Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• @Boldfresh:

@Uncrustable:

USA amphibious assaults an island with a enemy transport in the seazone.
    USA is attacking with a fighter a cruiser and a transport with 2 infantry.
    There are no enemy ships other than 1 Japanese transport.

Can USA attack the transport with the fighter and bombard with the cruiser?
    Or does it have to let the transport live in order to bombard?
    Or does the transport prevent the bombard?

If u kill the trn u cannot bombard.  Let the trn live and you can bombard.

Oh the horror  :-o

• Can China declare war? (on Germany or Italy)

Or can German/Italian units enter Axis territories in China, thereby making those territories completely immune to Chinese attack while the G/I units are there (assuming G/I never declared war on China)?

• Official Q&A

China can declare war on a European Axis power if one of those powers either declares war on China or moves units into a territory into which Chinese units are allowed to move.

• Oh!  Glad I asked, thanks - so fast

• USA turn 3, Japan just declared war on UK and ANZAC.
    USA declares war on Japan and attacks Japanese transports in SZ19 (Off Okinawa) with a single bomber from Hawaii.

Would there be any reason that USA would not be allowed to land said bomber in Russian controlled Amur?
    I ask because tripleA refuses the move to Amur, but not the attack on the SZ.
    Pretty sure its just a bug, but want to make sure.

• '17

The USSR and Japan must be at war with each other in order to allow US planes to land in Soviet territory on the Pacific map.

• @Uncrustable:

USA turn 3, Japan just declared war on UK and ANZAC.
    USA declares war on Japan and attacks Japanese transports in SZ19 (Off Okinawa) with a single bomber from Hawaii.

Would there be any reason that USA would not be allowed to land said bomber in Russian controlled Amur?
    I ask because tripleA refuses the move to Amur, but not the attack on the SZ.
    Pretty sure its just a bug, but want to make sure.

As wheatbeer said, if Japan/Russia aren’t at war you can’t land U.S. planes there.
    That said, tripleA allowed the move because you could also land in Guam (Japan didn’t DOW U.S. so they couldn’t have taken it)

• oh i see, thanks !

• Customizer

I have a couple of naval questions I’m not sure about:
    1 > Submarines Surprise Strike ability. Both attacking and defending submarines get the Surprise Strike ability when there are no destroyers involved on either side. Also, instead of using the Surprise Strike, subs on either side can choose to submerge. Okay, suppose a German submarine finds itself in the same sea zone as a UK submarine, cruiser and battleship.
    A = On Germany’s turn, the German sub would be the attacker. If it chooses to submerge, can the defending UK sub still Surprise Strike the German sub, or does the German sub escape it by submerging?
    B = On UK’s turn, now the UK sub would be the attacker (along with the UK CA and BB) and the German sub the defender. Does the UK sub’s Surprise Strike come before the German sub’s chance to submerge? Also, if the UK sub’s Surprise Strike misses, then the German sub can submerge and combat stops in that sea zone, right?

2 > Transports unloading on combat and non-combat movements. Suppose the US uses a transport to move 1 infantry and 1 AA gun from SZ 101 to SZ 91, which borders Morocco and Gibraltar. Can the US unload the infantry in the combat move into German controlled Morocco then unload the AA gun into UK controlled Gibraltar in the non-combat move since the transport did not have to leave SZ 91?

• '13

A sub can always submerge before battle if no destroyer is present, regardless of attacking or defending. Other ships have no impact.

As far as the transport goes, if the units are on the transport prior to the turn, you can unload the infantry in combat. However, I do not think you can unload units into different territories. I am unsure on whether or not you can unload the aa gun in a noncom to the same territory.

• '18 '17 '16

@knp7765:

2 > Transports unloading on combat and non-combat movements. Suppose the US uses a transport to move 1 infantry and 1 AA gun from SZ 101 to SZ 91, which borders Morocco and Gibraltar. Can the US unload the infantry in the combat move into German controlled Morocco then unload the AA gun into UK controlled Gibraltar in the non-combat move since the transport did not have to leave SZ 91?

