• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I will be the first to acknowledge player error due to player inexperience.

MrGreeen has been schooling me in trippleA on the boards.  I am half way competent on it now.  I know trippleA is the future.  I want it to be better……

• Customizer

another screen below.

as you can see, triplea can do what battlemap does: be zoomed out

it all depends on how the person is making the map, makes the map

if he starts out with a map of the world that is zoomed out, then you will get a finished product that is zoomed out

and even if every single map is too zoomed in for someone’s taste, they can always make a map skin for it, very easily, as I just did for global (using the battlemap’s map)

triplea_battlemap_2.png

• Customizer

And i fixed USA so that the west and east sides would actually line up.  Whoever made this AbattleMap map… man I want slap for not making the sides line up.  That seriously took a long time to fix.

triplea_battlemap_fixed_usa.jpg

• '16 '15 '10

@Gargantua:

I will only say that it’s easier to plan moves in battlemap.  Because you can jump to/through any phase and do anything you want at any time without having to click through a turn order.

IMO it’s faster and easier to plan ahead using TripleA because I can do practice runs in Local Game mode before deciding on the actual move.

On the advantages of TripleA over the competition….

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/10-reasons-to-try-triplea-for-games/

• TripleA '12

Veqryn, is there any way to slow down the data flow in the combat screen when a battle is unfolding? I just find it all happens a bit too fast for me to keep track of… Thank you very much.

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

Veqryn, is there any way to slow down the data flow in the combat screen when a battle is unfolding? I just find it all happens a bit too fast for me to keep track of… Thank you very much.

triplea forces you to click before moving onto the next step in combat

if you want to slow it down, wait a bit before clicking

i am not sure what else you can mean…

• TripleA '12

Thanks, Veqryn. Sorry if I wasn’t being clear. I meant that the way the dice results and casualties are shown - it all happens within split seconds and then disappears and moves on to the next step. It just happens a bit too fast for me to take in… do you know what I mean?

• Customizer

I does not move until you click.  So no, I don’t understand.  Just slow down your clicking.

• TripleA '12

It’s got nothing to do with my clicking. Say it’s my turn and I am the attacker: I click on the embattled territory and the combat sequence begins immediately. Within 1 or 2 seconds, all the attacking units have fired (AI selects casualties), then all defending units fire back. I am then required to select casualties of my own, I do this and then click to proceed to the 2nd combat round. The sentence in bold is where I’m finding things to move too fast to take in. Is there any way to slow it down? I cannot easily see which units have scored hits because all the dice are thrown simultaneously.

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

It’s got nothing to do with my clicking. Say it’s my turn and I am the attacker: I click on the embattled territory and the combat sequence begins immediately. Within 1 or 2 seconds, all the attacking units have fired (AI selects casualties), then all defending units fire back. I am then required to select casualties of my own, I do this and then click to proceed to the 2nd combat round. The sentence in bold is where I’m finding things to move too fast to take in. Is there any way to slow it down? I cannot easily see which units have scored hits because all the dice are thrown simultaneously.

If you play against a human, they will not respond so quickly.  Also make sure the option “confirm enemy casualties” is selected, so that you have to click to confirm that you see the enemies casualty selection before moving forward.

You should start playing humans more.  The AI is just a novelty, and is really just for beta-testing maps and for completely new players to test a few games on.

• TripleA '12

Ah, okay thanks. Didn’t realise that.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Hey Veqryn, you may be glad to know that I am almost full time TrippleA now… I eat my own words I guess.  I still like battlemap and will play it, but the tide is too strong…  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m