Historically accurate setup

• Very good point Keodis

Does anyone even have a rough outline of a nation by nation D-12 combat values chart?

• IL made one long time ago. i posted it here. check page 3 or 4

• Germany:
    Holland/Belgium: 12 inf, 1 mech, 5 tank, 1 SS mech
    Western Germany: 4 inf , 1 SS mech <– possibly was located in Germany not western.
    Denmark: 1 inf
    Norway: 1 inf
    Poland: 2 inf
    Greater Southern Germany: 1 inf
    Germany: 4 inf

There is no Wehrmacht/keer info on slovakia or hungary. Unless you are 100% sure the units you posted that are located there are correct.
    I have information on Luftwaffe #'s but no location information!!!

• so right now, im done european sides of USA, UK (some tweaking still going on), italy, france (except for mainland france), Germany is half done,

http://ww2total.com/WW2/History/Orders-of-Battle/Russia/Red-Army-1939.htm  site dont give much info on russia. and theres alot less info on russia then any other site. i think they are going to take a while.

once im done everything on the european side. ill post it. then go to pacific side ( pacific should be quick i trust IL’s sources )

then onto rules, dice and other stuff.

• There is no Wehrmacht/keer info on slovakia or hungary

Hungary will not have German forces at this point. Slovakia might have 1-2 INF.

• ok ill add the inf.

im going to use the grand total chart for the battle of france part of this link to setup the luftwaffe

http://sturmvogel.orbat.com/Aug40.html#5/40

do i only use what they had “on hand”?

and just to make sure, is Jagdgruppen or Kampfgruppen fighter planes? i know stuka would be tacbombers and i think Zerstörergruppen is bombers but i am unsure.

• do i only use what they had “on hand”?

For the aggregate totals by type yes.

and just to make sure, is Jagdgruppen or Kampfgruppen fighter planes? i know stuka would be tacbombers and i think Zerst�rergruppen is bombers but i am unsure.

These are German vernacular for groups of planes… e.g. “squadrons”.  To determine of it goes in category: Fighters, Fighter-bomber, or Bomber, look at the plane type listed.

• im going to use the grand total chart for the battle of france part of this link to setup the luftwaffe

http://sturmvogel.orbat.com/Aug40.html#5/40

Yes but note that is only for France campaign, they had other planes allocated to all the other areas they control.

• sorry to say. I was able to get Usa, Uk, italy, and france done in only a couple hours. But ive spent 6 hours alone on just trying to find locational info on the luftwaffe, and yesterday i decided to skip the luftwaffe and go for russia.

There were many other site for accurate info on the other countries, but when it came to the luftwaffe and russia as a whole, its extremely hard to find.
    If anyone has hard info not on the net or had links to sites that dont come up with normal searches, it would be greatly appreciated.

in the mean time im going to revise post setups and possibly move to the pacific side of the board.

thx everyone

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL…

I can’t wait to see this finished result.

• whats the LOL for?

and ive taken a break if u guys cant tell lmfao.

probably until info on the luftwaffe and russia turns up so i can finish em.

• Im working on a 1939 map file to compliment the data. However, some of the area names on the map will be changed ( to be Historical). Once you got the setup complete, you should look at changes to how units rate by nation and study the positional situation, looking for problems where due to the turn sequence some nations might have an unfair advantage.

Secondly, I will change the IPC values somewhat from data i have from author Mark Harrison ( he wrote The Economies of World War Two) so they are more realistic. I would work on the national unit value list ( using d12) and employing all the HBG units ( well most of them). ON a whole the changes would not be drastic.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Anyone have access to naval ports and airfields during WW2 1936-1945?

• access to naval ports and airfields during WW2 1936-1945?

What do you mean? locations?

The list for airfields would be nearly 1,200
    Ports perhaps 250

Perhaps the main military ports and main airfields?

• Just ordered the Maddison book. I have a plug in value in mind that i feel best emulates the IPC values and how they were applied to AA games.

• here is a 2009 post from me at HGD: ( note this applies to when AA50 came out)

All you have to do to extrapolate these GDP numbers is to divide the GDP by 15

using 1941 numbers:
    Axis: 911 divided by 15= 60.73

Allies: 1798 divided by 15= 119.86

IN AA50 the axis are at 60 total

IN AA50 the allies are at 112 total

This is why the game is somewhat accurate, and the balancing is all force projection with the advantage going to the axis, and the US and UK player facing the commitment of their forces all over the map.

For 1940 you have to make additional considerations because the game will have say 50% more territories than AA50, so the number you divide will be smaller and the total will be greater in the game so that you don’t have too many worthless territories.

So lets do June 4th, 1940:

Germany: 387, plus Poland 76.6, Czecho-Slovakia 30.3, Netherlands 44.5, Belgium 39.6, Norway 11.6, Denmark 20.9, Austria 27=637.5

42.5 IPC

Italy:147 = 9.8 IPC

Japan: 192= 12.8 IPC

Allies:
    USA: 943
    US colonies: 23.9
    Total: 966.9= 64.4 IPC

UK: 316
    UK colonies 14.4
    Total 330.4= 22 IPC

France 82
    French colonies 10.9
    Total 92.9= 6.2 IPC

USSR 417
    Baltic states 12.9
    Total 429.9= 28.6 IPC

Now you have to account for peace time status vs. total war mobilization for both USA and USSR. The amount of GDP used for wartime purposes was at least twice as great for the current belligerents than neutrals. So i would put USA and USSR at 50% rate with the difference going to domestic purposes.

So problem solved. Game balanced unless your trying to make the game unhistorical with notions that the axis had ZERO chance to win, which is a bogus argument even by economics.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m