Tigerman's Barbarossa Game now at HBG

• @Variable:

Tigerman is not quite through with the advanced setups. They will be released after a bit when setups are finalized and playtesting is done.

Thanks, Variable.  I thought maybe my download didn’t go right.  Can’t wait to see the advance set up.

• Here’s the setup for the map. I just used the french troops in Finland for now. Sorry forgot. Going to use trucks on top of chips (quanity) for supply and oil.

Barab map & chrim,kaley 010.jpg

• '14

I got the advanced setups to variable for review. Hopefully we will have this posted sometime in January!  Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated in a PM.

• '10

Has anyone made a larger weather chart for this Barbarossa game? The one on the map is a bit small.

• '10

This is my first setup on HBGs Barbarossa map.

IMAG0004.JPG

• '10

Minor axis units.

IMAG0008.JPG

• '10

View of German units facing off against the Russian border defense. Looks like a wipeout ready to happen. Launch date for Barbarossa is 01/03/13.

IMAG0027.JPG

• '10

Russia will need to build up fast!

IMAG0020.JPG

• That looks like my setup!!!  LOL  Let us know how it goes.

• Do you have to have plexiglass for the map?Is the image on the vinyl durable?Interested in this game

• i have A&a 1941,1940 se and europe.Would that be enough pieces to play?

• '10

@sturmmorser2000:

Do you have to have plexiglass for the map?Is the image on the vinyl durable?Interested in this game

The map should be very durable. The plexiglass helps to hold any map from moving and flattens out any curling in paper or vinyl. It also gives you a hard flat surface so your units will stand up better. No more valleys like the folding maps have.

• '10

@sturmmorser2000:

i have A&a 1941,1940 se and europe.Would that be enough pieces to play?

You could play a very basic game. You can use Italian units if you have them for all the axis minors. For the advanced game you will need supply tokens, trucks, transport aircraft, heavy tanks, SP artillery, tank destroyers, 12 sided dice and aircraft movement tokens. Also play money if you dont want to keep track of IPCs with paper and pencil.

• '10

It is obvious that all Russian border units will be wiped out on the first turn. So during the Russian combat movement phase can they pull out or are they locked into combat once the axis has moved into their zone? I am thinking the Russians cannot pull out until the retreat phase of the second round of combat. (If there are any survivors) I asked this question here so that others can see the answer.

IMAG0013.JPG

• Customizer

Looks very interesting.

“Tall Paul”

• '10

I was thinking that there would be more interest in this game. I have been seeing posts dating back several years by members wanting a Russian front game. I do not see much activity on BGG either. Where are all the players that expressed interest in this type of game?

• I will say something…

That map has too many territories and too many pieces. It looks too crowded. It looks like it would take 2 hours just to roll out the battles and that 2/3 of the pieces are gone on turn 1.

That does not look fun to play and for those reasons i summarize, people were not looking in that direction for an eastern front style game.

Just being candid, my map/game is not better. It has to look like something larry would design, and he always goes for simple maps.

• '10

@Imperious:

I will say something…

That map has too many territories and too many pieces. It looks too crowded. It looks like it would take 2 hours just to roll out the battles and that 2/3 of the pieces are gone on turn 1.

That does not look fun to play and for those reasons i summarize, people were not looking in that direction for an eastern front style game.

Just being candid, my map/game is not better. It has to look like something larry would design, and he always goes for simple maps.

I intend to find out when we play our first game this coming thursday. My first thoughts when setting this game up were that the map probably needs to be 50 % larger. The zones on the Russian border are very crowded. The first turn will take more time than most of the others. There will be details to work out or house rule. We will start do find these when we play the first game.

• '14

@Fishmoto37:

It is obvious that all Russian border units will be wiped out on the first turn. So during the Russian combat movement phase can they pull out or are they locked into combat once the axis has moved into their zone? I am thinking the Russians cannot pull out until the retreat phase of the second round of combat. (If there are any survivors) I asked this question here so that others can see the answer.

When a side attacks the battle is rolled out until one side is destroyed or the attackers retreat. The defender can retreat after the attacker rolls but with no defending roll. Also I see a need that if the defender retreats during a battle that those units cannot move for the remainder of the turn. Simulate moral loss.  I hope this answers your question! sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

• '14

The zones are crowded in the beginning but it thins out as the game progrsses….I think we are all use to that, lol.  I tend to lean towards epic games and that may be my downfall. I can understand how the sheer # of units used may turn off some players. We have had some feed back on the game and are in the process of making some really good revisions to help the game progress smooth and hopefully cut off some time.  I love games that take 5-6 hours !!!  Thats just me!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m