@UnknownSoldier:

However, I do not think you can unload units into different territories. I am unsure on whether or not you can unload the aa gun in a noncom to the same territory.

“Each transport can offload in only one territory and once it offloads, it can’t move, load or offload again that turn.” (AA40.2, Rulebook, p.33)
    Non combat move: “This is the only phase in which AAA can move.” (AA40.2, Rulebook, p.22)
    AAA: “Normally,this unit can be moved only during noncombat move phase. An AAA unit cannot move during the combat move phase other than being carried on a transport if the unit was loaded on a prior turn.”(AA40.2. Rulebook, p.29)

The answer to your question is: no, your transport is not allowed to offload twice. If you unload both units in one territory, there would be no problem. If you load the AAA in the non combat move phase on a previous turn, you could unload the AAA in the next turn in an amphibious assault.

• '12

you cannot unload the anti aircraft gun in the combat move phase.  it can only unload in non-combat on a subsequent turn and only if the transport is not moved in combat move phase or involved in combat on the turn you want to offload.

• '18 '17 '16

May be I misundestood the expression “other than”, as I’m a non native speaker. In my understanding, “other than” means “with the exception” or something like “unless”. An “exception”, related to “only during the non combat move phase” I took as “not only during the non combat move phase”.

• Official Q&A

Your understanding of “other than” is correct.  The problem is that you extended “being carried on a transport” to offloading from a transport.  A transport with a AAA on it (loaded on a previous turn) can move in combat movement, but it can’t offload the AAA.

• Need answer ASAP!

Scenario:  Japan has a bunch of transports and surface vessels with a uk dd in sz36.  Japan declares war on its turn, if there is a hostile uk destroyer in that seazone, does it prevent japan from loading the transports the transports in combat move?

• No, the loading is not prevented.  There is an exception specifically for this.  Rule book page 12, blue box, first paragraph

Make sure Japan is not already at war with UK/ANZAC.  (It is possible for UK to move ship there, and then for ANZAC to declare war, which would then prevent Japan from loading because UK/ANZ politics are coupled but the turns are not)

• thanks!

• hello, this is probably a silly question, but the book has the starting incomes of each power for the global ed 2 in the back.  They have the US slated at 52 ipc’s.  and then they also have all the US NO’s bonus values. So US cant enter the war till end of turn 3, and in Europe and pacific they start out at 17ipcs, then get their war time bonus in on turn 3.  My question is in global does US start out turn 1 with 52 ipc’s? Then when they are at war they can get or go after there NO’s??

• Customizer

@jwo1984:

hello, this is probably a silly question, but the book has the starting incomes of each power for the global ed 2 in the back.  They have the US slated at 52 ipc’s.  and then they also have all the US NO’s bonus values. So US cant enter the war till end of turn 3, and in Europe and pacific they start out at 17ipcs, then get their war time bonus in on turn 3.  My question is in global does US start out turn 1 with 52 ipc’s? Then when they are at war they can get or go after there NO’s??

The answer to both your questions is YES. In Global, the US starts at 52 IPCs and once they are at war, they get the bonus income from national objectives.
    The rule for the US to go to war in the collect income phase of turn 3 only applies if an Axis power hasn’t attacked them first, hasn’t taken control of London or any territory in North America, or Japan hasn’t made an unprovoked declaration of war on the UK or ANZAC. If any of those conditions occur, the US can declare war on any or all Axis powers during the combat movement phase of it’s next turn and can collect any national objective income that it qualifies for. Sometimes Japan likes to attack on their first turn.
    By the way, the US income on the Pacific side is 17 IPCs. The US income on the Europe side is 35 IPCs. That’s why you get 52 IPCs in Global.

• '17

Does a damaged airbase block blitzing the same as an operative airbase?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m