4-Stable-has-been-released-tp7582324.html

I’m damn excited about this update, and I hope you guys are too!

Don’t forget to support TripleA:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27120.0
    https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=44492

thanks,
    veqryn

First picture shows how to change map skins:

Click the “View” menu.
    Then click “Map Skins”
    Then select which skin you want to use.

It will only show you which skins you have downloaded, so you must download both skins for this to work:

original map skin:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/World War II Global.zip

battlemap skin:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/World War II Global-battlemap_skin.zip

The second picture attached below shows off 3 things:
    1. The new Map Skin for ABattleMap style Axis and Allies Global 1940 2nd Edition online on TripleA.
    2. The new Objectives tab (visible on the right side) showing you which objectives are currently met, etc.
    3. The new “Info” popup.  My mouse was over the Infantry in Somaliland, so the popup is showing info about infantry, and about Somaliland.
    The image is shrunken by 50% so that I can upload it here.  So it will be a lot bigger, and clearer, when actually play.

global_1940_abattlemap_halfsize.png

• That sounds awesome. Thank you! I am looking forward to the new release!
    :-)

• '13

Looks fantastic…cannot wait to see it and paly it.

• '13

Will sea zone 33 in Anniversary be fixed? You can land troops in Italian Africa in TripleA, however, the two do not actually connect.

• '12

Donation made.  I am looking forward to the new release.  With regard to the bug fixes, any luck with the combat window that occasionally fails to open?

• Customizer

unknown, i was not aware of this.  can you send me a screenshot of the board at that location (not triplea, the actual board).

moralecheck, the battlewindow has never failed to open for me, on my windows and my linux computers, for local, pbem, and online games.  it seems to be very very very rare, and maybe something to do with the java on the person’s computer, and not triplea.  unfortunately without a more reproduceable situation, i can not figure out what if anything is wrong.

• TripleA '12

Wow, thanks Veqryn. I will be updating my TripleA soon. I love the new map skin but I’m not too keen on those sprites - are they from Battlemap? I prefer the normal TripleA ones.

• '13

@Veqryn:

unknown, i was not aware of this.  can you send me a screenshot of the board at that location (not triplea, the actual board).

I actually read where someone else posted the discrepancy in a thread about TripleA vs. Battlemap. On the Battlemap map, the sea zone 33 border lines up with the border between Italian Africa and Rhodesia.

• @Veqryn:

Please check your PM, Veqryn.

• Customizer

i’ll fix it then, thx for the proof panther,
    also, do not forget that triplea is separate from the “maps”, so it is not a fault with triplea if a map is not done correctly, but a fault of the maker of the specific map (and it can be easily fixed in the map zip too)

i’m surprised noone noticed that sz before

• @Veqryn:

Me too, it is quite strange that after years of playing with those maps there are still issues coming up.
    Noone to blame, I did not notice it before, either.

• '13

@Veqryn:

i’ll fix it then, thx for the proof panther,
    also, do not forget that triplea is separate from the “maps”, so it is not a fault with triplea if a map is not done correctly, but a fault of the maker of the specific map (and it can be easily fixed in the map zip too)

Thanks…and thanks to you and all who work on it for TripleA!

• TripleA '12

Guys, are the sprites shown in the screenshot that Veqryn posted optional or have they now replaced the normal/exisiting ones? Thank you.

• Customizer

it is a new map skin, meaning that it is a “extra way to look at a map”
    the original map skin is not going away, and it is still the default

• TripleA '12

Okay thanks, and so I take it then that the funny looking sprites go with that skin? I would like to use the skin but not the sprites, if that’s possible?

• Customizer

yes, but you’ll need to unzip the skin (then get rid of the zip), and then copy and paste the unit images from the original skin over to the new skin.  then change the unit image size to 48x48 in the map.properties file, and re-run the autoplacement picker.  very easy to do, and there is a tutorial showing you how to do this kind of stuff here: http://tripleamaps.sourceforge.net/old/doc/map_and_map_skin_making_overview.html

• Thank you for updating WW2v3 to Version 1.6 today. In the game-xml I noticed something new in the American/Chinese turn sequence:

The stepProperty name “skipPosting” and “turnSummaryPlayers…value:…”
    are new and indicate a new behaviour regarding the turn summary posts.

I tested this in TripleA 1.6.1.2 but it had no effect there.

Is this someting new we can expect with TripleA 1.6.1.4?

• Customizer

yes

what will happen is that the chinese and americans will get combined into a single post
    i also updated global 1940 so that both uk’s are combined

will see the effect with the new release

• Great, thanks!  :-)

• @Veqryn:

yes

what will happen is that the chinese and americans will get combined into a single post
    i also updated global 1940 so that both uk’s are combined

will see the effect with the new release

I tested this in WW2v3 and TripleA 1.6.1.4.
    Awesome!
    Thank you again! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m