LHoffman's Painted Sculpts For Your Consideration

• Those British Inf are probably one of the finest examples of a paint job.  The Union Jack bases are done superbly and I think that the weathering and muted tones for the units gives a sense of realism I have yet to see.

Congratulations.  Fe-nominal work!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Hepps01:

Those British Inf are probably one of the finest examples of a paint job.  The Union Jack bases are done superbly and I think that the weathering and muted tones for the units gives a sense of realism I have yet to see.

Congratulations.  Fe-nominal work!

Well those Brits are not mine… they were done buy a guy here (Allworkandnoclay). They are quite good though. Props to him.

• Customizer

LHoffman,

I truly enjoy seeing your EXCELLENT work!

I didn’t mean to “jack” your thread, but just wanted to share with you. The whole idea for me is FUN for everyone.

Also, I didn’t realize you’d already seen some of the custom units that Allworkandnoclay had done for me. He said the Aussie “Diggers” were some of the most difficult bases he’s painted(see below). I don’t think I’ve ever posted pics of them before.

I, like everyone else on here, are all enjoying seeing your great paint jobs. Please keep up the good work. As far as what I’ve noticed,…it has been your EXCELLENT work!

Man, you’re right about this project getting bigger and bigger all the time!

“Tall Paul”

anzac_inf2b.jpg

@Tall:

I didn’t mean to “jack” your thread, but just wanted to share with you. The whole idea for me is FUN for everyone.

“Tall Paul”

Not a problem Paul. You didn’t jack it, rather you are adding to it, so thanks for that. Those Aussies are very nice. I am rather dreading having to paint those roundels… especially since Allwork’s words were something to the effect of: “Those roundels were the bane of my life for about 24 hrs”

Well, I guess we will find out eventually.

• Customizer

LHoffman,

I’m glad you’re OK with my pics. I probably have several painted units that I don’t think I’ve posted before. Let me know and I can send them to you or post them here. I think everyone on this forum tries to encourage each other,…and in your case,…it’s shear envy of your work(grin)!

BTW, I just sent you a PM.

“Tall Paul”

• Tall Paul can you post pictures of the german units? (all of them) cuz on a flickr page i found with his painted pieces there are no german units.

@Tall:

I’m glad you’re OK with my pics. I probably have several painted units that I don’t think I’ve posted before. Let me know and I can send them to you or post them here.

Sure, go ahead and put them here. Especially if you are holding out on any German ones. I particularly like those.

Anybody know if Allworkandnoclay ever painted any German units? Seems like on his thread he never got to them.

• Customizer

Swedo & LHoffman,

Sadly, I don’t have any German Infantry painted as yet.

A long time ago, I decided to use FMG’s new German units for my Wermacht and SS units. These are the ones(through NO fault of FMG) that have been delayed soooooooo long.

“Tall Paul”

• Can you post pictures of the other units? Fighters, bombers, tanks, artillery, and ships? It would be appreciated!

@Swedo:

Can you post pictures of the other units? Fighters, bombers, tanks, artillery, and ships? It would be appreciated!

If it is going to be fairly extensive, then I would say to create another thread for them. But if it is only a handful then go ahead.

• Customizer

Guys,

I guess I was too specific. I don’t have ANY German pieces painted by
    “Allworkandnoclay” as I decided to wait for the NEW FMG German units that were supposed to come out a year or so ago. I’ve had him concentrating on my INFANTRY units because I loved the national insigns he painted on their bases.

Let’s see,…just off the top of my head we’ve done Nationalist China, Japan(Mainland scheme), Anzac, U.S. Marines, Marine Raiders, Para-Marines, 11th, 17th, 82nd, and 101st Army Airborne Paratroopers, Calcutta-based British, Russians(Summer scheme), and the FMG Italians(Desert scheme).

He also did my Major Industrial Centers and he is currently finishing the Minor I.C.'s and Anti-Aircraft Guns.

I had previously had some American and English Navy / Air Force units painted by SOMEONE ELSE. They’re pretty good but not exactly what I want so I might replace them later. See below:

“Tall Paul”

First, the Americans.
    P-38 Lightning, B-17 Flying Fortress, F-4F Wildcat, SBD Dauntless, CV, BB, CA, DD, SS, and AP. I had them painted in the Blue-Gray scheme. I’ll eventually put 48-star flags on their stern decks of the ships for I.D. purposes.

shreveporter 001.JPG

• Customizer

And the British Navy / Air Force

“Tall Paul”

You might notice that I made a few concessions on historical accuracy vs. game-playing identity issues. Like national insignia on BOTH wingtops of the aircraft and Spitfires on the U.K. Carriers. This was mainly to assist my 88-year old father who is a WW2 veteran identify things a little easier. He regularly plays A&A with us. That’s him on the left.

UK 80 piece set 004.JPG

Just an update:

Tiger tank will likely be up tonight. Also making progress on the FMG Littorio class battleship.

• Can’t wait to see the Tiger!

@wittmann:

Can’t wait to see the Tiger!

Hope it is worth the anticipation.

• It is a Tiger. I have seen your work too.
    One day I will pay someone to do some units for me, as I would love some and I  am worse than useless.
    My wife has offered to paint some for me! I told her she was too busy.

@wittmann:

My wife has offered to paint some for me! I told her she was too busy.

Hahaha… do you not trust her abilities enough?

• The opposite. She is very good with a paintbrush. She is a chef, but decorates cakes as a side business. She does painted ones as a speciality. Not sure if anyone else does in Hereford.
    We have a 3 year old and a small restaurant and she makes cakes.
    She really is too busy.
    I am the one with time on my hands. Have you seen how long I am on this forum!

@wittmann:

The opposite. She is very good with a paintbrush. She is a chef, but decorates cakes as a side business. She does painted ones as a speciality. Not sure if anyone else does in Hereford.
    We have a 3 year old and a small restaurant and she makes cakes.
    She really is too busy.
    I am the one with time on my hands. Have you seen how long I am on this forum!

True, true… Sounds like a beautiful family and excellent business. I would frequent your restaurant if I were in England.

• Thank you. I would meet most of you, if I lived in North America too.
    Am going to come one day.  I am desperate to visit Civil War sites, as your war has become my most read about one(more than WW2).
    This is a great community and forum.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m